SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xpress Sims software not loading in Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xpress Sims software not loading in Windows 10
    Posted: January-24-2021 at 1:42pm
Does anyone know why Xpress Sims will not load in windows 10??  when you go into scenery file it is their but it appears the file is not opening.  HELP Please
oldfunflyer
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2021 at 12:13am
There should be no issues with XpressSim 2 products and Windows 10. That is what I use.

What do you mean by 'go into scenery file'?

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
oldfunflyer View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2021 at 10:34am
Jiff I will try to explain what I see.  Xpress Sims show it downloaded and installed.  When I run FSX it is not there the plain is sitting no the tarmac nothing else no airport etc.. I open Microsoft Games folder, open Microsoft flight simulator FSX, then the scenery folder the last thing their is the Xpress sims USA file, open it and all the Brownsville gbl's are their.  all the filed folders look right but they are not opening when I run FSX..
Regards
oldfunflyer 
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2021 at 12:43pm
I can not be the only one seeing that problem with Xpress Sims software running on windows 10.  I have installed FSX - reinstalled several time - uninstalled Brownsville and KBRO reinstalled them several times - turned off all the fire walls and virus protection stuff and repeated all the above.  BRICK WALL.

oldfunflyer
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2021 at 10:38pm
Do you see XpressSimUSA listed in the FSX Scenery Library? If yes, where in the list is it?

Did you install XpressSim by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator"?

Do you have any other scenery software for Brownsville installed? Is that higher or lower in the FSX Scenery Library than XpressSimUSA?

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2021 at 10:18am
Well Jeff problem solved - Was searching on the inter net and some one posted this -- click on the fsx icon and then properties - compatible - scroll down to windows 7 select that.. It runs just fine all my Xpress sims soft ware it their..  sorry for being such a pain.. Getting old.
Regards to all
oldfunflyer AKA off

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic