SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XML or Scripting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetflt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XML or Scripting
    Posted: March-06-2013 at 1:52pm
I'm using FSPanel Studio for FSX and modifying aircraft panels, and creating new gauges. I've been to some websites for tutorials on fsx gauge creation and can't find the syntax required for printing text with numbers. Found scripts that contain  !3d! or !5.2f! to print numbers, but where is the tutorial explaining the syntax rules for this. Also they use %((blah, blah)% to print stings, but where are the rules for this?

I bought a XML for Dummies at Barnes Nobel but it doesn't have anything on this. Maybe it's some sort of scripting or C++. Don't know, need help.

Thanks

quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2013 at 5:55pm
The details on how numbers/strings need to be formatted in FSX gauges is in the "Creating XML Gauges" section of the FSX "Panels and Gauges SDK".

While you may be able to get so far with reading tutorials on the web about FSX gauges, you really need to read the FSX SDKs for all the information you might need to develop for FSX.

Note - I cannot copy and paste the information you need as the SDK is copyright material. You'll therefore need to look in them yourself.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
n4gix1303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4gix1303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2013 at 2:36pm
I'd also add there is a very vibrant and active set of developer forums that're available for anyone to use: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forums
Bill Leaming
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
Flightsim Rig:Intel® Core™ i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2013 at 12:33pm
The above link is inop... try "forum"
Bert
FSMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2013 at 8:42am
correct link is

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/index.php

BTW:  As mentioned by another poster, the FSX SDK  is going to help you a lot more to understand the FSX/Fs2004  Gauge XML code, than the generic XML for Dummies book.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic