SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2016 at 11:30am
I will make a note of your request, I should be able to limit the times the FSISERVER pauses the sim, during LC editing etc. and leave it alone all other times.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2016 at 11:34am
Hi Stephen,

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Have a nice weekend :)

Tym
NAX View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 6:17pm
i wish for fewer pinned posts in forum... better arrange them into a faq of some sort
-------------
NAX
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2016 at 1:36am
There is an FAQ but people don't always use it. I will see about removing some of the older or less relevent topics.

Stephen
musiol1 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musiol1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2016 at 2:04pm
Hello.
Is there a chance for high-altitude "cloud squeeze" fix ? (Like in AS16).

Luk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2016 at 2:10pm
Wasn't aware our weather engine suffered from any cloud squeezing. The OpusFSI LWE already feeds parameters to the sim to depict all low, medium, and high level cloud correctly. So no cloud problems have ever been observed or reported. OpusFSI has always determined and injected all manner of cloud layering at all levels.

Stephen
musiol1 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musiol1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2016 at 2:19pm
Sorry. My fault - should be high latitude instead of altitude :)
NAX View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2017 at 8:42am
If there is a way, you will be the guy to make it...
Could you set color on a clouds base, based on the color from a sky texture?

We have had some very nice sun sets lately, and studying the clouds, you see it's only the lower part of the cloud that get colored by the sun light passing through atmosphere before hitting the clouds from below.
I dont know if this color is also visible from altitudes over the clouds, but I dont think it is important for this use, not at the start anyways.
Could it be done?

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7195/6890214541_f8bcee7bb7_b.jpg
-------------
NAX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2017 at 9:21am
Hi NAX,

Unfortunately it's not possible to specify or alter the colour of the cloud bases, all rendering is the responsibility of the sim. The weather engine determines other factors but not the rendered colour.

Stephen :-)

Adamski_NZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2017 at 7:01pm
@NAX ... if you're on P3D, I have a solution for you!

I've recently got heavily involved with Yuri's excellent shaders modification tool: PTA. The cloud colouring tweak is one of the functions covered.

Here's my own PTA page that has useful links etc: http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

Adam.
NAX View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2017 at 7:20am
Thanks for the input Adam.
I have PTA installed and used a early preconfig that totally ruined my experience :D I guess it would have made my sim sparkle if I had used only 1 screen, but I do use 5... in HD. P3D went straight into CTD-mode :D
How it could set different textures for my clouds regarding the color of the sky without reloading, i have problem understanding...

-------------
NAX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2017 at 7:51am
Originally posted by NAX NAX wrote:

Thanks for the input Adam.
I have PTA installed and used a early preconfig that totally ruined my experience :D I guess it would have made my sim sparkle if I had used only 1 screen, but I do use 5... in HD. P3D went straight into CTD-mode :D
How it could set different textures for my clouds regarding the color of the sky without reloading, i have problem understanding...

I'm not sure why you had problems. Are you sure you're not mixing up PTA with "Reshade" or "SweetFX"? PTA is totally hardware independent, so shouldn't be affected by the number of screens you're running. It modifies only the .fx shaders *code* (basically maths) - and doesn't touch any textures - only the *way* in which P3D draws them - and the colours which it "paints onto" the textures.

Whenever I tried SweetFX or Reshade I was plagued with all sorts of GDI DLL errors, crashes etc. so I gave up (after many attempts). PTA has always worked fine on my system.
ArleiCapati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArleiCapati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 10:24am
Hi Stephen,

Currently, when using LCC, we need to press a key (or button) to set the eye point. Here is the section of the manual that covers this:

The Set option temporarily saves the current eye point offsets and assigns them to the currently selected camera view so that you don't have to keep moving the eye point back after changing camera views. This is handy for changing seat position or general adjustments to overcome any changes to the usual reference axis for the aircraft within the sim.  However it is a temporary set of offsets, only valid whilst the program is running or until you clear them using the Reset All function. If you want a permanent alteration to the camera view then use the Adjust option.

I would like to have a mechanism that could temporarily set the eye point without having to press anything. In other words, if I move the eye point and change to a different camera, that same eye point will be shown the next time I come back to that camera. I think both Reset All and Adjust options should remain.

I understand this can be a matter of personal preference. To accommodate everyone, there can be an option to control the behavior (if the eyepoint is to be automatically set without the need to press anything or if the camera will be set only after the user presses the assigned key or button).

Keep up the good work. And thanks for listening Smile
Arlei
São Paulo - Brasil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 11:10am
Thanks for the suggestion but it wouldn't be feasible in the software.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArleiCapati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 1:33pm

No worries Stephen. There should be good technical reasons for not implementing it.

But it doesn't hurt to ask anyway
Arlei
São Paulo - Brasil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 1:38pm
How would the software know when you want a camera view created?

You need to be able to tell it using some method and there's nothing much simpler than using LCC mode.

The options are Adjust (adjusts the current OpusFSI Live Camera view you have selected on the display), and Create (creates a new camera view using the current LCC offsets you have applied).

All LCC functions can be controlled via a dedicated gamepad controller.

The Reset options have nothing to do with cameras, they reset the current LCC offsets applied to the current selected camera view.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArleiCapati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 2:17pm
Hmmmm..

I don't want a new camera to be created. I just want the eye point to be preserved so that when I switch to another camera and go back, the eye point is still the same it was when I switch. Just like using the set function, but without pressing any key or button.

Hope it is clear...
Arlei
São Paulo - Brasil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 2:22pm
So without pressing Set (manual set) you want it to 'Auto Set' option?

I could look into that for the OpusFSI version 5 upgrade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArleiCapati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 2:26pm
Yes. Auto Set. That is a good way to describe and call it.
I will be looking forward to it but no rush. Take your time :-)

Thank you.
Arlei
São Paulo - Brasil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 7:13pm
Isn't what Arlei is describing exactly how the "normal" FSX/P3D views work? When I switch backwards and forwards between spot view and VC, the camera position (and zoom) is remembered <?>.

I've often thought that was a handy feature - so I'm not surprised by Arlei's request - though it hadn't occurred to me, LOL!

Adam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2017 at 3:07am
Yes. It might be a bit annoying though when it keeps changing your default Captains view, or VC views when you only wanted the feature to apply to External Aircraft Views.

So its not so simple a change as first thought. I must make sure the 'LCC Reset' or original position is remembered so that works as expected, and possibly allow the 'LCC Auto Set' function to be view specific just like the saved LCC offsets are.

Stephen Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArleiCapati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2017 at 4:05am
@Adam: Yes, exactly how normal FSX/P3D works. As I said, this can be a matter or personal preference, but to me it is more "natural" to have the latest eye point remembered. After all, most of us are using FS (and then P3D) for quite some time now and we got used to the way the view system works.

@Stephen: Agree, the latest xyz/pbh needs to be saved to different, view-specific variables. I realize there might be some complexities involved. But you are the guy who can do it (no pressure )
Arlei
São Paulo - Brasil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2017 at 4:53am
I am implementing the Auto LCC Set option for Live Camera views in OpusFSI Version 5. The option will be set automatically when your version 4 CAM files are loaded by the new version 5 software. When the Auto LCC Set option for a camera view is set, Live Camera will automatically save all LCC Offsets each time you change camera views. It will be as if you have manually pressed the LCC Set option before selecting the new camera view.  The Auto LCC Set option is applicable to all eye-point adjustable Live Camera views, including the new version 5 Observer Views. Its operation can be beta tested and refined after the version 5 Prototype is posted (soon).

Stephen Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArleiCapati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2017 at 11:43am
Hi Stephen

Wow... what a wonderful news!!!
I will be more than happy to test it when the V5 prototype gets released.

Thank you so much for listening to your users. What a great experience is to have you as the developer of my preferred add-on.

Thank you once again and keep up the excellent work.
Arlei
São Paulo - Brasil
DelayedArtisticGuppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DelayedArtisticGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 1:20am
Hi Stephen

Please consider adding DHM syncing with Active Sky 16 turbulence using their API. I know that OPUS supports DHM with native fsx turbulence, but I suppose AS injects turbulence in a different way, because I don't have any DHM when flying through Active Sky turbulence.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate this feature.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 2:13am
There's only one way to define turbulence in the sim which will be reflected in the weather data read from the sim. If this is missing or no METAR is available from the sim then no determination can be made. As far as I am aware there is no such interface possible with AS. I will investigate further but the above comment is factual so if turbulence is specified in the sim I will see it.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DelayedArtisticGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 2:19am
Active Sky provide an API which has a variable for turbulence. EZDok is using it for their DHM syncing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 2:31am
I will check it out.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 11:03am
My DHM works fine without Live Weather enabled. Provided you have DHM enabled in your 'selected' Live Camera view or have configured the General DHM to enable it there, OpusFSI reads the current METAR out of the sim via the standard SimConnect interface (this is the SAME function provided via the unnecessary ASN DLL).

The returned SimConnect METAR is decoded and used to assist in determining the turbulence data for DHM to use.

I will also see about using the PDK for the METAR read.

If all the above is configured correctly then DHM should work just fine without Live Weather active as it has done for some time. It can only be blocked if the METAR data is not returned by the sim, a request made via the standard SimConnect interface !

I may include some notification in Spy whenever the METAR is not received after requesting it. I will also see about using the PDK interface for P3D users.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DelayedArtisticGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 11:12am
I do get DHM when I'm using the FSX weather engine and manually insert a cloud layer with turbulence in it. But when I'm flying with AS16 and the AS16 debugger indicates that I'm flying through turbulence, I get no DHM at all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DelayedArtisticGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 11:19am
Could it be possible that AS16 turbulence simply isn't present in the METAR's and is injected in some other way? Is there a way for me to check this? And why does EZDOK use the "unnecessary" active sky DLL?

EZDOK resides inside the sim so perhaps it's simpler to use the api rather than using the standard SimConnect interface. Perhaps the function is blocked to force the interpolated METAR to be obtained via the api. OpusFSI is External, requires NO resources within the sim, has NO effect on performance, and can read the same data using the same named SimConnect functions. Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 11:30am
There's only one way for the sim to store and act on turbulence. Yes, cloud layers will trigger more turbulence.

OpusFSI turbulence matches the turbulence data that IS inside the sim. That's why it matches the sims own Turbulence and Thermal effects. I will look to see if I can or am detecting turbulence due to wind and temperature inversions using the returned METAR data. This is done in high res inside the LWE.

There's no way these effects can be coordinated in real time. OpusFSI maintains over one million meteorological parameters internally, data that needs real time access to fully coordinate the DHM turbulence. More than 1000% more data that is in the sim, anywhere. However, wind and temp inversions (in typical 'in sim' low res) can be determined from the METAR data returned from the sim. Of course I am assuming the METAR data is forthcoming as a result of our standard SimConnect request. I will add some indications in the Spy window so you can see for yourself.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DelayedArtisticGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 11:41am
Stephen

Clearly for some reason Opus doesn't recognize the turbulence that AS16 injects into the sim. There's one simple solution for this: use the variable provided in real time by their DLL instead. Why are you so reluctant to add such a simple feature?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 11:48am
At first glance the data obtained via the api is IDENTICAL to the METAR data that can be obtained through the standard SimConnect interface, an interface that's ideal for external programs such as OpusFSI. You even use the same named request to get the same data that is available via the 'standard' SimConnect link. This data has to be 'inside' the sim in order for the sim to respond as it does. The sim data is limited but all responses are controlled by it. If I find there is better data available then fine. If it's exactly the same then no as it's easier to read it without linking and relying on the api. The data will also be available irrespective of what source of weather data or weather engine is used.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 12:19pm
OpusFSI is an external program so it cannot use the api directly and must use the http interface to request, in a web style, Interpolated METAR data from the ASN DLL. This is an Interpolated METAR containing the 'in sim' data. This feature is already available through the standard SimConnect (ideal for external addon programs) where you can request the same Interpolated METAR data. It is also available through P3Ds PDK which we don't use at the moment but may use soon if it proves more efficient and less troublesome for the sim.

I do not want to place any further unnecessary burden on the sims resources or performance by making an internal DLL respond to constant requests for Interpolated METAR data using a local http request. Why should I when we are already requesting the same data via SimConnect.

I will look into extracting more turbulence data from the Interpolated METAR, if I'm not already, and factor that into the DHM. Having read the api document I see no indication at present that any more meaningful data is available through the local http interface. It will just tie the method into ASN and place added burden on the sim by relying on the internal ASN DLL. As I said, provided the SimConnect request can be serviced with the ASN DLL active then our DHM should function ok. With the proviso of detecting other possible turbulent wind and temperature layers.

If I have missed something and these assumptions prove to be wrong then I will consider adding a local http interface to extract data from the internal DLL. I see nothing at the moment to indicate there any additional data. You certainly cannot 'read' variables that are not available in the sim.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 12:38pm
As for the 'internal' variable ... not accessible by an external program.

The only practical solution would be to prepare an internal OpusASN DLL that linked with the ASN bootstrap DLL within the memory address space of the sim. A common memory region would then be needed to allow the ASN exported Ambient Turbulence variable to be requested, read, and returned to our external program.

Another solution would be if this data variable could be read through fsuipc4 or made available through a local http request, not available at the moment.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 12:43pm
I might consider doing this (preparing an OpusASN.DLL) when I have some spare time.

I can do it, but you will have to test it with the OpusFSI Version 5 Prototype.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DelayedArtisticGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

As for the 'internal' variable ... not accessible by an external program.

Ok, my bad, I didn't know that. I was only referring to that one turbulence variable this whole time, not the http stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 12:49pm
See my above post. It is possible to use a small common memory region and link external to internal wrt the sims memory map. Then request, read, and extract the internal variable.

As I said, you will have to test it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DelayedArtisticGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2017 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

I might consider doing this (preparing an OpusASN.DLL) when I have some spare time.

Stephen

I know I'm not the only one using AS for weather and Opus for camera effects and we would all be very grateful if you did that. 

I will gladly test it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic