SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish List
    Posted: March-20-2013 at 3:53am
OK, as requested here is the Wish List for you to request any changes or enhancements you would like to see in OpusFSX.

Regards
Stephen
peebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 7:21am
The enroute winds aloft in a flightplan at cruise altitude (for the NGX ) you talked about it a while back. Also if you have to add more option buttons to help our ops with problems, can you still keep the default all buttons unticked. To give the many ops who don't have problems full dynamic weather. More or less as it is now. If I'm flying low I don't tick any of the weather options, if I'm flying high I just tick download Grib and wind smoothing. It works perfectly for me and the challenge of dealing with whatever gets thrown at me enroute and at the destination is very satisfying.
Phil
Japo32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Japo32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 12:02pm
1. Weather radar

2. If it is possible.. (maybe not) simulate the thick of the cloud. Now you cross the billboard the cloud is over... Something like this noise fx done in IL2 COD?:
http://youtu.be/equE1FfaZLg
That noise FX would be good to put inside the fog also like in rise of flight:
http://youtu.be/tIVnHeCAWuU
But maybe is imposible becasue FSX internal.

3. Don't know if it is done already but simulate smoke, ashes, sand storms visibilities (changing color of the fogs)

4. thermals to make flight soaring depending on weather sun (over cities more when sun heating). Mountain thermals (in the slope of the mountains?)

5. a set of textures to not use the ones from others. (not very important to me but maybe others will like to see this one) 
phantomleader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantomleader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 1:42pm
Hi Japo32,

That icing effect in IL2 is kind of neat though I'm not sure if it's totally realistic, but I "doubt" that Opus could be expected to provide *textures & effects* for this.  I could be wrong about that!  Like I said, that icing effect was rather neat. LOL

Happy Landings!

Dennis
I thought "you" put the gear down!
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 2:18pm
Smoke, ashes, sandstorms, in fact all forms of reduced visibility conditions are already interpreted. We cannot of course rewrite the FSX code so cannot change the way it renders or colours anything.

We have no intention of providing textures, there are already free textures available and we recommend the excellent FEX payware, but plenty of texture sets are available. I believe the visible effects of icing are down to the aircraft sim.

Stephen
bmabes View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 6:10pm
Something of a weather radar would be a nice addition. It could conceivably be very simple where each of opus's weather cells corresponds to a pixel in a lowres png image where light rain = green pixel, heavy rain=red pixel, moderate=yellow, snow=pink, and nothing=transparent. you get the idea. This could be enlarged and displayed in the opus configuration panel over a map image perhaps? Or displayed on a networked laptop to be more useful in flight.
Maybe include options to display like high alt radar, or low alt radar, and composite radar. Clouds could be shown similarly, with each cell-pixel rendered at a different opacity determined by cloud coverage.
just some thoughts. I don't know how feasible they are.
SkipperMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkipperMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 6:16pm
Ok, I have to say it again: my wish is that OpusFSX stays simple and undemanding (of both computer resources and required user input)!
SkipperMac aka Norman
i7 2600k @ 3.5GHz | Asus P8P67Pro | 8GB DDR3 RAM | nVidia 9800GTX+ 512 MB | 2 x 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HDD
reecemj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reecemj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2013 at 9:39pm
I agree with Norman. Smile  I bought Ideal Flight last week and I can't fly with out it now. But the weather it produces does not come close to what Opus does. IF does not put hardly any load on the computer resources. I have 2 programs that have lifted my FSX experience to another level. Please kept Opus simple.
vonduck View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2013 at 1:56am
Indeed....keep it simple and focused on what its meant to do and do it well.... real life example here in NZ of a company who's core industry is digging and selling coal... long story short... the exec's thought it wonderful to diversify while coal was selling for a record profit... thinking this selling price would always be, they failed to invest in the core business... upshot is that this state owned enterprise now is in debt to the tune of $360 million.... all of the spinoff enterprises have been shut down...job losses and now the government has to bail  out the main company...

The point being - stick to what OPUS does well and be the best at it....safe and secure as the leader!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2013 at 3:24am
Firstly ...

The OpusFSX interface has absolutely NO impact on FSX performance at all, it never has and never will. It puts virtually no load on FSX at all and we still cannot measure any frame rate loss !

So I hope you are not going over to a different weather engine because you think it will somehow give better performance. In fact, any program that includes flight monitoring will most likely be placing a higher burden on FSX than OpusFSX, simply by forcing FSX to constantly report data to the program for logging and post flight anaylsis !

OpusFSX will always remain simple. So any additions such as mentioned above (flight planning assistance, pseudo weather radar or map display, adding thermal effects for ridge soaring) will be developed as seperate programs such as part the LW Assistant program, typically running on a networked computer or laptop, hence it will not affect or complicate the OpusFSX interface at all.

Just thought I should point that out.

Stephen
DickB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2013 at 4:06am
It's been discussed elsewhere, but just to get it logged - historic weather (days not hours) for offline flying. It's the only thing stopping me moving to Opus for weather right now.

AHM - variable speed as for other LC view transitions

LC - view transitions and AHM moves might be improved and look more natural if the move speed slows down towards the end of the move.
i7 2600K 4.0GHz - 8GB RAM - GeForce GTX 580 & NV Driver 275.33 - W7 Home 64 - FSX SP2 DX9 - FEX UTX EU & FTXG

egkkman View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egkkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2013 at 9:49am
Opus crew,
Is it possible to simulate windshear?
Thanks
Dave
reecemj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reecemj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2013 at 9:57pm
(So I hope you are not going over to a different weather engine because you think it will somehow give better performance. In fact, any program that includes flight monitoring will most likely be placing a higher burden on FSX than OpusFSX, simply by forcing FSX to constantly report data to the program for logging and post flight anaylsis !)

Oh no! I have had 3 weather programs not one performs like Opus.
I have learned a lot about how FSX works from reading your post in both forums. But I haven't notice a framerate hit on my machine yet with IF. Smile I basically us IF for random flight planning and to get me in the air quickly on the days I don't have much time.

Reece
reecemj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reecemj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2013 at 10:05pm
To fly last week,a year and 5 years ago weather is the only fun that's missing from Opus for me!!Embarrassed

Reece
Japo32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Japo32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by egkkman egkkman wrote:

Opus crew,
Thanks
Dave

+1
Haza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2013 at 2:05pm
A traffic control system so Al Planes can be 'stacked' like they would going into Heathrow, AL Smooth is okay but I think someone needs to develop a accurate system.

That would be good!
EdwardS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2013 at 3:37pm
I believe peebee [Phil] already covered this but I will second. The ability to feed in a flight plan and have OpusFSX predict trip times between waypoints and total predicted trip time based on winds aloft.
Ed Smoker
russianspd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2013 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Haza Haza wrote:

A traffic control system so Al Planes can be 'stacked' like they would going into Heathrow, AL Smooth is okay but I think someone needs to develop a accurate system.

That would be good!

AI Separation from  FS.com. You can choose the distance between AI and the distance they are to be moved back if they go below the initial distance. I.E 4nm separation, one goes below 4nm from the other AI it gets pulled back 3NM. They stack up within 20 miles.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by EdwardS EdwardS wrote:

I believe peebee [Phil] already covered this but I will second. The ability to feed in a flight plan and have OpusFSX predict trip times between waypoints and total predicted trip time based on winds aloft.

Seem my post in the coming soon. I am speculating the gist of any type of OPUS Flight Plan assistance will be just FP waypoints and providing wind and temp data and maybe weather predictions. You want to have waypoint data info for times and fuel use PFPX when it comes out. They both will be using the same data source.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2013 at 5:09pm
Both packages use the NOAA GRIB forecast data so provided you specify your intended cruise altitude then everything should be fine and the PFPX planning will match the OpusFSX weather en route.

Stephen
francesco.doenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francesco.doenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 1:08pm
It's already a fantastic software, but if you are asking for a wish, yes, it would be nice to get rid of these sudden cloud changes which I guess happen when the wheather is updated!
And thank you again Stephen for your regular upgrades!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2013 at 1:20pm
Would have to rewrite the FSX code to stop that. Not in our power I'm afraid.

Stephen
egkkman View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egkkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 3:44pm
Hi Stephen,
"Opus crew,
 Thanks
 Dave"

Any thoughts on this please?

Thanks

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 3:56pm
We will investigate the possibility and let you know.

Cheryl
egkkman View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egkkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 4:05pm
Thanks Cheryl, much appreciated.

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 4:08am
It would be possible to associate wind shear in the lower atmosphere (say below 4000 feet AGL) with SQ (Squall) and TS (Thunderstorm) conditions. The severity of the wind shear could be adjusted based on the local area meteorological conditions.

Stephen
Von Rondstadd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Rondstadd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 6:22am
Originally posted by peebee peebee wrote:

The enroute winds aloft in a flightplan at cruise altitude (for the NGX ) you talked about it a while back. Also if you have to add more option buttons to help our ops with problems, can you still keep the default all buttons unticked. To give the many ops who don't have problems full dynamic weather. More or less as it is now. If I'm flying low I don't tick any of the weather options, if I'm flying high I just tick download Grib and wind smoothing. It works perfectly for me and the challenge of dealing with whatever gets thrown at me enroute and at the destination is very satisfying.
Phil

+1
Robert
egkkman View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egkkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

It would be possible to associate wind shear in the lower atmsphere (say below 4000 feet AGL) with SQ (Squall) and TS (Thunderstorm) conditions. The severity of the wind shear could be adjusted based on the local area meteorological conditions.

Stephen that sounds excellent to me. I'd be pleased to try it out if it's introduced.

Thanks very much

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 7:15pm
Pretty much from what I see having an windshear is the only thing wind related that is really missing from OPUS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 4:58am
I will start preparing the software in accordance with the above, associating wind shear with squalls and thunderstorms.

Stephen
birdmanmike View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdmanmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 8:44am
Slightly different, but can't find elsewhere. When I have local weather report open, if there is a change in that window (pressure or whatever) - pc focus snaps back to the FSX monitor - which is a real pain when I'm typing in another non-FSX window as suddenly FSX will be in pause or yaw or something depending on what I'm typing. This doesn't seem to happen with other add-on pop-ups. It makes no difference wherever the report window is dragged to - one of two other monitors, or left on the main FSX monitor.
Is it me or something to add to the wish list?

Cheers, Mike (while I'm wishing, I'd like a Lamborghini . . .)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 8:58am
Focus is returned to FSX main window at the users request so that you can continue to control the aircraft and operate switches. One option would be to just temporarily remove the report window when you want to edit the OpusFSX options which would normally be set before takeoff. Another option would be to manually pause the sim, which is what the software also used to do automatically for you until users requested it to be manual control. But if I changed either operation back to how it used to be I will get others saying that they cannot control the aircraft, or do not like the sim pausing, just as they did before I automatically returned the focus and automatically paused the sim when the dialog was opened.

I tend to press the P key before changing anything in the weather options dialogs. But rarely need to change them. I also have a shortcut command to toggle the report window on/off.

Stephen
egkkman View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egkkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 9:41am

I will start preparing the software in accordance with the above, associating wind shear with squalls and thunderstorms.

Stephen

Wow that's great, thanks very much.

Dave
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdmanmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 4:37pm
Thanks, Stephen, I'll do the latter - put a toggle in for the window - it's not when I do anything - just when the window info changes - no biggy . . .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 4:47pm
I've just assigned the W key to toggle my weather report window on and off. FSX remembers the position and docked/undocked status so it is quite a workable solution.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 5:00pm

Stephen

Using a good movie quote, "I love it when a plan comes together".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by birdmanmike birdmanmike wrote:

Slightly different, but can't find elsewhere. When I have local weather report open, if there is a change in that window (pressure or whatever) - pc focus snaps back to the FSX monitor - which is a real pain when I'm typing in another non-FSX window as suddenly FSX will be in pause or yaw or something depending on what I'm typing. This doesn't seem to happen with other add-on pop-ups. It makes no difference wherever the report window is dragged to - one of two other monitors, or left on the main FSX monitor.
Is it me or something to add to the wish list?

Cheers, Mike (while I'm wishing, I'd like a Lamborghini . . .)

I have this happen as well. My guess is either the LWE updated something in OPUS or maybe it is the "big brother" checks the LWE does in FS. Probably is the weather or something related being changed in FSX making it brought up to the front again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2013 at 5:21pm
Each time a weather report window is updated the focus changes over to the report window. After update the focus will then be switched back to the FSX main window so users can continue to control the aircraft. So the focus switches first to the report window then back to the main view. This change in focus can interrupt any dialog changes or editing such as entering an alternate ICAO code. Hence if you turn off the weather report then there will be no change of focus and you can type your ICAO code into the dialog. You would normally however enter everything you had to before flight, but if you needed to change some setting or entry you can just remove the report window, or pause the sim.

Stephen
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdmanmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2013 at 4:52am
Thanks Stephen its no biggie anyway. I'm just one of those strange people who sometimes do something else like an email when flying - at least when on autopilot . . I'll do the obvious, thanks.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2013 at 6:06am
Multitasking or is that work

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic