SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHATS UP WITH IS 3 For P3DV4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2018 at 1:36pm
We are all waiting. Need update for P3D v4. Instant  Scenery and perhaps airport Studio. How long has this request been here from other designers?
Bluemarlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluemarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2018 at 9:36am
I also think that there will be no update and certainly no new version of Instant Scenery.

Maybe there will be a completely new design software anytime or LM will improve SimDirector. He would need it until he reaches the usability of Instant Scenery.

JYD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2018 at 9:42am
Well I hope Konstantin does an update. And an update for Airport Studio. I was on the beta team for that one.
ejwells811 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by FrankBarbosa FrankBarbosa wrote:

IS for P3D4.xxxx - dead, buried, not going to happen. You can thank LM for changing the rules and upping the bar on a whim. I don't blame the developer for giving up in disgust and throwing in the towel.
I guess the only question left on my mind is this. . .Instant Scenery, at least to me, seemed to be the only FS Add-On that seemed unable to keep up with the changes necessary. Most others were able to have the necessary changes made to their products in relatively short order. . .even with this latest update. Now I realize that by saying "most", that encompasses a lot of addons and there are probably some that have decided enough is enough as well, but aircraft developers, Weather Addons, scenery developers. . .all seem to be quick to release updates.

So, what was it about the inner workings of the best scenery placement tool ever, that caused the developer so much grief when others made it look relatively simple?

Ed Wells, TSgt, AFRC (Retired)
301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
JYD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2018 at 3:06am
is 3 updated fo9r p3d1,2, and I think 3. It is 32 bit. p3d4 and higher is 64 bit. Can't Konstantin make this 64 bit?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2018 at 7:33am
Originally posted by JYD JYD wrote:

IS 3 updated for P3D_V1,2, and I think 3. It is 32 bit. P3D_V4 and higher is 64 bit. Can't Konstantin make this 64 bit?
If you read back on some of the other threads on this topic and read this thread as well, the answer is obviously. . .No! I also asked the same question above and have not yet gotten an answer. . .very possibly that question may never get a direct answer from the developer.

For the time being, use IS3 in a version of P3D that still works. . .or even FSX. The scenery works perfectly in P3D_V4+ despite not being compiled using the correct SDK.

At some point, that will probably no longer work. . .LM will add some coding that will require scenery to only be compiled with the current SDK and workarounds will be a thing of the past, but for now that's my suggestion and it does work.
301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
JYD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2018 at 10:15am
That is what I do as well. Sad to see a good tool go bad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2018 at 10:38am

. . . . .Sad to see a good tool go bad.
I agree 100%
301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
Bluemarlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluemarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2018 at 11:06am
It wouldn't be so bad that Instant Scenery is dead if LM at least developed their own design tool further. But I can't get the Sim Director to work on my system. Despite installing the latest SDK, it always crashes when loading the libraries.
Not to mention the fact that it also lags far behind the functional range of Instant Scenery.

RIP Instant Scenery
Yardreamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by ejwells811 ejwells811 wrote:

IS 3 updated for P3D_V1,2, and I think 3. It is 32 bit. P3D_V4 and higher is 64 bit. Can't Konstantin make this 64 bit?
If you read back on some of the other threads on this topic and read this thread as well, the answer is obviously. . .No! I also asked the same question above and have not yet gotten an answer. . .very possibly that question may never get a direct answer from the developer.

For the time being, use IS3 in a version of P3D that still works. . .or even FSX. The scenery works perfectly in P3D_V4+ despite not being compiled using the correct SDK.

At some point, that will probably no longer work. . .LM will add some coding that will require scenery to only be compiled with the current SDK and workarounds will be a thing of the past, but for now that's my suggestion and it does work.

Following is my opinion only

I truly doubt LM will code out 3rd part custom scenery placement in there SDK, but that does not indicate LM V4 SDK may require advanced skills to utilize. As long as there is access to the Add-on scenery library we will be able to insert custom scenery, just may take a new skill set. As far as a 3rd party package as in IS I also believe the costs in development may outway the recovery via retail in the store, how much would you consider a worthy investment, Anything over $50.00 US although I would and a few would pay that amount sales may not even reach the cost. 

By observing the new trend in flight simming  the new users coming into the hobby may and looks like does not have the same interest in creating custom scenery like us dino's or sim pioneers did as there is a flood of great scenery in the stores now and the need or desire to create is just not as it was for us. 

I also believe that soon LM and Xplane will have a divided community and such  LM and Xplane will have to facilitate a smoother platform and will include there own HD scenery and environment package even eliminating that avenue from the stores so possibly only Aircraft and other vehicles will be sold as an add-on's. Simming is evolving either out or down a different path, I think through their own stores or game hubs like Steam... 

Dreamer

DavidBeckett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBeckett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2018 at 8:40am
Originally posted by FSDiscoverer FSDiscoverer wrote:

Instant Scenery for P3Dv4 is planned and I am working on it.

I cannot promise a fixed release date yet, sorry.

So more than  a year has passed since the above was quoted, what's the latest info?
FrankBarbosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBarbosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2018 at 3:21pm
DavidBeckett, 
If you read the thread from top to bottom and you will get your answer.
Yardreamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2018 at 11:26pm
Dear Santa Lamp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic