SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX Tropical America & Caribbean V2 - Released

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX Tropical America & Caribbean V2 - Released
    Posted: January-23-2016 at 4:47pm
Hello everyone,

The product took a little longer to develop than we expected.  But, I am finally pleased to announce the release of UTX Tropical America & Caribbean V2 today.

The following features have been added to V2, which are upgrades to V1.
  • A new multi-platform installer that supports all versions pf Prepar3D, FSX, and FSX Steam Edition in one download.
  • Adds  the islands of Trinidad and Tobago to the original coverage area.
  • Outstanding enhancement requests reported in UTX TAC V1 have been added to V2.
  • Completely reworked USA/Mexico border region along Rio Grande.
  • Completely reworked vegetation landclass for Caribbean islands.
  • V2 adds new autogen lighting to all UTX roads.
  • Includes 5 new detailed airports and 4 nearby seaports designed with our new XpressSim software.   
The full retail price is $29.99.   UTX TAC V1 users can get it at a discounted price of $14.99 using a coupon.   You can purchase the product and get coupon information at the Flight 1 product page below.

Note: UTX TAC V1.x should be completely uninstalled before installing V2.0.   

Enjoy !

Allen

Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2016 at 4:53pm
Great timing, just logged in. Up to our knees in blizzard snow. Wink

Thanks.
Win 10x64-256GB 840Pro | P3Dv3.4-512GB 850Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i | 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34-2N
GTX1070 Quicksilver 378.78
jackson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 8:34am
I am having an issue during the installation of UTX TAC V2. The installation on P3D was flawless while I could not run the Set up tool following the installation on FSX-SE. I have a standalone FSX-SE set up which is correctly detected by the UTX install manager, but the I have to manually input the destination folder for the TAC files, and when the installation is complete and I launch the Set Up tool there is an error message saying that the scenery.cfg tool was not found in the local\microsoft\fsx-se path. I don't have such path as I have a standalone FSX-SE install, so I have only the local\microsoft\fsx path.
I hadn't had such issue with the previous UTX products.
Any suggestion ?
Thanks
Ezio
Ezio
(Win10-64b, I7-2600k @4.8 Ghz, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, EVGA GTX1080, 8Gb DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133CL9)
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 10:36am
All FSX version uninstall/reinstalls went without a hitch here, however I did have to run the CTRL-SHIFT-R command on first launch of the UTX Tropics interface for each sim version which did find duplicate files and cleaned them up in each simulator version.

I must say the landclass for the tropics in this version is a far cry ahead of the original. The islands have lost their dry look and now have the right feel.

The airports provided by ExpressSim all look best with the default settings using the vector over photo which blends them perfectly with the surroundings and look very realistic. The photo base option is kind'a hard on the eyes and less realistic looking, just my opinion.

Lights in FSX/FSXSE/P3D set to 3D with 2/3 height, higher brightness in FSX/FSXSE and lower brightness in P3D

I must remind GEX/GEP3D owners that after installing UTX Tropics to be sure to open each of the interfaces and select to cycle the UTX Tropic feature OFF and then back ON again which will re-sync GEX/GEP3D back up with UTX.

The texture blending is seamless with GEX/GEP3D Allen..   well worth the time and effort

Even Haiti with the lack of data available for it came out FAR better that anticipated. 

Good Show!  Thumbs Up

vic_baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 12:43pm
What he said.........    Smile

Impressive!!

Vic
3770K 4.7G ASUS Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1050ti 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, HAF942 - H100 water W10 Pro

7700K 5.0g Asus X270F 3600 15-15-15 GTX1080ti 1000W PSU 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAFX-H100 Water W10 Pro
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by jackson jackson wrote:

I am having an issue during the installation of UTX TAC V2. The installation on P3D was flawless while I could not run the Set up tool following the installation on FSX-SE. I have a standalone FSX-SE set up which is correctly detected by the UTX install manager, but the I have to manually input the destination folder for the TAC files, and when the installation is complete and I launch the Set Up tool there is an error message saying that the scenery.cfg tool was not found in the local\microsoft\fsx-se path. I don't have such path as I have a standalone FSX-SE install, so I have only the local\microsoft\fsx path.
I hadn't had such issue with the previous UTX products.
Any suggestion ?
Thanks
Ezio

Ezio.  Let me try and think on this some.   The multi-platform installer for UTX TAC is the same as previous versions.    The only change is that we added another platform to a small IM.INI file that is used by the install manager.    This change should not have impacted anything.

Let me ask you to do something if you continue to have problems.   Inside the folder containing the UTX Setup tool for UTX TAC there is a file named PRODUCT.INI.    This file will be in the folder "Flight One Software\UTTacFsx".     I don't want to see the entire file, just the "Settings" section.    For example, here is the section from one of my boxed FSX installes:

[Settings]
NoWarningCheck=0
Developer=1
DefaultWaterTextures=0
DefaultTextureRes=1024
HaloTexture=0
FSXPath=H:\Games\Fsx
Path=H:\Games\FSX
Registry=Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
SceneryCfg=Microsoft\FSX\SCENERY.CFG
FsxCfg=Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG
TerrainCfg=H:\Games\FSX
Exe=fsx.exe

The entries in bold are the ones I am interested in.

Allen

jackson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 1:44pm
Allen,
thanks for your answer. Actually earlier on this afternoon I had found the file PRODUCT.ini and opening it I had seen that it was pointing at folders and path that were non existing. It was like this:
NoWarningCheck=0
Developer=1
DefaultWaterTextures=0
DefaultTextureRes=1024
HaloTexture=0
FSXPath=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
Path=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
Registry=Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator-Steam Edition\10.0
SceneryCfg=Microsoft\FSX.SE\SCENERY.CFG
FsxCfg=Microsoft\FSX-SE\FSX.CFG
TerrainCfg=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
Exe=Fsx.exe

I edited and changed like this:

NoWarningCheck=0
Developer=1
DefaultWaterTextures=0
DefaultTextureRes=1024
HaloTexture=0
FSXPath=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
Path=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
Registry=Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
SceneryCfg=Microsoft\FSX\SCENERY.CFG
FsxCfg=Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG
TerrainCfg=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
Exe=Fsx.exe

And now everything is working fine...
Have I done the right thing ?
Can I consider the problem solved or is there anything else I have to do ?
Thanks

Ezio
Ezio
(Win10-64b, I7-2600k @4.8 Ghz, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, EVGA GTX1080, 8Gb DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133CL9)
northtexas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northtexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 1:59pm
If you had modified the status of any airports by disabling them you will need to enable them all before installing V2.  If you have already installed V2 you will have duplicate files for each disabled airport and the CTRL-SHIFT-R command will not find them because they will have different extensions (XXX & BGL) so you will need to enable each of those airports to get rid of the dup files then you can disable them again.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by northtexas northtexas wrote:

If you had modified the status of any airports by disabling them you will need to enable them all before installing V2.  If you have already installed V2 you will have duplicate files for each disabled airport and the CTRL-SHIFT-R command will not find them because they will have different extensions (XXX & BGL) so you will need to enable each of those airports to get rid of the dup files then you can disable them again.

Acutally, UTX TAC V1 should be uninstalled completely before installing UTX TAC V2.   I am not sure if we made this clear or not.   There are several problems that could arise if UTX TAC V2 is installed over V1.    I am going to change the top thread to mention this.

Allen

northtexas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northtexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 2:57pm
Oops!  Please delete my post Allen...I'm going to uninstall both versions and start over.
jackson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 3:34pm
I made a fresh install, so no previous UTX TAC installed, so my problem cannot be caused by this.
Ezio
redbaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 4:10pm
Wow. The Caribbeans have a completely new look now. Way better than V1.
Did full installs in FSX & P3Dv3.1 no problems at all. Fine tuned it to my settings with the CP and now enjoying the best this region has to offer.
Thank you guys
Pierre
Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 5:03pm
Allen,

FYI, the link (http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UtxTacMap.pdf) to the coverage map on the F1 retail page for TAC 2 is broken.
Z270 XPower Titanium i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i | 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34-2N
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 5:10pm
Ezio (jackson),

I have been digging into your issue and can confirm that the UTX Install Manager is not doing the right thing in the case of a system with just FSX Steam Edition which has never had FSX boxed on it. This caused the problems when the UTX TAC V2 Setup Tool runs and it is looking in the wrong place for the location of the registry location for the FSX-SE folder, and scenery.cfg and fsx.cfg files.

The UTX Install Manager does run a slightly different installers in the case of FSX SE only and FSX boxed + FSX SE installed. It just seems that this different installer ended up with an incorrect file in it.

What you did by editting the Product.INI helped to complete the install in your case worked as it included the correct values now, but it obviously does not solve the problem for all other users in the same arrangement as yours. We'll be investigating further and likely re-releasing the installer on the Flight1 product page.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 5:39pm
I have only SE.  So will this be fixed?  I should hold off buying it?  Or is there a way to install in the meantime?
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 6:03pm
rich1245,

Yes we will get this fixed asap for customers who only have FSX SE installed.

If you are only an FSX-SE user, just hold off while we investigate further and as noted above it will likely mean a new full installer.

I could provide instructions with workaround now if really needed for those who have already purchased and are stuck, but for those FSX SE only customers I would say just wait a little bit.

Jeff

rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 6:32pm
lol when my kids were growing up, they had a word for it.....

PSYCH

Offer something to someone.  When they reach for it, take it back and yell PSYCH!

Tongue
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 7:39pm
OK Guys,

We have a fix for FSX-SE standalone users.  We will roll this into the Flight 1 production download.  But, that could take a while because we have to rebuild the entire installer package, test it again, wrap it with the ecommerce and put it on the Flight 1 site.  That could take 24 hours or so.

In the meantime, there is a simple fix for FSX-SE users.   You will basically need to replace one of the files that is used by the UTX Install Manager.  It should be very easy.

Here are the instructions:

1) Download the file at the link below:

2) Install the UTX TAC V2 Installer Manager.   If you are here, you have already done this.

3) Locate the UTX TAC V2 Installer Manager folder.   This should by default be at the location below unless you changed the install location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Scenery Solutions\UTXTacIM.

4) Copy the UtxTacV20Se.exe file that you downloaded to the location above.  It should overwrite a file of the same name.

5) Now just restart the UTX Installer Manager and install the FSX-SE standalone version.

We can help if there are additional questions.     I will post tomorrow when the full installer is recreated.   But, those that are waiting can install the standalone FSX-SE version right now using this small replaced file.

Sorry about the problem.   The more platforms we try and support, the harder it is to test all of them :(

Please let us know how this works for you.   I was able to test it fine on a standalone FSX-SE install before uploading it.

Allen

rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 10:57pm
Worked fine for me.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 11:28pm
Great.  Thanks for reporting back.   Flight 1 should have the full installer updated tomorrow so that this little FSX-SE patch won't be necessary.  I will report back when it is up for anybody waiting.
Allen

jackson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 5:22am
Allen, Jeff,
thanks for addressing this issue.
Regards

Ezio
Ezio
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 9:46am
I have some additional information to pass on.    

As of 10:00pm CST last night (1/24/16), the full installer on the Flight 1 page for UTX TAC V2 has been updated with the fix for FSX-SE.    So, the FSX-SE fix/patch is no longer necessary.

Thanks for your help diagnosing this issue yesterday.
Allen

jackson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2016 at 4:03pm
Thank you for reacting so quickly...!Smile
Ezio
oldfunflyer View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2016 at 9:07am
What is CTRL-SHIFT-R and how do you us it? ie while FSX is running - UTX is active  What?
Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2016 at 12:15pm
CTRL-SHIFT-R is a maintenance clean up process and checks for duplicate files. You run it on the setup tool. Not when you sim is running.

Clayton
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2016 at 1:05pm
In addition to what Clayton(Psybear) said, you only really need to use this maintenance operation if you come across cases where when using the UTX Setup Tool you have issues enabling/disabling choices in the right-hand feature tree, or, if you spot scenery files in the UTX scenery folders which have the exact same name but different extensions i.e. both .bgl and .xxx for the same file.

Jeff

Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2016 at 4:31pm
OK - Onthe cntrl shift r thing I cleared my problem by uninstalling FXS and with a new install put UTX-USA 2.3 and UTX-TAC 2 back in, now I am a very happy flyer.
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfunflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2016 at 4:43pm
FOUR POINT NINE STARS (Gotta leave room for improvement) - Thats the rateing I give UTX-TAC2.  I can only speek about the little peice of the world I fly in Deep South Texas/North East Mexico, but have no reason to think the rest of this product would be of any less quality.  Scenery Sulations has set a new standard.  With this and UTX-USA 2.3 the border of Texas and Mexico come together real good.  Now make my world complete, turn out KBRO Brownsville International Airport -  PLEASE     Tongue
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 11:21am
Thank you !!!

"KBRO Brownsville International Airport"

On the list to be one of the first.  
Allen

Aviator1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aviator1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2016 at 10:53am
Just bought the product but have a question about the scenery library it was not added.
so i added

ut tac detailed areas
ut tac airports 
ut tac polygons
ut tac streams
ut tac water
ut tac railroads
ut tac roads 

and on the top of the library scenery\xpresssimtropics

Is there anything else i need to add?
Thanks

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2016 at 1:58pm
If you had to add these by hand then there was an installation issue likely caused by lack of permissions or installation into the wrong location.

I'd suggest that you look to identify which of these, or some other reason, why the installer did not do what it is meant to do.

What OS are you using? What sim platform are you running on? Did you run the installer and/or setup tool by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator"?

Jeff

Aviator1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aviator1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2016 at 4:21pm
Yes it was written in the programdata fsx se folder and not in fsx folder since i have steam as a standalone installation,you have to install in fsx if you have steam standalone thats what i do wrong always now everything is ok, can u confirm those entries in the scenery library sir that i addded manually, thank you
Aragorn80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aragorn80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2016 at 10:37am
There are trees on the codrington (barbuda) runway...
JPL19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPL19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2016 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Psybear Psybear wrote:

Allen,

FYI, the link ( http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UtxTacMap.pdf ) to the coverage map on the F1 retail page for TAC 2 is broken.

Coverage Map is still not showing . . .

Joe L.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2016 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Aragorn80 Aragorn80 wrote:

There are trees on the codrington (barbuda) runway...

I can not reproduce that here. The Codrington (Barbuda) runway and airport have no trees appearing in the airport pad or on the runway
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2016 at 6:35pm
I can reproduce this at the CODR id Codrington. There is no issue at the TAPH id Codrington.

Not sure why it is happening yet.

Jeff

Bobpr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2016 at 3:56pm
Is there a coverage map available? Thanks!

Bob
kdlovell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdlovell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2016 at 4:50pm
Hello, 

I can't find any information on the XpressSim airports included in this package.  Are they compatible with other payware scenery such as LatinVFR TJSJ?  If not can they be turned off?

Thanks!
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2016 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Bobpr Bobpr wrote:

Is there a coverage map available?

Check out page 7 of the original UTX TAC V1 manual. The V2 coverage area also now includes the islands of Trinidad and Tobago.

Jeff

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2016 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by kdlovell kdlovell wrote:

I can't find any information on the XpressSim airports included in this package.  Are they compatible with other payware scenery such as LatinVFR TJSJ?  If not can they be turned off?

Details about the XpressSim airports included with UTX TAC V2 were included in the sticky post titled "TAC Update & XpressSim announcement" at the top of this forum.

If you have another 3rd party airport for one of the locations provided you can disable the XpressSim version to prevent conflicts.

Jeff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic