SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX Steam Install Prob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EG 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX Steam Install Prob
    Posted: December-26-2017 at 9:16pm
Hi! I'm switching from FSX Gold to FSX Steam. I have deleted FSX Gold from the system completely, and I've successfully loaded GEX NA & TAP, UTX USA, Canada & TAC into the .../common/FSX program folder.

The problem is, I'm getting an error saying that the UTX Configurer can't find the FSX.cfg file, but won't give me an option to browse to the FSX_SE.cfg. How do I direct the UTX Configurer to the FSX_SE.cfg file instead?

Any help or insight is appreciated! Thanks,

Dave
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 9:45pm
When you deleted FSX Gold from your system did you also remove all its registry entries before you installed FSX Steam?

Based on the information you provided which notes that you have an FSX_SE.cfg file this indicates that your FSX Steam installation installed in co-existance mode i.e. where it thinks it is working alongside FSX. This is what is causing an issue with the multi-platform UTX installers (you are using the installers and not just copying files over which will not work).

If you are comfortable using the Windows registry editor (regedit), I may be able to point you to some other posts in this forum where I have given instructions on how to 1) completely remove FSX registry entries before you install FSX Steam and/or 2) fix up FSX Steam registry entries so it thinks that it is the only FSX version installed and so not run in co-existance mode.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
EG 7 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EG 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 9:45pm
Oh, nevermind. All of a sudden, something went right, and the UTX Textures are now loading into the sim. I'm not sure why they wouldn't load before.

Thanks,

Dave
EG 7 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EG 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by quantumleap quantumleap wrote:

When you deleted FSX Gold from your system did you also remove all its registry entries before you installed FSX Steam?

Based on the information you provided which notes that you have an FSX_SE.cfg file this indicates that your FSX Steam installation installed in co-existance mode i.e. where it thinks it is working alongside FSX. This is what is causing an issue with the multi-platform UTX installers (you are using the installers and not just copying files over which will not work).

If you are comfortable using the Windows registry editor (regedit), I may be able to point you to some other posts in this forum where I have given instructions on how to 1) completely remove FSX registry entries before you install FSX Steam and/or 2) fix up FSX Steam registry entries so it thinks that it is the only FSX version installed and so not run in co-existance mode.

Jeff

I believe I did Jeff. Initially I had installed FSX SE in tandem with FSX Gold. Then I decided to uninstall both programs completely and start fresh with only a new copy of FSX Steam Edition. There might have been something I missed that got overwritten or dismissed in the last attempt to load. UTX/GEX is loading properly now. It seems to perform well on the tarmac at the moment. Apparently, P3D is still on my system also - I thought I had deleted that from my feeble system last week also. I'll look for any residual items that might have been left behind from those other programs. Thank you for the quick response and the positive lead!

Merry Christmas,

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic