SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX sandwich with Xclass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denver69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX sandwich with Xclass
    Posted: June-24-2012 at 1:03pm
Hi,

I now have all UTX and Xclass regions and have read Nicks article on scenery order. One question, I have all Xclass areas that have UTX areas set up in between Urban and vegetation, That is 3 for Eu,US and Canada. Or should I put Europe Xclass in between something in the Europe UTX stack. Are the urban and vegitation universal to all UTX areas is what I am asking. Also all 3 are active and are in different regions so I suspect this is correct. Nicks article says only 1 should be active though so I am a little confused. They are in different areas so should this be ok?

I also put Xclass Arica and South America at the top above the UTX areas but I suspect it does not matter since these are not UTX regions.

Thank you
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 1:58pm
As per the UTX Miscellaneous FAQ item quoted below:

Quote Q. I know that UTX provides enhanced urban landclass, can I use other 3rd-party landclass in addition to this to enhance things further?
Q. How do I layer my 3rd-party landclass to work with the UTX landclass?

A. UTX was developed to be able to work in conjunction with other 3rd-party landclass. Full details on how to layer 3rd-party landclass with UTX is covered in the manual installed with the product. See the section on "Using Other Landclass Products" under "Ordering of Ultimate Terrain X Layers".

In general the layering should look something like this when viewed in the FSX Scenery Library.

* UT Landclass Custom (Europe)   
* UT Landclass Custom
* UT Landclass Urban
* 3rd-party Landclass entries
* UT Landclass Vegetation

i.e. you would not move XClass Europe anywhere else in the UTX Europe scenery layering and place it between "UT Landclass Urban" and "UT Landclass Vegetation". This is because the folders which these FSX Scenery Library layers point to, are shared across all UTX products.

You are correct that you would not need to layer the XClass products which cover areas outside of the UTX product area coverage, however it would likely not cause an issue if it was.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic