SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX overwriting Airport BGL's?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEK_the_Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX overwriting Airport BGL's?
    Posted: November-08-2017 at 1:41pm
Hello guys,

this is about UTX, P3D v4.1 and Taxi2Gate EDDM. Well, for the start, I own all tree :).

The latest purchase was T2G EDDM. After installing the scenery and checking out the airport I was  intrigued about default buildings that seemd to interfere with the custom scenery. I uninstalled UTX and, boom, the scenery shows perfectly fine.
I just reinstalled UTX (after deactivating it from GEX, disabling it from it's own interface,...) and the problem is back: default buildings overlapping the custom scenery...

Please advise what can be done here.

Thank you.

Regards,
Gerald
P3D v4, GEP3D+UTX, ASP4+ASCA, FSGlobal Ultimate NG, ORBX Trees HD, Chase Plane,...
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 7:19pm
Simple...  Open the UTX interface, select TERRAIN menu, then Modify Status of Repositioned Airports

Scroll down the list to EDDM select and click to DISABLE it

UTX doesn't overwrite the airport files, it simply take priority over the default airports that stink. Disabling the UTX version in the UTX interface when a payware airport is in use is how that is handled..  as I recall the issue and procedure to correct is in the documentation
GEK_the_Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEK_the_Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2017 at 3:21pm
@NickN, thank you oncemore for your quick and helpful reply.

To explain myself: I'm used to UTX since long time ago and used it only with FSX. I don't recall ever having to disable airports from UTX interface. I didn't even know UTX has some BGL included. Within FSX I had EDDM from Aerosoft and did not notice anything odd.

My apologize: This is the first time I encounter this behavior (within P3D v4) I therefore did not bother reading the manual.

Your "fix" works. Thank you again. 
P3D v4, GEP3D+UTX, ASP4+ASCA, FSGlobal Ultimate NG, ORBX Trees HD, Chase Plane,...
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2017 at 3:34pm
UTX has added repositioning some of the badly placed FSX airports for many years now when a customer reports an anomaly caused by the clash between our geographically accurate roads and water features and a geographically inaccurate default airport.

As Nick correctly points out we do not overwrite any default and/or add-on airports.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic