SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX not showing in scenery library

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX not showing in scenery library
    Posted: May-31-2019 at 7:59am
I've had to 'delete generated files' to get Prepar3D up and running again; much of my add on scenery including UTX no long appears in the library. The Setup Tool checks the textures with the result being normal; how can I get the entries back in the library (scenery.cfg file?) short of a re-install - or is that the trick ?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2019 at 11:08pm
I am not UTX support but I will tell you what I know to try and expedite support...

The UTX configuration tool will repair terrain.cfg entries automatically when you open the UTX configuration interface, unfortunately it will not restore or repair the scenery.cfg entries.

If you do not have a backup of the scenery.cfg somewhere you will have to reinstall to repair that file correctly.

If I am wrong one of the UTX developers will need to correct me, but I do not think I am.

quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2019 at 10:41pm
Yes Nick, you are right in that while the UTX Setup Tool will repair missing Terrain.cfg entries, it does not repair Scenery.cfg entries. The only thing which adds those is the UTX Install Manager.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic