SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX Europe V2.0 Released Now !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX Europe V2.0 Released Now !
    Posted: February-27-2015 at 4:57pm
Release

Flight 1 Software and Scenery Solutions are proud to announce the release of our new UTX Europe V2.0 product today.    Our forum users here can get a jump on the public by downloading today using the links in this thread before the official public release.

UTX Europe 2.0 is a massive upgrade to our V1.x product.    

For an overview on the UTX Europe V2.0 enhancements (and a country-by-country breakdown), please see the document below:

For information on our new urban landclass, see the document below.  Utx Europe V2.0 contains new landclass for not only urban, but rural/vegetation areas also.

Pricing:

• Existing UTX Europe V1.x users can upgrade using the coupon below for only $14.95.
  • New UTX Europe customers can purchase the product at the reduced price of $29.95

Platforms Available:

UTX Europe V2.0 is our first product to use our new UTX Install Manager technology.  The UTX Install manager application eases the pain of having to install a 3rd Party product to multiple platforms, by presenting a quick and painless installation process.  You can rerun the Install Manager as often as you like.

A single purchase price gets you native support for the following platforms:
  1. Boxed FSX-Version
  2. Standalone FSX-Steam Edition
  3. FSX-Steam Edition when previous boxed FSX version was/is installed
  4. Prepar3D V2.1 -> V2.4
  5. The new Prepar3D V2.5
How To Purchase:

The Flight 1 Page For UTX Europe V2.0 is now up.   

Allen

Pete Dowson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Dowson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2015 at 12:45pm
Where is the "coupon below" mentioned in this announcement, please?

Pete

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Dowson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2015 at 12:48pm
It's okay. I see coupons are downloadable on the purchase page, not in this thread as implied.

Tks

Pete

GSalden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSalden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2015 at 1:06pm
In the enhancement doc there is nothing mentioned about the Netherlands....
Gerard Salden
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2015 at 1:53pm
Sorry about the omission.  It looks like both the Netherlands and Belgium were left off.   I will try and get this updated.

OK: the document has been updated to include both countries.

Allen

chicoD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2015 at 1:59pm
Will there be a DVD version? I can't open the 'coupon' file and my (very slow) internet connection keeps dropping out.
I'm trying to download the full (non coupon) version with FDL but it keeps dropping out and now says 23hrs to download!
I'll happily pay to replace my DVD.
Thanks,
Chico
Didi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 5:19am
I assume it's necessary to uninstall UTX Europe 1.x completey before installing this new version 2, correct?

Didi
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Didi Didi wrote:

I assume it's necessary to uninstall UTX Europe 1.x completey before installing this new version 2, correct?

Yes. You will need to uninstall version 1.x before installing version 2.0.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
vic_baron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_baron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 12:43pm
ok - I have v1 for FSX - I want to use V2 in P3d. I assume that a direct install of 2.0 to P3D is all that is required.

Vic
3770K 4.7G ASUS Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, HAF942 - H100 water W10 Pro

7700K 5.0g Asus X270F 3600 15-15-15 RTX3090 1000W PSU 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAFX-H100 Water W10 Pro
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by vic_baron vic_baron wrote:

ok - I have v1 for FSX - I want to use V2 in P3d. I assume that a direct install of 2.0 to P3D is all that is required.

Yes, as they are being installed into different simulator platforms (e.g. FSX vs. P3D) in this case you can directly install V2.0 without needing to uninstall V1.x.

If you are installing V2.0 into the same simulator platform as the V1.x version, then you will need to uninstall the V1.x version before proceeding with the V2.0 install.

Jeff

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by vic_baron vic_baron wrote:

Vic

Vic.   UTX Europe V2.0 is wrapped by a custom Install Manager application that we came up with.     It will determine your system configuration and list out all the available installations that you can perform.   The options are:

1) Boxed FSX
2) Standalone FSX-SE
3) FSX-SE with Boxed FSX previously installed
4) Prepar3D V2.1 -> V2.4
5) Prepar3D V2.5

All of these versions of the original FSX use different registry and/or different configuration file locations.   So, it was necessary to handle the 5 different possible user simulator configurations.

Also:  I check sent you an email....
Allen

Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 6:04pm
Nice work. A Quintuple installer. Thanks.

Clayton
Win 10x64-256GB 840Pro | P3Dv3.4-512GB 850Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i | 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34-2N
GTX1070 Quicksilver 378.78
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2015 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Psybear Psybear wrote:

Nice work. A Quintuple installer. Thanks.

Clayton

Probably Quintuple and counting at this rate :)
Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Dowson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2015 at 10:50am
Help!

Today I tried to install UTX Europe V2. I got the coupon to give me the discount for V1 owders, I've been all through the complex process of obtaining and entering the original order number, plus all my details. All this was accepted. I opted to pay by Paytpal, and that all worked. But at the last of many hurdles, it fails saying "Coupon: the required product you selected is not from flight 1 software".

What? It already accepted the correct coupon, for a downloaded version of UTX Europe V2.  It displayted the price. I authorised it via PayPal. What is going on? How come Flight 1 Software then disowns UTX Europe v2?

How do I proceed now. If I abort the process at this stage do I have to repeat the whole horribly complex process?

:-(

Pete Dowson

Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2015 at 12:30pm
There's a Download Coupon and a DVD Coupon. Possibly selected wrong version? I almost did.

Clayton
Z270 XPower Titanium i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i | 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34-2N

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Dowson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2015 at 12:41pm
No, it wasn't that. I searched for my order number for Ultimate Terrain X Europe version 1 and thought I'd found it, but it turned out to be for Ultimate Terrain Europe (without the X), dating back many more years! 

Sorted now, but it was very frustrating having the process go so far and THEN to be rejected with a message which doesn't really mean what it says -- the order number might have been for the wrong product, but it was a Flight 1 product.

Pete

Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2015 at 3:48pm
I installed UTX EU 2 and just put it above the Global LC/Vector layers and below the FTX regions/airports and it seems happy enough for now.
Just waiting for the second hot fix to P3D2.5 to see what they shake out of the trees this time before I get too serious. Geek

Clayton
Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2015 at 11:32pm
And here we go again:

"Hotfix to bring 2.5.12942.0 & 2.5.12943.0 to 2.5.12944.0.

The hotfix addresses the following issues only:

• Incorrectly shadowed 3D waves with Bathymetry enabled
  • Sun glare with HDR enabled
  • SimDirector GamePad missing entry crash
  • Dull night lights in virtual cockpit and panels

Please be aware, if any third party software modified any of the dlls included in the hotfix, you will need to reinstall their content/add-on. Please check with the specific add-on provider to see if this is necessary. Additionally, when using this hotfix, any Prepar3D repair or reinstallation will need the hotfix reapplied.

Thanks for being a part of the community and enjoy,
Adam

Prepar3DŽ Senior Software Engineer"

Cheers,

Clayton

rsvette12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvette12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2015 at 8:43pm
Looking forward to update for USA p3d 2.5 latest - thank you - great product and missing it Wink

Ooops sorry for posting in Europe posting
Kyprianos Biris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyprianos Biris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 2:50am
Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

Platforms Available:

A single purchase price gets you native support for the following platforms:
  1. Boxed FSX-Version
  2. Standalone FSX-Steam Edition
  3. FSX-Steam Edition when previous boxed FSX version was/is installed
  4. Prepar3D V2.1 -> V2.4
  5. The new Prepar3D V2.5

Just to confirm, is FSX Acceleration OK for UTX Europe V2.0 ?
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2015 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Kyprianos Biris Kyprianos Biris wrote:

is FSX Acceleration OK for UTX Europe V2.0 ?

Yes. You will need to add this mini-patch afterwards to correct some object repositioning differences between default FSX and FSX with Acceleration.

Jeff

Geir Haukland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 5:13pm
Does Steam Ed contain ACC pack or not? I think i have SDK with steam too, so i might have the ACC pack, not sure, how to tell??

Have A Nice Flight!
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2015 at 11:48pm
It does look like the Steam Edition contains the Acceleration content.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2015 at 7:16am
Alright.! I have the boxed version on my regular FSX, how can i install this to Steam without loosing the one i have on my regular fsx? Upgrade is okay, but i wont un-install the one i have on my fsx version, i just want to have the 2.0 on my steam and not on my fsx, so, how can i make that possible? I have a boxed licence and do i have to buy a full version for my steam ed?
Or can i upgrade and not have to remove the v1.x from my fsx and just install this to steam?

Have A Nice Flight!
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2015 at 1:27pm
I have to admit I could not work out from your last message what you wanted to install and where. You will need to be more explicit i.e. are you talking about installing the Acceleration mini-patch to the FSX Steam version, or installing UTX Europe V2.0 to the FSX Steam version, install UTX Europe V2.0 to the FSX Steam version and not to the FSX boxed version, or something completely different?

If you are also talking about whether you can install your purchased upgrade to UTX Europe V2.0 on both the FSX boxed version and the FSX Steam version, the answer is yes. How you need to do the installation and/or upgrade depends on what you want to do.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2015 at 5:29pm
Well, let me do it step by step for you.

Step 1.
I have a fully working FSX with UTX v1.0 ( this i want to keep as is )

Step 2.
I have a fully working FSX-SE with GEX ( this i want UTX v2.0 installed to )

Step 3.
If i install ut v2.0 to my fsx-se, will this cause me any problems with my fsx that have v1.x?

Step 4.
What, there is no step 4, so read all steps again, and let me know if you missed out something.

Have A Nice Flight!
Ian Ellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Ellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2015 at 8:47pm
I have photo scenery of the UK which I want to preserve while using UTX V2 for the rest of Europe. Is it possible to exclude the UK from the UTX installation?
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2015 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Ian Ellis Ian Ellis wrote:

I have photo scenery of the UK which I want to preserve while using UTX V2 for the rest of Europe. Is it possible to exclude the UK from the UTX installation?

There is no way to exclude the UK but it is not needed anyway as photoscenery in FSX always has priority over vector scenery and should therefore display.

Jeff

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2015 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Geir Haukland Geir Haukland wrote:

Step 3.
If i install ut v2.0 to my fsx-se, will this cause me any problems with my fsx that have v1.x?

No. The installer technology provided with UTX Europe V2.0 allows you to install into FSX-SE with no impact on FSX. You just have to make sure that you only select to install into FSX-SE.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 9:59am
Okay, but do i need a full buy or can i just purchase the upgrade for 14,95 and still have my v1.x intact on my fsx?

Have A Nice Flight!
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 10:45am
As a current owner of UTX V1.x you can just purchase the upgrade. Make sure that you use the discount coupon during the purchase.

Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 11:09am
Okay, i have the DVD version of it, and have the serial on the inlay of the dvd cover, so i just use that when register it? Or cant i use my dvd serial on the 2.0 version? And do i need a special patch when fsx.se has acc pack?

Have A Nice Flight!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 11:13am
Originally posted by quantumleap quantumleap wrote:

Originally posted by Kyprianos Biris Kyprianos Biris wrote:

is FSX Acceleration OK for UTX Europe V2.0 ?

Yes. You will need to add this mini-patch afterwards to correct some object repositioning differences between default FSX and FSX with Acceleration.

Jeff

Does this apply to fsx.se version too???

Have A Nice Flight!
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 12:38pm
Yes.  Running the patch will reposition some of the new custom buildings that were added in FSX Acceleration.

This is more icing on the cake than a necessity.  Some users may not even know the difference IMO.
Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2015 at 3:36pm
I dont think i need it, so far all worked perfectly with the cupon and download went well, so did the installation too and everything is what i want, so i dont think i need the patch, i'll wait and see how it works first, i dont want to un-install just to get the patch working, no way, it stays the way it is now, and i am happy with it. Now i have v2 on my steam fsx, and the thing works so well with photo-scenery that i dont wanna go back to my orginal fsx, at least not yet... Next i am going to see if i can get FTXGlobal working with steam, hope so..

Thnx for the great work guys. Thumbs up from me.

Have A Nice Flight!
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2015 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

Running the patch will reposition some of the new custom buildings that were added in FSX Acceleration.

As an FYI these are in Berlin and Athens.

You'll more likely spot issues in Berlin as you will see duplicate buildings and towers close to each other because they changed the models for a few of them and did not re-use the same unique identifier. In Athens it was primarily repositioning newly added buildings.

Jeff

hesynergy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hesynergy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2015 at 9:44pm
Thanks Jeff!....New problem now....figured out...but thanks for your advise...
it loaded in my P3d folder.  Beautiful scenery afforded by FTXGlobal and the shorelines, roads, and infra-structure of UTX Europe v2.

..but lookie now ...new problem..nooooooo LFAC!..I love the look, but...

Prepar3d v2.5 has no clue where LFAC Calais Dunkerque is ! its missing from the database...no LFAC, No Calais, no Dunkerque or Dunkirk!!!...
No LFAC in the P3d database...its missing! Yet, while flying my Realair Duke Turbine 2, my GTN 750 sees it on the scope just fine...and, see below......interestingly FSX-SE has it too!!
...any one know whats going on here?

Thanks,

Chas
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2015 at 11:02pm
That is the installer for the "UTX Install Manager". It does not have to be on the same drive as P3D and could go anywhere you want it. Once it installs, it runs and allows you to pick which flightsim platform you want to install the UTX product in as it is multi-sim platform aware.

This is all explained in the documentation which came with the install manager.

Jeff

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2015 at 11:52am
Chas (hesynergy),

Firstly, to help everyone else and to make sure that we see your questions please if you have a new point to discuss which is not related directly to the thread (especially old threads) please create a "New Topic" (using the button in the main forum). Also, do not edit an old post of yours and completely change the content with new information. This will almost guarantee that your question will be missed and confuse everyone reading the thread.

As to your report and as UTX does not modify LFAC, your issue is best aimed at another section of this forum. I suggest you post the question in Flight Simulation General Discussion.

Jeff

BobP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2016 at 4:51pm
Hi,

I just purchased UTX Europe 2.1, the installer does not recognize where FSX is located. The only option presented is FSX Steam Edition. Steam has never been installed on my FSX machine, only the boxed edition.

It's puzzling because I have installed UTXUSAV2 and UTXCanadaV2 without an issue. Help please, thank.

Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic