SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UTX Alaska & ORBX SA on FSX:SE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbird8034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTX Alaska & ORBX SA on FSX:SE
    Posted: January-12-2020 at 4:11am
Are they compatible? I've tried many scenery priority arrangements to no avail. My UTX USA V2 works fine with ORBX PNW on FSX:SE. Thanks to anyone who knows...Steve
tbird8034
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2020 at 1:07am
Firstly, note that Ultimate Alaska X does not have an installer designed for use with FSX SE but saying that, as FSX SE behaves very much like normal FSX if normal FSX has never been installed on the system then in those cases it should install.

You will need to provide a lot more information on your issue before any further suggestions can be made i.e.:

- What is ORBX SA? Don't assume that everyone knows which product you are talking about e.g. is this South America? Is this a landclass product, vector scenery, something else?
- When you say you have tried many scenery priority arrangements, what are they? Have you followed the guidelines for scenery layering in the manual provide with the UTX product?

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
tbird8034 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbird8034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2020 at 9:45pm
Hi Jeff - Yes, I was referring to "Ultimate Alaska X". And I did have the boxed FSX and later added Acceleration to the original boxed FSX simulator. Finally, I switched to FSX:SE. These all went on the same machine.

Oh, ORBX SA is "ORBX Southern Alaska". ORBX is a very popular flight sim coding company. Their work is first rate.

Thanks for solving the puzzle Jeff.

Also, didn't we all install a "normal" version FSX. I've never seen an "abnormal" version of FXS?

Steve - GO HAWKS!
tbird8034
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic