SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UT FSXSE Installation Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderbolt44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UT FSXSE Installation Error
    Posted: September-11-2018 at 10:21am
I have a Jetline PC delivered in Dec 2017 with P3D4.2 installed.  I became very frustrated with P3D concerning failure to be able to install a number of addon programs.  The final straw was not being able to use Radar Contact.  I uninstalled P3D and installed FSXSE.  I have been been pleased with it as it has taken every program I have wanted to install including UTX USA v2.  Last week, I had Steam do what appears to have been a huge update which has caused me to have to reinstall a number of addons.  I ran the Steam file checker and it restored a large number of files.

I have done two Revo uninstalls of my UTX program.  FSX has never been installed on this PC. Steam  was downloaded.  Have used right click downloads and installs.  Both times I have gotten a notice telling me Scenery.CFG could not be located in C:\Users\mbnic\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-Scenery CFG; however, check shows it is there.  Although UT initially installs into a C drive Flight One Software folder, the final installation is in D/Steamapps
Common/ FSX/Flight One Software/UtUsafsx.  After opening my FSXSE Scenery Library, UT files are there.  After reading your topic with wbentel, Sep2016, Installation Issues, I have been totally confused.  I'm hoping there is an easier fix for this.  Appreciate the help, Mike Nicholson

quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2018 at 7:42pm
Need to start to try and work out what may/may not be happening by whether you can confirm that your Steam installs are done not to the default location (which would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam) but to somewhere you manually told the Steam installer to put them e.g. D:\Steam?

Next, if you start FSX-SE and look in its Scenery Library, if it shows UTX scenery layers, then it means that the entries have been written into the Scenery.cfg file which the sim is using i.e. as long as the actual folders these Scenery Library entries point to exist, then things should be OK.

While you say you ran the download and installers by right-clicking on them and selecting "Run as adminsitrator" are you also doing that when you run the UTX USA Setup Tool?

It should also be noted that the real Scenery.cfg file used by the sim is actually under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX" and not under AppData.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Thunderbolt44 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thunderbolt44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2018 at 9:42pm
Hi Jeff,

I was able to take care of it.  We can close this Topic out.  Thank you, Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic