SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgraded to OpusFSI v6 ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgraded to OpusFSI v6 ...
    Posted: March-07-2020 at 1:33am
I have been using this OpusFSI for awhile (2012). However with this last upgrade I cannot setup my cameras. I saved my old .CAMs they don't work anymore
  • My view now goes to 0.7
  • I cannot get the arrows to move my Camera Views
  • The arrows don't work in TrackIR Limits
All I want to do it copy over my old views  from v5 in my new install of v6.
I have checked my exe.xml and dll.xml and all the entries are in.

OpusFSI Flight Simulator Interface

Log Generated Saturday, March 7, 2020, 1:23 AM Hrs 

Installed Folder: XXX:\OPUSFSI_V6

FSICONFIG Sim Folder:XXX:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
FSICONFIG Sim Folder: OK
FSIGENCOM Initialise: OK
FSIGENCOM Validation: OK

Data Download ...
Data Download Initiated
Data Download Completed
Data Download Checked
Data Download Validated

Invoking DLL Checks ...

No DLL Errors Detected.

Licence Files:

OpusFSI v6 Licence : Friday, March 6, 2020

Installed Files:

P3DSERVER.EXE Version: 6.0.3.00  , Sunday, March 1, 2020, 8:59 AM Hrs 
FSDECODER.EXE Version: 6.0.3.00  , Sunday, March 1, 2020, 8:59 AM Hrs 
FSISYSTEM.DLL Version: 6.0.3.00  , Sunday, March 1, 2020, 8:59 AM Hrs 
OPUSFSI.DLL   Version: 6.0.3.00  , Sunday, March 1, 2020, 8:59 AM Hrs 
OPUS64.DLL    Version: Correct  , Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 7:35 AM Hrs 

Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2020 at 5:35am
Make sure you step through the Getting Started Guide for v6.

Before running P3Dv4.5 and P3DSERVER, run our PDKSETUP.EXE to initialise the OpusPDK Interface.

Then run P3DSERVER in Admin Mode (create shortcut) and set it up in Configure dialog.

Shutdown OpusFSI and copy your old CAM file into P3DSERVER.CAM.

Now run the sim and when started, run P3DSERVER.EXE. Check the Opus Spy window and make sure SimConnect and OpusPDK interfaces are connected and PDK is responding. It may help if you save a Default scenario in the sim with the VC view displayed.

If the PDK is responding whilst the sim is running then you should be able to edit your Live Camera views. With the PDK connected all view control is auctioned via the PDK so it will need to be connected and responding (Spy window).

Probably help if you keep the sim in windowed mode until all set up so you can see the opus Spy window. Alternatively enable the Spy window via our add on menu option.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2020 at 5:37am
I assume from the above you have installed OpusFSI in its default C:\OpusFSI_v6 root folder.

No need to XXX this info out. OpusFSI must be in a root folder.

Your symptoms suggest your OpusPDK Interface is not functioning as no eye point control is possible unless the PDK is responding.

So first, you must setup the PDK and get it responding.

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2020 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

I assume from the above you have installed OpusFSI in its default C:\OpusFSI_v6 root folder.

No need to XXX this info out. OpusFSI must be in a root folder.

Your symptoms suggest your OpusPDK Interface is not functioning as no eye point control is possible unless the PDK is responding.

So first, you must setup the PDK and get it responding.

Stephen

HI Stephen - Thanks for your help. OpusPDK is in a root folder and OpusPDK is running. I validated this via Opus Spy. 

GEN  General process monitoring has been enabled ...
 GEN  Licenced User Name : XXX
 GEN  Licenced FSI Order : XXX
 GEN  Device 1 : Mad Catz Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (Sim Joystick 1)
 GEN  Device 2 : SideWinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick (Sim Joystick 2)
 GEN  Device 3 : Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle (Sim Joystick 3)
 GEN  Screen Sizes : Primary 1920 x 1080, Virtual 3840 x 1080
 GEN  FSI Stations : 24519 Opus, 8876 MetStns, 6170 Sim MetStns
 GEN  Site Effects : 97 Opus, 0 User, 97 in Total
 APP  CURRENT AVAILABLE RELEASE VERSION 6.03.0
 APP  CURRENT AVAILABLE BETA VERSION 6.00.26
 FSU  Connected to FSUIPC Interface
 SIM  Connected to Flight Simulator
 SIM  Prepar3D Version 4.5.13.32097 SimConnect Version 4.5
 SIM  Air Folder = IRIS Raptor Driver
 SIM  1 Matching Camera VC/2D/External Views For Aircraft
 PDK  Connected to OpusPDK Interface (6.03.0)
 PDK  OpusPDK View Mode = Virtual Cockpit
 PDK  OpusPDK Responding OK
 SIM  Event: Open Spy Window
 SIM  Requesting Metar For GLOB

Also, you input device numbering sequence should mimic P3D and start from 0 versus 1

Here is what I have - so the ability to assign 0 should be given.

AutoAssignLetters=No
0=SideWinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick
0.GUID={FAF60B30-0916-11E9-8004-444553540000}
1=Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle
1.GUID={FAF60B30-0916-11E9-8008-444553540000}
2=Mad Catz Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
2.GUID={FAF60B30-0916-11E9-800B-444553540000}

I don't want to switch to Chaseplane but you real need to do better with creating YouTube videos for somethings - like how to CREATE VIEWS. The major reason people are switching from Opus is that some find it just so difficult to use - It's trying to do too much "Jack of all trade - master of none".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2020 at 4:31am
Have you recovered your v5 CAM file?

There’s a simple step-by-step guide to creating a VC view in the manual. I believe the instructions are less than a page long !

As for master of none, I definitely disagree. Our weather generation is more realistic, complex, and detailed (by a long long way) than any other weather engine on offer. As for Camera views we permit as much as can be done within the sim for creating views of various types, including observer and windowed views, on both single and networked multi systems, incorporating real-world DHM and fully integrating TrackIR.

In addition we provide a full SkyDemon / ForeFlight integration for RW pilots, weather relocation features etc..

Not bad I thought, and all for less than 30 bucks !

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2020 at 4:55am
in what ways (apart from YouTube videos) would you want Live Camera to be improved.

The only idea we have had is to allow a simple Shortcut key to be assigned (in addition to add on menu option), to display a graphic list of available views for your current selected aircraft and allow quick view selection or change using the mouse.

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2020 at 10:51am
Sorry Stephen! Had a bad day - no need to take it out on your product. My apologies.

OpusFSI is outstanding and I agree. I would have stayed with your weather engine if the stupid PFPX guys decided not to implemented it because it was the same source data as their own.

I have not be able to recover my v5 CAM file. All I need to do is drop my P3DSERVER.CAM file in my new install folder correct?

I created a new one, but I can't get the eyepoint to shift. I will reinstall again add see if that's the issue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2020 at 11:00am
yes as far as copying the CAM file. But the eye point movement is more important issue. In a VC view you should be able to adjust the eye point if no other camera or similar addon is active. Opus controls the eye point movement via the PDK which must be responding.

Do you have any other similar addon that is active. Have you tried selecting a standard sim aircraft. Does the view mode change on screen when selecting different view modes in Live Camera editing, etc..

Eye point control only works of course in cockpit and opus aircraft view modes. All others are limited to zoom level changes only.

Any problems you can email me your CAM file.

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2020 at 10:00pm
I don't have any other tracking addons - only OpusFSI for P3D and all my other games just use the integrated code (IL-2 and DCS). 

TrackIR game profile for still says OpusFSX, which has my correct profile.

I will try a reinstall. Igf that doesn't work, I will email my .CAM - I will give you an update tomorrow.

Thanks for the assistance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2020 at 4:51am
Do you have TrackIR ?

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2020 at 6:22pm
Yes I do
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2020 at 7:22pm
Stephen - what happned to the OpusAS.dll file?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2020 at 4:13am
Not in v6 at the moment. I will look into it, it may no longer be needed though.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2020 at 4:18am
I will re test with TrackIR and PDK enabled and report back.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2020 at 7:51am
I have found a problem using TrackIR and am working on the fix. This may take a little while as I'm incapacitated at the moment with back problems so can only work for short periods. In the meantime you could try opening the FSITRACKIR.EXE console program. In its display window you should see messages saying its initialised and connected to the PDK.

The FSITRACKIR program requires a healthy PDK connection to function in OpusFSI v6.

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2020 at 5:23am
Regarding the old OpusAS.dll, this library is no longer required in OpusFSI v6. All you need is to have FSUIPC installed.

I have corrected the problem I found with TrackIR. I am now testing its operation along with your supplied CAM file (emailed) before posting a new release.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2020 at 6:34am
I have posted a new release (6.04) and also emailed you  a CAM file with my mods.

Regards
Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2020 at 7:55pm
Hey Stephen! Thanks - I was moving. Big smile

I hope you back feels better.

---Just ran another test and no dice.
If there a way to clear all my views and start over? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2020 at 4:41am
Yes, just delete (or rename) your P3DSERVER.CAM file.
If you have a PDK connection problem you should also try either renaming the sims dll.xml file or download the latest beta (6.04.03) and run PDKSETUP.EXE using the 'Run as administrator' right-click option.

Stephen Smile
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 2:44pm
Rgr - downloding v6.05 now. I am determined to make this work Handshake
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 3:29pm
After a clean install and deleted the camera.cfg and customcamera.xml

Spy say this:

GEN  General process monitoring has been enabled ...
 GEN  Licenced User Name : xxxxxxxx
 GEN  Licenced FSI Order : xxxxxxx
 GEN  Device 1 : Mad Catz Pro Flight Rudder Pedals (Sim Joystick 1)
 GEN  Device 2 : SideWinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick (Sim Joystick 2)
 GEN  Device 3 : Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino Throttle (Sim Joystick 3)
 GEN  Screen Sizes : Primary 5120 x 1440, Virtual 5120 x 1440
 GEN  FSI Stations : 24519 Opus, 8876 MetStns, 6170 Sim MetStns
 GEN  Site Effects : 97 Opus, 0 User, 97 in Total
 APP  CURRENT AVAILABLE RELEASE VERSION 6.05.00
 APP  CURRENT AVAILABLE BETA VERSION 6.04.03
 FSU  Connected to FSUIPC Interface
 SIM  Connected to Flight Simulator
 SIM  Prepar3D Version 4.5.13.32097 SimConnect Version 4.5
 SIM  Air Folder = IRIS Raptor Driver
 SIM  0 Matching Camera VC/2D/External Views For Aircraft
 PDK  Connected to OpusPDK Interface (6.05.0)
 PDK  OpusPDK View Mode = Virtual Cockpit
 PDK  OpusPDK Responding OK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 3:35pm
Excellent. Did you run the new PDKSETUP.EXE, no need if it’s working ok now.

Thanks for the feedback.

Stephen Thumbs Up
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 3:50pm
I did run the new PDKSTEUP.EXE after installing P3DSERVER.EXE, which gave me an error - thus running SlimDX Runtime .NET 4.0 x64 fixed that issue.
However, I still have the same problem as before:

I cannot move my eye position to set views and trackir limits. So we are half way there Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 3:53pm
Have you tried disabling TrackIR and turning the TrackIR option off in the Opus Config.

The eye point will not move if TrackIR is connecting direct to the sim. So try the sim without TrackIR to isolate it.

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 4:14pm
OK I will give that a shot.

Question:

When I disable TrackIR and open Opus FSI Server and enable Live Camera and Live Camera Control but disable Enable TrackIR and Run TrackIR High Priority, I should be able to move my eye points, i.e set views - correct?

Umm did it? Ummm Yeah it did! Thumbs Up

So this means there is an issue with TrackIR? Cry Any trouble shooting tips?
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 5:31pm
OK! Happy to report back all is well with the world again!
I guess with the amount of changes that went in to creating a 64bit version, I needed to let OpusFSI and TrackIR shake hands again Big smile

In summary. I would say upon any re/new install.

Disable TrackIR (right click on icon in the Win App Tray and exit)
Open Opus FSI Server: 
Enable Live Camera and Live Camera Control
Disable Enable TrackIR and Run TrackIR High Priority
Run P3D and set at least 1 view with any default aircraft.
Close P3D
Enable TrackIR
Open Opus FSI Server:
Enable TrackIR and Run TrackIR High Priority
Run P3D and select the same default aircraft and test edited view(s)
Validate the views and Track limits work
Edit to your content

This procedure should be done only once. However, it seems it needs to be repeated with each new aircraft. I would think this is a bug yes?

My layman's guess is OpusFSI isn't temporarily disabling TrackIR when Camera Manager is active (via Open Camera Dialog ...) using the Add-ons menu bar. When I just shutdown TrackIR - I can edit my eye points.

You are still the man Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 11:23pm
Still having issues - My saved views are not getting picked up on startup.

TrackIR and OpusFSI isn't working well with this 64 bit version. I have my trackIR plugged into a 3.0 USB hub. This is a new setup as in the past it was a direct connection to one of my PC's onboard 2.0 USBs. 

I don't have an issue with IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles nor DCS and I didn't have an issue with v5. Since I have a paid version - can I still use it?

If so, I will not ask for a refund as I like to support small business.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 4:30am
Opus does NOT control TrackIR, it controls its own interface. Opus cannot stop and start TrackIR. I have NO control over TrackIR operation at all. If TrackIR decides to connect to the sim then there's nothing Opus can do to stop it and Opus will have NO control over the eye point at all. So make sure NO TrackIR dll or anything else is active to make sure TIR is not trying to control the eye point in the sim itself.

You must test without TrackIR running and with TrackIR disabled in OpusFSI.

OpusFSI also cares not for what aircraft you have selected.

Please test without TrackIR running at all. It doesn't work as you expect. Opus can only 'coordinate' its own and TIR eye point movements if TIR lets ir using the NP TIR SDK that they supply. Opus does not control TIR so it relies on TIR never trying to take control of the sims eye point itself.

The point of the test was to remove TrackIR altogether and just run the sim with Opus. No TrackIR nor any TrackIR DLL's or whatever else it has tried to install. TrackIR's influence must be eliminated completely and the TrackIR option in Opus MUST be disabled.

Then just test Opus with the sim. I doubt if this is an Opus issue at all since there are no reported problems with Live Camera and mine works 100% with TrackIR v5. So it could be your latest TIR software which is just causing problems.

Once again. Opus Live Camera will function perfectly with the sim but cannot function at all if any other software attempts to take control of the sim's eye point.

Stephen Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 4:43am
You may find your TrackIR is also trying to control the sim through its own PDK interface.

In which case, Opus Live Camera has no chance of working.

Check BOTH of your DLL.XML files, the one in ProgramData and the one in AppData. Is there any TrackIR related DLL launched ? If so remove it.

Best disable TrackIR in Opus. Never run TrackIR. Rename both DLL.XML files and run our PDKSETUP.EXE as described above. You will then be left with a basic Opus and P3D setup with the OpusPDK Interface enabled. All should work perfectly.

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 10:44am
Gotcha! Thank for your patience.

It works without TrackIR. So I guess there is something I did to change how TrackIR functions in P3D.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 11:42am
Yes, this is a TrackIR problem.

What version of TrackIR do you have, I have TrackIR 5. Make sure you check everywhere to see if TrackIR has created new manifest files. If using a new version on TrackIR you may need to ask their helpline to see what other checks are needed. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear they are using the PDK interface themselves on P3Dv4.5 but they always used to use SimConnect. I have no problems at all with TrackIR 5.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 12:08pm
 I’ll check what version of TrackIR I have installed and update it if necessary.

Usually any TrackIR update results in creating new manifest files so all possible locations would have to be checked to ensure no manifests would result in TrackIR connecting direct to the sim. Which of course would be disastrous and kill OpusFSI Live Camera.

Don’t forget to search all locations for any manifest files on your system. My guess is your TrackIR is simply connecting to the sim itself. If you can move the eye point with TrackIR without OpusFSI running then it’s connected to the sim.

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2020 at 8:11pm
This is just beyond me. like I said v5 and prior versions worked just fine and have used OpusFSI since OpusFSX days - 2012. Oh well - I'll give it again in a few weeks. Thanks for your help.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2020 at 3:56am
I have latest TrackIR v5. You must check for any new manifest files. If you have a newer TrackIR, not sure if there's a v6, then you should contact Natural Point and ask them. Tell them that TrackIR is always connecting and taking control of the P3D sim's eye point.

There is absolutely nothing any software can do to prevent TrackIR connecting to the P3D sim. This is only prevented in TrackIR v5 by renaming the TrackIR SimConnect Manifest files.

Live Camera cannot work, nor any other camera add on, when TrackIR connects direct to the sim.

If you can't find any manifest files then best contact Natural Point and ask them.

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2020 at 10:02pm
Hi Stephen - back at it. Sorry for the confusion. When I said I had  v5 vs V6, I was referring to OpusFSI versions. I have had the same TrackIR hardware for years (v5 ).

Anyway - there is an issue with P3D not seeing TrackIR like you said.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2020 at 3:04am
Understood. I also have the latest TrackIR v5 software. You should double check to make sure no NaturalPoint (TrackIR5) SimConnect manifest files exist. These files will be located in,

c:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5

I have renamed mine as follows,

simconnect_RENAMED.manifest
simconnectSP2_RENAMED.manifest

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2020 at 12:00pm
Still not dice!

Stephen  - Is there a reason why OpusPDK installs entries in both dll.xml (Appdata folder and ProgramData folder) instead of one verses the other?

I have tested TrackIR v5 works with P3Dv4.5 as a standalone.

I have enabled simconnect log to see P3D communicate with TrackIR with the .matefst files renamed as instructed and it's it's working. Only issue is I cannot pan the eyepoint with the OpusFSI Server - Camera Editing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2020 at 12:07pm
Yes, P3D has been known to read one and not the other in the past. So if that ever happens the OpusPDK is certain to run. P3D will only ever load one copy of any DLL, it’s not possible to do anything else.

The thing is TrackIR should NOT and NEVER work stand-alone with P3D. It should never even attempt to connect to the sim.

TrackIR must NEVER connect with SimConnect ... NEVER under any circumstances, as a stand-alone or with OpusFSI running.

The fact that it does means there’s something wrong in your setup.

As far as I know TrackIR will only connect if it finds a manifest file. Hence the need to rename or Even delete them.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2020 at 12:12pm
This has nothing to do with OpusFSI or the OpusPDK.

Your TrackIR should find it impossible to connect with SimConnect. You must find out why as there’s nothing I can do or any other camera addon for that matter.

Search for any manifest files anywhere. Try uninstalling TrackIR and Delete it’s install folders and AppData, Prog data etc. Then re install TrackIR and rename the manifests similar to mine.

Post or email me an image of your renamed manifests if you wish. Whatever you do you MUST configure your system so that it’s impossible for TrackIR to connect with SimConnect...

It simply must not be capable of working with the sim under any circumstances.

Stephen

P.S.

You should really be talking to Natural Point as TrackIR should never connect with the sim if it’s ever going to be able to operate with any addon.
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2020 at 7:50pm
Stephen - I am happy to report TrackIR and OpusFSI is working for me again. 

Note: After the reinstall (which solved the 1st issue)

Apparently, TrackIR wasn't running in "Admin Mode" at startup. Something so small causing so much headache! 

Thanks for all the help! This was definitely "USER ERROR"! Ouch

This is what I had to do to achieve this:

Use the Windows Task Scheduler to run apps without UAC prompts and admin rights:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic