SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgraded to OpusFSI v6 ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2020 at 5:05am
Thanks for the heads up, glad to hear you are up and running.

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2020 at 11:46pm
Hey Stephen - So I did some research because my initial post, I stated that the only change I made prior to reinstall was updating to Opus FSI v6. However, I also updated Active Sky P3Dv45.

Check out this finding I encountered during my reinstall process and subsequent post on forum:
---------------------------------------
Hey guys! Question:
  • The Simconnect.xml that is in the HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\SimConnectFiles has this encoding in its header: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
  • The Simconnect.xml that is in the Prepar3D v4 SDK\config\SimConnect has this encoding in its header: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
The issue here that I use OpusFSI for head-tracking (it's weather function is turned off) and it requires the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> version to work.

I run ASN P3DV4 in NETWORK mode and it doesn't connect with the sim unless I use the .xml file that is in the SimConnectFiles folder with the "Windows-1252" encoding. However - when I do use the provided .xml(i.e. the one with the "Windows-1252" encoding), I loose functionality of OpusFSI's TrackIR limits (which keeps my eye-point inside the defined space - i.e. the cockpit).

Can you please make use of the standard one P3D issued please?
-------------------------------------------

So it seems ASN broke my TrackIR communication with the sim.
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2020 at 2:14am
Thanks for the feedback.

Stephen
X_Man View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2020 at 2:15pm
To put this to bed, 

After editing the dll.xml, verify no changes were made to the header.

Long story short - It seems the encoding of the simconnect.xml and dll.xml files must be the same, in my case : UTF-8

OpusFSI (including eye tracking and TrackIR limits), P3D and AS4P3D (NETWORKED) are now all working!
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2020 at 2:36pm
Thanks X-Man, stay safe.

Regards
Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic