SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernando13e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade questions
    Posted: July-30-2020 at 6:40pm
Hello! Good evening, i recently registered to the forum and well i have some questions regarding your OpusFSI, about 4 months ago if i recall correctly i purchased a license for Opus FSI v5.44.1 which worked great with FSX, however, i migrated to P3D v3.4 and im having an annoying bug which i cant seem to solve by conventional means, when im flying and i switch to another window, say for example JeppView or Opera, OPUS automatically brings to the front P3D window, each time i switch to one window to another it makes the same thing, is there any special procedure to make this wonderful software work with P3D v3.4? I recall that it is compatible and actually when i checked my settings after i removed FSX it prompted me to look for P3D directory

On another note i saw recently that there is a new version of v5, the v5.44.2 do i need to purchase it or can i just download it to update my actual installation?

Thank you!
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2020 at 11:40pm
No need to purchase, the upgrade is free,

As for the other camera related problem, this is not a bug nor problem. You can only ever have one program in charge of your eye point as there’s only one eye point in the sim. If you want to use some other package to control your view then you must disable Live Camera and all OpusFSI General DHM. Disable both in the OpusFSI Config dialog.

Stephen
fernando13e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernando13e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

No need to purchase, the upgrade is free,

As for the other camera related problem, this is not a bug nor problem. You can only ever have one program in charge of your eye point as there’s only one eye point in the sim. If you want to use some other package to control your view then you must disable Live Camera and all OpusFSI General DHM. Disable both in the OpusFSI Config dialog.

Stephen

Hello Stephen thank you for your fast response, hmm well, i have live camera disabled at the moment, i know its simple to set them up but my system is pretty slow so never used it, however, the issue has more to do with the fact that if i switch to another app other than P3D, checking some ifr charts or reading stuff on opera browser P3D comes back up to the front, im sorry if i cant make myself understand, english isnt my native language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 1:02am
Hi,

If you disable Live Camera AND General DHM then OpusFSI will not be issuing any eye point controls at all. But what you are saying isounds more to do with focus. I cannot stop the sim from taking back focus. OpusFSI gives the sim back its focus after you complete some OpusFSI actions, button presses etc. But the rest is down to the sim.

Make sure you have disabled both live camera and general dhm.

If you are using live weather and have an OpusFSI weather report open then OpusFSI will be updating that window as you fly. In which case simply close the OpusFSI report and reopen after you’ve completed your action.

Note, in the report options you can control whether windows are displayed top most or not.

Depends where the focus is returning to. If it’s the sim main display then it could be the sim. That may depend whether you’ve told the sim to fly in full screen mode or windowed mode.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 1:26am
What makes you think it’s OpusFSI that is returning focus back to the sim?

Do you have an OpusFSI weather report open or the OpusFSI Spy window?

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernando13e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 1:32am
Thanks again for your fast response, mostly because when im doing a test flight in which i only use FSAirlines and IVAO i can switch to Opera browser and JeppView without P3D coming up, just as soon i start using OPUS it keeps putting on focus P3D window, just after a few times it calms down and lets me work with JeppView, im going to try using the options menu in OPUS reports and unticking the focus option you mentioned.

Will report back if that helped :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 1:40am
If you have OpusFSI weather report window or the Spy window open then you are not going to stop Windows returning Focus back to those windows whenever they are updated.

This is normal Windows operation. I would advise you close these dynamic and live windows whilst you look at your other apps. Alternatively move them over to another display or operate in windowed mode.

Both the OpusFSI weather reports and Spy windows are live windows. Spy may operate in the background but the weather report most likely needs Focus in order to update.

I will take a look this morning see what needs to capture focus

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 2:08am
I have just run up FSX with OpusFSI version 5.44.2.

Neither the OpusFSI Spy nor the OpusFSI weather report windows take back focus, in face I'm typing this whilst weather is being downloaded and updated.

However, updating a Sim Report window (in-sim menu) will return focus back to FSX, that's how Windows works as the in-sim OpusFSI weather report is a simulator menu and any time it is updated the sim MUST take back focus in order to select and update the child window.

So no bug. The cure would be as follows...

Open the OpusFSI Weather dialog.
Open the Weather Download Options dialog.
Select the OpusFSI Report option in the bottom RH corner of the dialog.

This will result in an OpusFSI Weather Report window being used as opposed to an in-sim child window.

Stay safe.

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 3:03am
 Also set the Spy and OpusFSI weather report windows to top most, ignore what I said before as it’s not these external windows that cause your problem.its only the in-sim report window, P3D takes back focus when it updates it at our request.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernando13e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 12:52pm
Thank you very much for all of your responses, will try them out and report back any results.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2020 at 12:56pm
Just my last two replies.

The Sim Weather Report requires OpusFSI to request FSX to display the text content. When it does it must grab focus (away from your apps) to display the requested text in its menu window.

Hence, you must set the OpusFSI Report option and also only use OpusFSI Weather Reports. OpusFSI can update these reports and its Spy window without grabbing focus away from other apps.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernando13e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2020 at 4:27pm
Hello Stephen, thank you for your support on the matter, i can confirm that by using opus reports the issue has gone away for now, and as for now ive done 4 successful flights without any issue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2020 at 4:31pm
You should be ok now. The sim will only take back focus, away from your other apps, if it needs to update child windows such as the menu window used for the in-sim opus weather reports.

So avoid using in-sim reports and stick to OpusFSI weather reports and all will be ok.

Stay safe.

Regards
Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic