SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Product Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updates from Garmin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lerche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updates from Garmin
    Posted: September-12-2018 at 12:17pm
Hello
Just purchased the Flight 1 GTN complete edition. I would like to purchase an upgrade of the navigation database directly from Garmin. How can I do this?

Thanks

Christian Lerche
Jim Rhoads View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Rhoads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2018 at 3:50pm
You cant.
lerche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lerche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2018 at 4:35pm
In this thread:
another user was told that he could update the navdata "but it would not be cheap", and that you were able to point him to the correct place?
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2018 at 7:28pm
He was talking about updating the existing GTN database. Not one from Garmin, is a commercial product for real pilots with real Garmin's and is expensive.
John Patterson
gjharrall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjharrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2018 at 10:10am
You cant because Garmin wont sell you the database SD card without a valid registered serial number for an actual unit. GTN/GNS etc.

No matter how much you want to pay unless you own the real thing you are out of luck. The best option is that F1 will support the new version of the trainer (2.5 I think) which has a newer database.
lerche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lerche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2018 at 1:45pm
Thank you for the replies. I do have an actual real-word Garmin GPSMAP 695. The updates are transferred to the unit via an SD-card after being downloaded from the Garmin website. Is it possible to copy the data from the SD-card into the GTN PC trainer?
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by lerche lerche wrote:

Thank you for the replies. I do have an actual real-word Garmin GPSMAP 695. The updates are transferred to the unit via an SD-card after being downloaded from the Garmin website. Is it possible to copy the data from the SD-card into the GTN PC trainer?

Yes, that has been done successfully for GNS owners, do not know about GPSMAP owners.. But worth a try!

Send me a PM with your email address for instructions.
Bert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic