SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > SkyDecks Panel Design
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unofficial 757-767 Preview...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unofficial 757-767 Preview...
    Posted: February-27-2009 at 3:28pm

Here's a couple preliminary screenshots for the 757/767 panel.  This is the widescreen effort.  Lot's of work to do yet...

Saving the world, one panel at a time.
AAfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2009 at 9:15pm

Kevin:

How is it coming along?

fanny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2009 at 8:37am

Hi Kevin,

looking great, will look fantastic on my 32inche screen,,,hope there will be lots of different sounds attached to the panel.......ok everybody is a critic so have to put in my 2 cents,,,the post on the left hand seems a bit wide and would block the view on a left turn approach,,,,,but will take it anyway,,,,have a good day.....

Fanny

Fanny
KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2009 at 7:11pm

Originally posted by fanny fanny wrote:

...the post on the left hand seems a bit wide and would block the view on a left turn approach...

That post is pretty close to actual size in relation to the panel.  I even narrowed it a touch.

As for "how's it going"... that's another story.  A funny thing has happened in the time that I decided to do this project.  I've learned that there is a need to adapt to newer monitor dimensions.  Computer monitors have been ever changing and the need for "HD" content continues to expand.  Where my original idea was to create the panel for 16:10 and 4:3 monitors only, there is now a solid market for those who have HDTV's as computer monitors.  Fanny reinforces this need when mentioning a new 32" screen she now owns!

I originally started the panel in the aspect ratio of 1440 x 900 with the idea of scaling that down for 4:3 monitor support.  Now however, the 1080 and 720 "HD" format screens are becoming more prevalent... thus requiring the need for true 16:9 support as well.  So now there's 3 aspect ratios to design for: 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3.

Not only this, but the current background image needs to be scaled up for 1080 screen sizes.  Because the older background is in a much lower resolution from these new formats, it now requires that I design a new background system which I can scale to the immense size of 1920 x 1080.

Luckily, the gauges that I've designed for this project thus far, were created in a vastly large size that can be scaled down to whatever size is needed.  It will just be a matter of creating the new image and making the necessary adjustments to the panel.cfg files.

In the meantime, I have a slightly lesser project in the works... call it a "tester" for the widescreen formats that I'll need to create from now on.  This way I can adapt to whatever feedback support comes in and I can make certain this will come off without hitch.

Sorry for the lengthy reply... but now you know what the delay has been, not to mention the real world "time eaters" that happen on a daily basis.

AAfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 5:23pm

Kevin:

Thats okay Wink  since I got the 2 for 1 package for sure going to buy this one when it comes out, looking great, I also he a 24'' 1680 x 1050 so yes widescreen would be a plus

Ryan Smile

duckbilled View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckbilled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 6:10pm
Hello Kevin,

I am glad that the panel is planned to be compatible with FSX. I have your 737 and CRJ panels and used them regularly in FS9. I have recently switched to FSX.

Beyond the resolution and gauge issues, FSX presents one problem for your panels. As I am sure you are aware, FSX does not allow 2d internal cockpit side views. Without the 2d side views, I feel that using the 2d cockpits is very unrealistic in FSX. VC's are the only option for immersion.

The next best 757 coming along is going to the the Quality Wings payware package. If you provided a way to replace their gauges in the vc with yours, I'm confident I would by your 757 panel. The same goes for a FSX upgrade of the 737 panel. If I could find a way to replace the gauges in POSKY's 737 vc, I would buy the upgrade.

Thanks,
Jeff
USN O6 View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2009 at 8:53pm

Kevin,

Could you update the links to the photos?

Jim Harnes

KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 11:20am
Thanks for pointing that out Jim. My hosting company changed ownership recently and in the process of importing to new servers, I must have moved them to another folder. I'll look for them.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic