SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > FSHud - Air Traffic Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Understanding FSHud–Air Traffic Control Traffic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Understanding FSHud–Air Traffic Control Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Understanding FSHud–Air Traffic Control Traffic
    Posted: April-22-2022 at 1:55pm
Hi,

We are making this post to help describe how FSHud traffic works.

Initially, we only focused on the CORE BGL traffic in P3D. This is something everyone had in every installation. Now that we have released FSHud to the public, we are now getting reports of the different BGL formats used, such as with AIG, and where AFCADs may apply. Thanks for your reports, and we are CURRENTLY working to add better compatibility with other traffic formats… ultimately working to a goal of a universal format that will offer the best traffic solution.

In regards to needing to have FSHud control all aspects of traffic, and why what you see in P3D does not match what you previously saw in the simulator when FSHud was not controlling the traffic:

It is critical FSHud is the engine behind traffic. Why? Because every aircraft must be flown, with proper separations, and proper routes, just as in the real world. FSHud controls every aircraft. If it didn't, the skies would not reflect a realistic air space to the level that FSHud requires. To make an aircraft viable for FSHud traffic, it needs a list of valid parameters. This includes proper parking availability, available runways for the aircraft type (you would not land a 737 on a 2000 ft. runway), proper departure times with appropriate separation for the number of runways in operation, and many other factors. If there is a reason FSHud cannot make use of the information, the flight cannot be used. It involves a highly complex set of calculations and tables.

How FSHud determines all these parameters is being adjusted based on user feedback, and based on our study of the traffic BGL’s we have been looking at. We now see methods to add more traffic to make it much closer to what you were accustomed to (without inappropriately relaxing the calculation standards applied). But there is an important rule that must be followed:

Because a flight is listed in a BGL, that does not mean it can always be used.

In summary... It is not as simple as what we have been used to for so many years. The entire scope of how AI traffic works needs to be looked at in a different way. All the traffic in FSHud must make sense from an ATC point of view. In the past you could populate an airport with so many aircraft, and it would look great, but that does not mean they could all be sequenced and spaced according to real world standards. FSHud looks at the ATC component first. If you see an aircraft in FSHud, you know it is part of the system that also affects your aircraft.

So please do not focus solely on traffic. Please take your full FSHud flight and follow ATC exactly according to their instructions. This is where the fun is! And know we are working on updating the traffic system often, and also publishing information and updates that will allow users to have more AI flights in their simulator. And the more flights that get added, the more realistic the entire experience will become.

Steve

pensiorailman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pensiorailman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2022 at 7:50am
Na opstarten Prepar3d V5 blijkt dat in options de traffic is verlaagd naar 0. Hierdoor is Global Traffic uitgeschakeld. wordt eenzaam in het leven en de ruimte. geniet van de FSHud-vlucht.
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2022 at 9:31am
Please follow the list of fixed items in the top of this forum. They are working on traffic, especially 3rd party traffic. When additional traffic is added, you will see it posted there!
Steve

hjmx View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2022 at 2:33am
I've made several flights and I see always the same problem:

Departure airport: around 25-30 ai a/c but when arriving at destination airport there are only around 5 a/c. It would be interesting what causes this discrepancy? Is it that FSHud does not have enough time to do the necessary calculations at the arrival?

I may suggest the following to get more reliable data for investigation of the problem. If possible I can do a flight from let's say from KSFO to KSFO which needs about one hour. Before reaching TOD, I set sim time back one hour and continue then. With this test flight I should see the same amount of a/c as I have seen when I left?

Would it make sens to do such attest under "ticket" recording?

FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2022 at 6:29am
Originally posted by hjmx hjmx wrote:

I've made several flights and I see always the same problem:

Departure airport: around 25-30 ai a/c but when arriving at destination airport there are only around 5 a/c. It would be interesting what causes this discrepancy? Is it that FSHud does not have enough time to do the necessary calculations at the arrival?

I may suggest the following to get more reliable data for investigation of the problem. If possible I can do a flight from let's say from KSFO to KSFO which needs about one hour. Before reaching TOD, I set sim time back one hour and continue then. With this test flight I should see the same amount of a/c as I have seen when I left?

Would it make sens to do such attest under "ticket" recording?

We are planning to add traffic migration several dashboards that will provide more details about similar issues - this could provide all of us more understanding of the problem (if it is AI traffic incorrect schedules) or application migration engine is not optimized. Because generally speaking - following problem can be because of multiple reasons
Thank You,

FSHud Team
disco79stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disco79stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 4:27am
So what actually happens if I have AIG installed and the default AI traffic removed?

FSHudATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSHudATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2022 at 8:18am
Originally posted by disco79stu disco79stu wrote:

So what actually happens if I have AIG installed and the default AI traffic removed?

The application doesn't remove any of traffic - if your AIG Installed traffic is in BGL format - the application will use this traffic - migrate and inject accordingly.
If it is not in BGL format - the application will not see this traffic and while you are using the application - the sky would be empty.
Thank You,

FSHud Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic