SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ultimate Terrain USA 2.0 Almost Ready For Release
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ultimate Terrain USA 2.0 Almost Ready For Release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultimate Terrain USA 2.0 Almost Ready For Release
    Posted: November-06-2014 at 11:00pm
Ultimate Terrain USA 2.0 Almost Ready For Release

Scenery Solutions and Flight 1 Software are very close to the release of the first major Ultimate Terrain upgrade in years.

Among other updates, Ultimate Terrain USA 2.0 provides completely replaced road data for the entire USA, based on TomTomís commercial data, which is normally found in todayís GPS units.  This major upgrade also provides brand new autogen lighting that is completely configurable, allowing users to tweak their night environment to meet their own personal desires using our new custom interface.  Ultimate Terrain is well known over the years for its configurability and the new night lighting interface adds to that standard.

Ultimate Terrain USA 2.0 will be available for all users at a new price point of $29.95, which includes duel licenses for both  FSX and Prepar3D versions.   Existing "Ultimate Terrain X Ė USA" users can purchase the product for FSX at a discounted price of $14.95.    Ultimate Terrain USA is the original vector-based terrain product available for FS9/FSX, with over 8 years of enhancement patches released to provide the cleanest solution on the market.

A product is only as good as its source data.    Ultimate Terrain is the only vector-based product currently using commercial-grade data licensed from GPS data providers like TomTom, Navteq and DMTI-Spatial.     If itís in your GPS, itís in Ultimate Terrain.

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2014 at 11:06pm
Some screenshots of the new autogen lighting and interface.   These were just taken tonight quickly in San Francisco and New York.  So, they may not be the best.  Note the ground lighting effect in the screenshots.   But, these lights are very, very configurable.

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2014 at 11:09pm
Shots of the interface for the lighting.   You can assign one of 4 different light slots to any UTX road type.

using the same interface, you can also configure each of the 4 light slots to your liking:

Alternate autogen object libraries are available for different effects.

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2014 at 11:13pm
This product will not be out this weekend.  But, we are shooting for the coming week.   
Oh yes, two screenshots from Prepar3D to let you know that Ultimate Terrain is finally coming out for Prepar3D.

Allen

ronhamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronhamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 12:00am
will it work with FTX Global and Vector?
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 7:54am
UTX, like any other vector scenery, can work in conjunction with other vector scenery. What is seen in FSX is dependant on layering on the scenery products in the FSX scenery library. In general you place more geographically specific scenery (like cities, regions, countries) above less geographically specific scenery (like global). You would however also look to place scenery which is based on more geographically accurate source data above those using less accurate source data.

As Allen noted in the initial post in this thread.

A product is only as good as its source data.    Ultimate Terrain is the only vector-based product currently using commercial-grade data licensed from GPS data providers like TomTom, Navteq and DMTI-Spatial.     If itís in your GPS, itís in Ultimate Terrain.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Airvette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Airvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 9:37am
Hello, I have a new high-end system on order, will be here next week.
I have the licenses for all your UTX files with the keys.
My question is this, should I go ahead and install all the UTX's next week or should I just wait till you release this new version. I'm willing to pay for it outright if I don't have to go through all that upgrade sequence on the current products.

Also, should I wait to install GEX until after I install the new UTX?

Thanks.

Paul
vince carlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vince carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 10:31am
This is AWESOME news !!  I have sorely missed my UTX since switching to Prepar3D last year. As much as I have enjoyed FTX Global  Thumbs Up  ,  I  have been "less than thrilled" with Vector Disapprove

I assume I can overlay Vector in the USA with UTX v2.0 which will be fantastic !  The product looks great .  Thanks so much Allen and Scenery Solutions  Clap
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by ronhamilton ronhamilton wrote:

will it work with FTX Global and Vector?

Yes, it will work just fine with FTX Global Base.   FTX Global Base provides a landclass texture upgrade, similar in functionality to Flight 1's GEX (Ground Environment X).

FTX Vector (not FTX Global Base) and UTX perform the same basic functionality.     However, they are based on different source data (Vector is based on public OSM data and UTX is based on commercially licensed data).   If you want to use FTX Vector outside of the areas covered by UTX, you should just be able to put UTX above FTX in the scenery library.   UTX Exclusions will take out any vector product layered beneath it for the areas that are covered by UTX.

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by vince carlo vince carlo wrote:

This is AWESOME news !!  I have sorely missed my UTX since switching to Prepar3D last year. As much as I have enjoyed FTX Global  Thumbs Up  ,  I  have been "less than thrilled" with Vector Disapprove

I assume I can overlay Vector in the USA with UTX v2.0 which will be fantastic !  The product looks great .  Thanks so much Allen and Scenery Solutions  Clap

Yes, I would assume the layering would take care of things.   The exclusions in UTX will take care of any vector features layered beneath it, whether it is the default FSX/P3D vector features or a 3rd party product.
Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Airvette Airvette wrote:

My question is this, should I go ahead and install all the UTX's next week or should I just wait till you release this new version. I'm willing to pay for it outright if I don't have to go through all that upgrade sequence on the current products.

Thanks.

Paul

Paul,

I don't think it matters either way.  Uninstalling and installing a UTX region is not a big task unless you have to apply a lot of patches to the older versions of UTX.   

Also, the new lighting that is provided by UTX USA V2.0 will automatically work with V1.x in all the other UTX regions (i.e. Canada, Tropics, Alaska and Europe).   The autogen lighting installs as a separate product that is compatible with all versions of UTX.

Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronhamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 11:26am
Are you guys working on Canada?
vince carlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vince carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

Yes, I would assume the layering would take care of things.   The exclusions in UTX will take care of any vector features layered beneath it, whether it is the default FSX/P3D vector features or a 3rd party product.
Thanks so much -  this will be instant buy on release day Wink  -- Gotta ask one question - what are 4D lights ?  Is this something new ??
Vince
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 11:46am

Are you guys working on Canada?

Yes and no.   Unfortunately, sales in Canada are just too low to allow us to license updated road data again. However, we will be creating a P3D version of the existing Canada product, with some enhancements/fixes and include the new lighting for those that just have Canada.     The same will be true for the Alaska and Tropics product.   The Tropics product is too new anyway and there is not really an upgrade available for the roads.

All UTX products will be made available for Prepar3D.

We do plan on releasing a new version of UTX Europe V2.0 with new road data in about 2 to 3 months.    Replacing all the roads and bridges with the newly updated commercial data is a time consuming process, because we have to hand check that no roads are in the water and the bridges have to all be QC'd and edited by hand (tens of thousands of them).

Cheers.
Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 11:56am

Thanks so much -  this will be instant buy on release day Wink  -- Gotta ask one question - what are 4D lights ?  Is this something new ??
Vnice

We used the term 4D lights because there was nothing better to describe them technically.

Because there are so many lights visible at once, cutting down on the number of vertices/triangles for each light object can help performance.

Each 3D light (corona portion) is created using 2 intersecting, perpendicular planes along the X and Z axis.    The 4D lights add an intersecting horizontal plane.

IMO, the 4D lights don't add a lot visually.   The only real difference is that if you were to look straight down at a light that is 3D, it would appear to almost disappear.    If you look straight down on a 4D light, it would appear the same as looking at it from the side.

We have found that unless you are really trying to look at a light straight down, you won't really see any difference between the 3D lights and the 4D lights.     So, the extra intersecting plane is just overkill and unnecessary.    But, there are always differences of opinion which is why we give the 4D option.

Allen

Airvette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 12:27pm

Originally posted by Airvette Airvette wrote:

Thanks.

Paul

Paul,

I don't think it matters either way. †Uninstalling and installing a UTX region is not a big task unless you have to apply a lot of patches to the older versions of UTX. ††

Also, the new lighting that is provided by UTX USA V2.0 will automatically work with V1.x in all the other UTX regions (i.e. Canada, Tropics, Alaska and Europe). † The autogen lighting installs as a separate product that is compatible with all versions of UTX.

†† †

†† † †

I don't follow. If I install all the UTX regions and patch them all up (is that still the latest routine, patching them up?), will I have to uninstall the older UTX regions and then install the new version?
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 2:23pm
Yes, to go from a v1 UTX product to the v2 version will require you to uninstall the v1 version and then install the new version.

Jeff

ryanbATC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanbATC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 4:45pm
This sounds great for me - I'm a snobby USA only flyer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronhamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 5:06pm
so will the updated version of UTX Canada be for FSX too or P3d? I'll take any updates i can
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 5:13pm

so will the updated version of UTX Canada be for FSX too or P3d? I'll take any updates i can

Both.
Allen

DJJOSE View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJJOSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 5:58pm
Allen,

There are several reasons why I do not have UTX v1 installed on my system:

1) The additional roads add additional cars that cause poor performance. I have to disable cars to get good performance. In other words, performance did not increase when I decreased the car slider.
2) Some coastlines where not working perfectly with FTXG.

I will be happy to upgrade if I can enable cars without a significant drop in fps and if roads & coastlines are fully compatible with FTXG.
I'm sure that the UTX light can be disabled.

Thanks.
Jose
New Member since 2003
gjharrall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjharrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2014 at 7:32pm
Errrrr.... You can disable the additional traffic in the utx configurator program
DonB312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonB312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2014 at 3:05pm
This is wonderful news Allan! I've been waiting for this since I switched to Prepar3D a few months ago. Big smile 
hesynergy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hesynergy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2014 at 3:30pm
That is sooooooof**king cooool!!....hopefully it is an improvement over the previous version which I've been flying it http://youtu.be/82LeMcBGOFo ever since it came out.

I can't wait!

Chas
Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2014 at 3:33pm
Great stuff, damn the torpedoes.  I'm already in virtual line.  Good news indeed.

Clayton
Win 10x64-256GB 840Pro | P3Dv3.4-512GB 850Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i | 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34-2N
GTX1070 Quicksilver 378.78
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by DJJOSE DJJOSE wrote:

Allen,

There are several reasons why I do not have UTX v1 installed on my system:

1) The additional roads add additional cars that cause poor performance. I have to disable cars to get good performance. In other words, performance did not increase when I decreased the car slider.
2) Some coastlines where not working perfectly with FTXG.

I will be happy to upgrade if I can enable cars without a significant drop in fps and if roads & coastlines are fully compatible with FTXG.
I'm sure that the UTX light can be disabled.

Thanks.
Jose
New Member since 2003

Hmm.  The comment regarding the traffic is different.   The only UTX features that measurably impact frame rates are the bridge objects, lights and traffic.   The traffic % slider in FSX should indeed have a huge impact on traffic.    With that said, you can completely disable the UTX traffic features in the interface if you prefer.

I am not sure if you are talking about just FTX Global Base or the FTX Global Vector product.
FTX Global Base should not impact UTX roads and coastlines at all because it just replaces landclass textures, similar to GEX.  I have FTX Global Base installed and don't see any issues.   I will note that I do not have a copy of FTX Global Vector installed.   But, if you have the FTX Global Vector product installed to cover regions outside of the UTX areas, there should not be a problem if UTX products are layered above FTX Global Vector in the FSX scenery library.   There is no virtually no difference between excluding the base FSX vector features and vector features associated with another product in the FSX scenery library.

Yes, the new lighting can be disabled quickly if you choose.
Allen

mobsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2014 at 8:11pm
Thanks for the update, but why use the same night lights that everybody is using now(ftx, aerosoft...), UTX night lights is unique and looks more realistic, also combining it with other addons, scenery or night light like aerosoft's makes it even look better!

I guess we don't have the option to enable it with v2 because we have to uninstall v1 first, but what does it mean that it works with v1 for other regions? will I have the option to install this new light in europe for example but with loosing v1 original night light?

Thanks
Mobarak
2600K@4.8Ghz, 8GB 7-8-8-24-1, EVGA GTX580SC, 480GB SSD for FSX
bgoldsmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgoldsmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 10:24am
I've tried other scenery updates (ORBX) before finding out about your UTX. I have been disappointed with the graphics quality at less than about 2000 ft. AGL including losing depth outside of the airport environment. In the original FSX scenery, there are buildings and trees etc. (i.e. 3D structures as opposed to flat graphical representations. Will UTX 2.0 (or even UTX 1.0) have the same effects or be more like the original FSX, but just updated for geographical changes (i.e. roads etc.)

BrianG
wa3pnt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wa3pnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 12:01pm
As I've mentioned in other forums, I was running UTX/GEX and happy.  Then I bought into all the hype about FS Global and Vector and purchased those products along with their recommended LC.

All I can say is YUK!  Flat buildings, and lost a ton of detail compared to UTX/GEX.  An expensive lesson learned.

With UTX/GEX many of the buildings in my local flying area are very realistic.  Churches have steeples, Dity Halls look like a capital building, etc.  And in the urban areas the buildings all have height.  With Global/Vector everything was FLAT!

Posted examples on the ORBX support forum, but never received an answer as to why, or how to fix the issue.

So, I'm in the virtual line for the latest release of USA, and I'll stay with UTX/GEX.

RodeoGeorge

RodeoGeorge
bgoldsmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgoldsmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 12:04pm
Sounds great. I will wait also. How long ago did the current UTX version launch and is there a date for UTX 2.0?
BrianG
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by mobsky mobsky wrote:

Thanks for the update, but why use the same night lights that everybody is using now(ftx, aerosoft...), UTX night lights is unique and looks more realistic, also combining it with other addons, scenery or night light like aerosoft's makes it even look better!

I guess we don't have the option to enable it with v2 because we have to uninstall v1 first, but what does it mean that it works with v1 for other regions? will I have the option to install this new light in europe for example but with loosing v1 original night light?

Thanks
Mobarak

To be honest, somebody on our staff mentioned supporting the older lights also.   However, the new lights offer a ton of configurability and customization.   Because they are autogen objects, the installation size for the lights is much smaller.  With that being said, I will look at what we can do to provide the old lights as an option.   We night even consider just offering them as a free download that is supported by the UTX V2.0 interface.    

There is something else that I need to mention.    Autogen lights have a small footprint and are efficient.   However, because autogen lights require vector autogen roads, they cannot be used for things like photoscenery.    So, in a few weeks we are also going to be releasing a new product line called Xtreme Lighting USA.   This product will cover the entire USA with custom light objects, not autogen objects.     It will be created specifically for photo-scenery users and 3rd party products that use custom terrain textures instead of vector terrain.

Why are we creating the Xtreme Lighting product separately ?    We are doing this because the download size is about 2gb alone and the installation for Xtreme Lighting is over 10gb.
Non-photoscenery users do not need custom lighting (each light is a custom object) and the autogen lighting works great for UTX.   The Xtreme Lighting product will be a low-cost addon.   And, it will use the technology we created for Xtreme Cities which makes it very frame rate friendly, similar to autogen efficiency.

We will have more regarding Xtreme Lighting later on.   But, for UTX users, the autogen lighting works great and has the advantage of being very configurable because of the small footprint.

I will look at options for supporting the old lighting.   I just think that there will be very few users that will still prefer it.   But, if even a small percentage of users want the old lighting, then we don't want to take anything away that our users already had in older versions.

Cheers.
Allen

wa3pnt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wa3pnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 12:56pm

There is something else that I need to mention.    Autogen lights have a small footprint and are efficient.   However, because autogen lights require vector autogen roads, they cannot be used for things like photoscenery.    So, in a few weeks we are also going to be releasing a new product line called Xtreme Lighting USA.   This product will cover the entire USA with custom light objects, not autogen objects.     It will be created specifically for photo-scenery users and 3rd party products that use custom terrain textures instead of vector terrain.

Cheers.

You guys are spot on!!!!!   I use megascenery Arizona since most of my flying is low level VFR in Arizona.

This will be a GREAT addition to the suite of Flight products.

Thanks for the heads up.

RodeoGeorge

RodeoGeorge
jordanal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 4:57pm
Looking forward to this...

Question - In addition to uninstalling UTX USA v1 before installing v2, will we have to temporarily uninstall any/all of the other UTX products to accommodate this upgrade? Will all the UTX library layering, including custom landclass sandwiches, be restored with v2?

What about GEX - are you coordinating any kind simultaneous GEX USA update? Should we disable GEX USA before uninstalling UTX v1?
Al Jordan

FSX Rig: i7 2600k, 4.8GHz / Asus P8Z68-V Pro / Mushkin DDR3-1600 8GB / EVGA GTX 570 GPU / TX850 PSU / Graphite 600T Case
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2014 at 7:42am
Yes, you will need to uninstall UTX USA v1 before installing UTX USA v2.

There is an option in the UTX USA v1 uninstaller which allows you to keep the UTX entries which are currently in your FSX Terrain.cfg and Scenery.cfg files to remain instead of removing them. If you choose this option your custom landclass sandwiches should remain. There will however be one small issue left which would need cleaning up manually. UTX USA v1 has a UT USA Lighting scenery layer which is no longer used in v2. It would need to be manually deleted from the FSX Scenery Library or else you will get warnings about missing scenery folders when you start FSX.

Scenery Solutions does not develop GEX so we are not currently aware if they will be making any update at the same time. I do not see any reason why you would need to disable GEX USA before uninstalling UTX v1.

Jeff

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2014 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by wa3pnt wa3pnt wrote:

Cheers.

You guys are spot on!!!!!   I use megascenery Arizona since most of my flying is low level VFR in Arizona.

This will be a GREAT addition to the suite of Flight products.

Thanks for the heads up.

RodeoGeorge

Thanks.  We are going to be partnering up somewhat with the Megascenery developers regarding both Xtreme Cities and Xtreme Lighting, because these products really enhance photoscenery.
Allen

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2014 at 8:26pm
So,if I upgrade to v2.0 ,and uninstall v1.0+ and all upgrades then when I need to do a complete reinstall at some future date all I have to do is install V2.0.Right?That alone will make the upgrade worth it to me.Thanks,Ron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronhamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2014 at 9:35pm
can we see screenshots with FTX Global do you guys have a copy of that?
wa3pnt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wa3pnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2014 at 10:03pm
Here are some examples that I have of the difference between UTX and FSX.

This is a Casino/Hotel located on a hill near Prescott

This is the County Seat in downtown Prescott

This is a very large church complex that often uses tents for revivals (Note the UTX tents).

The UTX/GEX is on the left, and  FSX Global/Vector is on the right.  In both instances I have Megascenery Arizona loaded.

RodeoGeorge

RodeoGeorge
flyingpogo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingpogo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2014 at 4:39pm
I'm looking forward to UTX2! I'm curious if you know the timeframe when it will be released? I know you said you are shooting for this week.

Thanks
Brian
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by rpowers46 rpowers46 wrote:

So,if I upgrade to v2.0 ,and uninstall v1.0+ and all upgrades then when I need to do a complete reinstall at some future date all I have to do is install V2.0.Right?That alone will make the upgrade worth it to me.Thanks,Ron

Yes.   This is true. 
Allen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic