SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FS Panel/Sound Studio Forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Two Questions Re: FSPS...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4gix1303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Questions Re: FSPS...
    Posted: December-08-2011 at 2:43pm

I have three questions, but first would like to thank Ed for providing lifetime updates to the program. Having bought a license for FSPS back when FS2002 was "au courant," I most certainly have gotten my money's worth! Also, I long ago lost count of the number of times I've recommended FSPS as an essential tool for anyone who wishes to do any panel mods at all... Star

The questions I have though are:
  1. Does Ed S. ever read this forum? I've not seen much -if any- in the way of direct support replies.
  2. Will Ed S. ever introduce support for anything other than 4:3 ratio panels? Since 4:3 ratio monitors are nearly extinct (no new ones have been available for years now), it's surely past time to support 16:10 and/or 16:9 screen resolutions. Yes, I am able to make tedious manual adjustments for popup gauges (reducing the "width" to compensate for the "horizontal stretching," but I should have to do this.
  3. Will the time ever come where FSPS will be able to create new [VCockpitnn] entries? Again, it is possible to create the new entries manually before loading the revised panel.cfg file into FSPS, but as the case above, I shouldn't have to do so.
Bill Leaming
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
Flightsim Rig:Intel® Core™ i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
mavrocket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavrocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2011 at 4:05pm
Bill,

Last I've seen Ed was when he posted a couple of times to my question regarding OOM errors with RXP Gauges here:

Unfortunately that was in May. I was hoping for a new version or more information that addressed the issue but haven't seen hide nor hear of him lately...
n4gix1303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4gix1303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2011 at 1:19pm
That's a real shame. Apparently Ed is at a par with Jean-Luc from RXP, since neither one seems the least bit interested in providing support for their product(s).
Bill Leaming
Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
Flightsim Rig:Intel® Core™ i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic