SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Product Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trojanhorse on flight1 GTN 750 Gps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trojanhorse on flight1 GTN 750 Gps
    Posted: July-20-2015 at 5:37am
hej i have a trojanhorse on my GTN 750 DLL file, and if i remove it i can't use my Flight1 GTN 750 gps What can do with this problem ? i need helpAngry
Tiberiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiberiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2015 at 6:09am
Hello,

The F1 GTN product does not include any trojans or viruses. These alerts are false positives. Flight1 will never distribute any software that contains trojans/viruses/malware.

You need to exclude two files from scanning:
F1GTN.dll gtnInterface.dll located within FSX(P3D)\gauges

Here is a link with instructions:
http://www.flight1software.com/gtnhelp/errorcode10.html
fppilot View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fppilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2015 at 8:13am
You may wish to read through this other thread as well as it has a good deal of relevant information. I believe the clearing process for the gtninterface.dll file will clear it for all AV programs. If the F1GTN.dll file is also an issue for some AV programs I would hope and expect that the staff here will process it through the clearing process, as that should accomplish a universal clearing.
CitMusJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CitMusJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by fppilot fppilot wrote:

You may wish to read through this other thread as well as it has a good deal of relevant information. I believe the clearing process for the gtninterface.dll file will clear it for all AV programs. If the F1GTN.dll file is also an issue for some AV programs I would hope and expect that the staff here will process it through the clearing process, as that should accomplish a universal clearing.

Some years later, now 2018, the problem still exists. In my case it is the file 'F1gtn.dll' residing  inside my P3Dv4.2 installation. BTW I've installed latest F1-SW for this '650/750 complete' package.
I called the AV-SW developer and they stated it's no 'false positive'. So what should I do now? Rather frustrating. I might cancel the AV-SW partnership and change to another one? Continued Disabling of my firewall and AV-SW permanently is no deal for me! It's only an option for installing. I have no option the exclude this file (f1gtn.dll) from scans, no whitelist configurable.

The link you mention does also not work properly anymore due to missing/obsolete 'certificates' as my browser reported.

Can someone from F1 please state again for this file (F1gtn.dll) in particular to be absolutly clean?

Thanks in advance for any investigations into this!
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2018 at 3:27pm
It is not a problem, it is a false positive.

Flight1 has reported this issue to the security software firms (including Microsoft) many times going back years and none of the security software companies comply.

If you are not a major player in the industry (ie; Adobe Software) they don't care.

It has been going on for years on end and all we can do is advise users to make sure to set EXCLUSIONS in their AV/malware scanners as shown here for GEX/GEP3D: https://www.simforums.com/FORUMS/av-settings-delete-the-gex-and-gep3d-interface_topic49654.html

As for the link above, its not a good link which is why the error and certificate page comes up. This is the correct link: https://www.simforums.com/forums/flight-1-gtn-error-code-10_topic53033.html
CitMusJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CitMusJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2018 at 3:45am
Thanks a lot for your appreciated support, NickN !
Your hints were more than useful. Now I'm able to proceed in convenient manner.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic