SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Enhancement Package #1 Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enhancement Package #1 Issues
    Posted: November-02-2004 at 5:55pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your feedback today.

I ran some tests today, and have some information for you.

The "No Roads Cross Water" option does not seem to work (mostly) with "USA Roads - Major Roads Only" selected.

However, it does seem to work nearly all the time when the installed data set is "USA Roads - All Road Types".  I did find a few exceptions that I cannot explain right now (area N.E. of SFO, a bridge or two near STL, a part of miami, a part of houston). 

As you know, there are over 5,000 BGL files for each data set (all roads and major only).  Some of the problems I could easily spot, because the BGL files were not updated with the current date/time after modifying them.

Other than that, It is just about impossible for me to visually test the files.  So, if you spot these areas, please let me know in this thread. 

However, please make sure that you have selected the "All Road Types" option, and also can verify that the roads over water is working in most areas.   If it is not working at all, then you have another problem (such as Paul had in the other thread).

I will try and get another version out in a few days to add the "No Roads Cross Water" option for the major roads only option.  Also, for the few reported problem areas with the all roads option selected.

Thanks for your support !

Allen

Allen

paulvanharte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulvanharte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2004 at 3:06pm

I see I am the first to comment

Allen it worked like a charm!! No more road going into the pier area around Seattle!!!!

Your concern for quality and ensuring all your customers are happy is applauded.

rlunning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlunning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2004 at 8:55am

Where as I love USA Roads, I only use "major roads". I just think it looks better. OPINION ONLY.  I feel that the "all roads" tends to clutter and create a grid effect.. Again opinion only... I think the new "muted" textures is a big improvement...

Now if we can get the major roads out of the water it will be super..

And thanks for all your efforts...

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2004 at 9:55am
Originally posted by rlunning rlunning wrote:

Now if we can get the major roads out of the water it will be super..

This is now available.  See the link at the top of the page.

Allen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic