SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Delay parameter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delay parameter
    Posted: April-08-2021 at 3:23am
Usually after, but sometimes before or while sim is loading, and I run it using a prepared desktop shortcut. I start the sim in Windowed mode.

Stephen 
gjereza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjereza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

...Personally I run the software manually from a prepared desktop shortcut...

Regards
Stephen

Do you run opusfsi manually before or after the flight sim has launched? If after the sim has already launched how are you running the opusfsi manually?  Thanks.  
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2021 at 4:49am
The DELAY command simply delays the start of the FSISERVER program by the specified time. This command was intended to allow time for the sim to start before OpusFSI begins trying to establish its SimConnect and other links.

There’s no optimum time I can recommend. Personally I run the software manually from a prepared desktop shortcut.

Yes, the CompatTelRunner MS program is a pain in the neck. I recommend everyone to delete it and keep checking for it after Windows updates. It really slows down the PC on power up as it communicates much telemetry data back to Microsoft.

Regards
Stephen
gjereza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjereza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2021 at 7:49pm
Does the DELAY commandline parameter FSISERVER.EXE:

1) Delay Opus while P3D launches
2) Delays P3D while Opus launches
3) Delays both (not sure what the purpose would be for this)

I'm thinking it's the first one but I want to confirm that with Opus.

Also, any suggestions for the optimal value to use for Opus when loading with a large scenery add-on such as Orbx's scenery (eg. True Earth Northern California which has an installed file footprint of about 80 GB)? P3d v4.5.14 usually takes about 2-3 minutes from a fast SSD drive without Opus.

By the way, that is a great tip you have in the manual about disabling Microsoft's CompatelRunner.exe program for increasing PC performance. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic