SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MS Flight Simulator 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MS Flight Simulator 11
    Posted: 3 hours 17 minutes ago at 8:09pm

We had a saying back in the day..

The first to do it is special, anyone after that is playing the budget lottery.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 39 minutes ago at 7:47pm
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 60 minutes ago at 7:26pm
Have fun, Nick. We'll hold down the fort for you.

John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 2 minutes ago at 6:24pm
Hey guys.. I wont be around tomorrow after 10am EST. Got invited to a little party which should be fun. I'll be back Friday.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 49 minutes ago at 4:37pm
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 7 minutes ago at 4:19pm
lol I had forgotten about that scene.

John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 12 minutes ago at 4:14pm
too goofy   cheap laughs

The only scene I liked was John Hert redoing his original Alien scene at the diner

Michigan J Alien    LOL
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 18 minutes ago at 4:08pm
The only Mel Brooks film I wasn't thrilled about what Spaceballs. It was okay but not great.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 19 minutes ago at 4:07pm
Originally posted by cal2177 cal2177 wrote:

You mean the group portrait? 

Yes   LOL
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 20 minutes ago at 4:06pm

Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

Can you guess which version of the last supper hangs in front of the TV here.

I didn't know there was another version.

Oh wait…  I just got it       duhhhhhhhh      LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 21 minutes ago at 4:05pm
You mean the group portrait? 
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 25 minutes ago at 4:01pm
Goes with the family portrait of myself and the ex-wife that sits above the concession stand

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 29 minutes ago at 3:57pm

Watch the end of the "OH Jesus" clip above

Had it digitally produced and placed on a 4x7 foot weighted lower edge mechanical roll up mural

cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 37 minutes ago at 3:49pm

John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 43 minutes ago at 3:43pm
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 45 minutes ago at 3:41pm

John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 47 minutes ago at 3:39pm
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 50 minutes ago at 3:36pm
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 54 minutes ago at 3:32pm
I don't care what anybody says. That was a funny movie. It's good to be da king.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 56 minutes ago at 3:30pm
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 14 minutes ago at 3:12pm
Possibly!     even the 100K+ units was USDA CHOICE bullsh*t story
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 17 minutes ago at 3:09pm

Originally posted by Avidean Avidean wrote:

LOLYah! The addons are only going to cost $20 to $30 a pop and the guy who develops them is only getting $6 to $9 per sale. So they will all definitely be very lite indeed. 747's will have the same flight dynamics as c172's. Argument settled. It's a game not a simulator.CryAngry

Oh no... they way they tried to put the bag over our heads, they promised we would sell hundreds of thousands, possibility millions of units.

Millions of units? That doesn't even pass the smell test. Even if there are "millions" of users, they won't all want to buy every addon.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 18 minutes ago at 3:08pm

LOLYah! The addons are only going to cost $20 to $30 a pop and the guy who develops them is only getting $6 to $9 per sale. So they will all definitely be very lite indeed. 747's will have the same flight dynamics as c172's. Argument settled. It's a game not a simulator.CryAngry

Oh no... they way they tried to put the bag over our heads, they promised we would sell hundreds of thousands, possibility millions of units.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 25 minutes ago at 3:01pm

And, "It would be a shame for this place to catch fire. We wouldn't want that now would we?"

Absolutely not, we will get the fire department on it right away and make sure its taken care of.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 26 minutes ago at 3:00pm

That was the FS11 design team of the past..   and when the developers didn't take the off'a we couldn't refuse and walked..   they closed the doors and came out with FLIGHT.

They may have taken a lesson from that but I don't see them being too much nicer, just craftier.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 33 minutes ago at 2:53pm
And, "It would be a shame for this place to catch fire. We wouldn't want that now would we?"
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 35 minutes ago at 2:51pm

Not much difference between "we" and the mob.

ergo the star trek video I posed above. They weren't that brazen of course but neither are 'the boys' when they are working either.

The boys just say things like...    Hey, ya know..  I think Pauli is stressed and needs a vacation I think down-under would be a great place. Can you see that he gets to Australia for me and enjoys the ride?
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 39 minutes ago at 2:47pm
Which is what separates quality addons like Flight1, iFly, CoolSky, QualityWings, and a handful of others, and some other which we all know and which I will not name.

If I want a C-130, I don't want one with the flight dynamics of a Cessna 172.
John Patterson
Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 43 minutes ago at 2:43pm
i7 8086K @5.3ghz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill DDR4 2 x 8GB 4400mhz 18-19-19, 2080ti, 3 x 1TB Samsung 970 Plus
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 44 minutes ago at 2:42pm
Not much difference between "we" and the mob.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 52 minutes ago at 2:34pm
We went through this in the back office of the original FS11 design team of which I was part of. "You cant charge more than 19.95-29.95 and we get 70%"

The 'we' wasn't the developer

I don't need an official link, I was officially there at one time and I know how they operate
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 53 minutes ago at 2:33pm
Here in the anarcho-syndicalist commune, we believe MS about as far as I can throw a castle. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 56 minutes ago at 2:30pm

What anybody says about it should be taken with a pinch of salt but anyone here that thinks MS is going to allow income access development to their creation without paying their toll to cross the bridge needs to learn the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow and be ready for an arm up the arse.

Avidean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avidean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 54 minutes ago at 12:32pm
I read one comment somewhere and I'm not saying where which was hearsay. Shouldn't be difficult to find. A well known niche addon developer alpha testing said 'simmers are going to be disappointed, its only a game!' However, he's obviously conflicted since his addons are for P3D. So what he says about it should be taken with a pinch of salt or perhaps the whole salt cellar just like anything else that has been said about it since it was announced.Big smile
i7 8086K @5.3ghz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill DDR4 2 x 8GB 4400mhz 18-19-19, 2080ti, 3 x 1TB Samsung 970 Plus
alainneedle1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alainneedle1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:42pm

Originally posted by alainneedle1 alainneedle1 wrote:

Nick, l baked that link...never mind it does not matter..moving on.

this video I posted above represents what MS is about to do to what was once a free and open market...

Thanks for moving on.

Official link regarding this statement please...LOL

By the way Tomorrowland is an excellent movie, l enjoyed it a lot, load up on pop-corn and beer...

Window 7 64-bit

Gigabyte UD-9

980x @4.50 24/7

PSU 1300W

2000MHz 7-7-7-20

Noctua NH-D14

Cricial SATA III C300 128GB

OCZ Z-Drive PCI-e 256GB for FSX

Zotac GTX 480 AMP
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:20pm
You're both in for a hell of an awesome ride. The story is exceptional, the characters are enchanting and the visuals are not CGI done right, its CGI done damn near perfect.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:36pm
I just watched the trailer and it looks good. I'll watch it next weekend and see if the wife will watch it too.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:29pm
You are in for a real treat. The gals will have fun with that one too.
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:26pm
I'll check it out.
John Patterson
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:10pm
I remember that one!     Yep, its a blast from the past.

If you haven't tried it yet, Tomorrowland is right up that alley too.. you'll love that one!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic