SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Testing out new Flightplan Phase

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WebMaximus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testing out new Flightplan Phase
    Posted: May-31-2013 at 12:41pm
Ok, thanks!
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 12:20pm
You can use the Cruise in the En Route report, that will always show you the expected wind direction, speed and SAT for your cruise altitude at the location of the Nav point. If the Nav point is outside the current weather map, the current beta extracts the GRIB data forecast for that location on the globe. If it is currently on the weather map then it shows the cruise data used in the map and injected into FSX.

You shouldn't be able to go wrong now because if you display the Destination report and the destination is outside the map area then you will get the NO METAR message. Its only in the En Route report that the additional met report will be decoded and displayed.

You can check and refine your entry once the Destination gets in range and appears on the weather map. Which should be at about 400 mile range.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 12:08pm
One thing where I'm not 100% sure and would like to ask about, when I'm about to enter the cruise wind into the FMC preparing my flight on the ACT PERF INIT page what value would be the most realistic/correct value to put in?

Now for instance I'm preparing a short flight EFHK-ESSA using the route RUNEN N872 XILAN so I've entered EFHK RUNEN N872 XILAN ESSA in the flight plan field in Opus and when I then bring up the Opus report inside FSX and choose Flight Plan En Route Weather Reports should I then preferrably click on one of the waypoint somewhere approx in the middle of my route and then use the Cruise value found on line 2 which in my case reads 231/44 for this specific flight or would using some other value in the report be a better choice?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 10:36am
Glad to hear it.

Stephen Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 10:35am
I have just run up the new beta with FSX, entered the LFPB MOU LFLL flight plan, updated the weather (Weather Update button), checked the FP En Route weather reports etc. with no problem.

Stephen
betampona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betampona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 10:32am
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">everything is back to normal
it's good for me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 10:29am
I have just been using it. You have to click on Update Weather after entering your Flight Plan, and must have FSX running.

Stephen
betampona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betampona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 10:26am
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">the weather update does not work on 3.03.4 beta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 10:24am
Don't understand your comment. Download, uninstall and install the new beta 3.03.4 and your LFPB MOU LFLL flight plan should identify the nearest French MOU Navaid. It will then attempt to locate the four nearest Met stations to MOU and add any active stations to your Flight Plan En Route Weather Reports.

Stephen
betampona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betampona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 10:17am
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">with version 3.03.4 beta I is not the weather update

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 9:43am
Problem with identifying MOU above has now been corrected and beta 3.03.4 has been posted.

Peterbread2 ... you can try out the new beta which includes the destination update mods.

Stephen
SierraHotel View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SierraHotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 9:16am
Using this now as I write, and it works perfectly. Weather reports from Istanbul all the way to Jeddah, fantastic work, well done mate.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 8:13am
Many thanks, I will check it out. Looks like as soon as it found an FSX station MOU it didn't bother checking the navaids.

Stephen
betampona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betampona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2013 at 7:52am
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">hello, LFPB to LFLL via MOU (Mills) is located in CANADA
Here are two screens taken.

Petabread2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petabread2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 11:44am
Sounds good! By the way having the en route weather is a thing of beauty!!

Peter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 11:42am
OK, I will have a go at the mod soon, you can be the guinea pig to test the beta.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petabread2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 11:38am
No worries Stephen, I was just stating the observance from the flight. The recovery altitude is now at 19,000 though I have tried higher and it doesn't matter, the static winds stay on until I'm down to around 15,000ft. The ATC I am using is standard FSX and right around 90nm out I'm getting runway info from ATC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 11:10am
I think he maybe getting his RWY assigned a long way out using an Addon package. Hence the Static winds are still in force. Hopefully, I have an idea that might cure this but need time to test it.

Stephen
russianspd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Petabread2 Petabread2 wrote:

Hey,

I did a flight from JFK-ATL and got the wind info and all which was great but I still have the nagging problem of getting the wrong runway assigned for landing. The winds at ATL were out of 130 while the static winds were 240 and the winds aloft were 290. I was given runway 28 to land and I did with a tail wind. Anyway this can be fixed? The static winds for each reporting location according to the flight plan was 130-100 which would have been great but the static winds at ATL just didn't get the memo.

What is your recovery altitude setting? Sounds like it didn't switch off of static.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 11:02am
That is something different from what we are doing here at the moment. I think I have explained the reasons for this happening within FSX in another recent topic. I have an idea I am going to try out which might help FSX get it right but have not had time to implement it and test it yet.

Your runway was assigned using the Staic winds. I have already explained this just recently. It is the Static winds that are injected, to stop FSX falling apart at the seams, and the real winds are only injected after they are recovered.

Its not a case if getting the memo. FSX has limitations that must be accommodated and while Static winds are injected these are the only surface winds that exist until it is safe to inject the real varied surface winds again. I have already said I have an idea that might help but need time to implement and check it.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petabread2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 10:52am
Hey,

I did a flight from JFK-ATL and got the wind info and all which was great but I still have the nagging problem of getting the wrong runway assigned for landing. The winds at ATL were out of 130 while the static winds were 240 and the winds aloft were 290. I was given runway 28 to land and I did with a tail wind. Anyway this can be fixed? The static winds for each reporting location according to the flight plan was 130-100 which would have been great but the static winds at ATL just didn't get the memo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 10:42am
I will see about extracting the expected Cruise wind and temp at the actual location of the Nav point next then go on from there. I also have to cross reference all the Met stations ready for creating the flight plan report. The report can show expected weather, winds, and temps at each Nav point along with average wind and temp. The exact content will no doubt evolve over time and several betas.

Stephen
peebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 10:32am
Hi Stephen, at the moment I'm enroute EGCC to LEMG just crossing the northern coast of Spain. My metar reporting stations covers 3 pages and at each station it reports the cruise wind as being the same 348/56 -50'.
So what you are saying about it being the wind at the current location sounds right.
In the FSI server flight plan options screen I have the origin flight plan including airways and destination codes all displaying correctly and below that the identified navigation points all showing with their corresponding lon and lat and type. Very nice. When I go to the flight plan enroute weather reports each station is showing with its type civ/mil ect and the distances from my position are updating nicely there a associated waypoint is indicated too. All very nice.
It's coming along well. We need that average cruise wind sorting now, I would say. For the FMC input at the beginning of the flight, while still on the ground.
Great stuff Phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 10:03am
You are just one step ahead of me at the moment.

I think the Cruise wind target displayed in the report is just for the current position at the moment (I will have to check). All the upper wind and temp info will of course be included within the planned OpusFlightReport.txt file.

However, I will see what I can do about the 'Cruise' wind target for the actual location of the nav point in the next beta.

The two bottom lines will remain showing the current wind and temp targets along with the actual ambient temp and TAT inside the sim. These are intended to allow people to monitor how the sim is performing at that moment in time. But the Cruise XXX/XX wind should reflect the expected upper wind at your cruise altitude at the Nav point's location.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 9:48am
Just wanted to say thank you for the latest version, really great to have the winds for the enroute waypoints when you're about to program the FMC!

I have weather updates disabled at startup. After I manually press the update button after entering my route etc will also the enroute waypoint keep getting updated along my route?
peebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 9:21am
In one of my previous posts in this thread I have explained that I have used the PMDG navdata for the NGX and the FSX/ navdata for the NGX. They both supply the same info into the text box and the enroute info. If you arn't using an aircraft with a complex FMC then the cruise winds along your route arn't of much use to you, unless you are using a complex fuel planner that needs the cruise winds.
Phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 8:16am
The Navdata does not care what plane you are flying. The Navdata is a global source of navigation data including definitions of all navigation aids such as VOR stations, and navigation waypoints. It is independent of any aircraft type and so can be used with anything.

You just identify where there is a source of this navigation data, normally provided by Navigraph, on your system. These text files containing lists of all the Nav points will be held in an appropriate Navdata folder on most systems that have aircraft needing this data. For example aircraft employing FMCs.

So it does not matter what aircraft you are flying, it has no relation to any specific aircraft. The navigation points around the globe are the same for everyone, they are global.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petabread2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 8:06am
I have a question, I have the pmdg 737 but let's say I wanted to use a default plane with a default flightplan, what do we do then? Will it not work that way since I'm not using an fmc?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 4:36am
Originally posted by russianspd russianspd wrote:

Wanted to say thanks for getting everything sorted and running with the planning assistance. Including the reports text later on should be a nice addition.

Also wanted to apologize if my previous posts seemed a bit stand offish. Reading back through the initial post seemed to have come off rather brash.

No apology needed russianspd we didn't take anything the wrong way.

Stephen and Cheryl Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 4:28am
New Beta Version 3.03.2 has been posted with many improvements (I hope), please refer to the Announcements.

Stephen Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 3:36am
That sounds great, thanks Stephen!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2013 at 1:38am
Quote One question and sorry if it has already been answered and I overlooked it but is there any chance we might see the actual VORs, NDBs and fixes in the enroute weather report rather than airports in close vicinity to the waypoints in a later version? 

They will all be shown in the OpusFlightReport text file but the Opus weather reports are just providing useful weather reports from nearby met stations since there are no METARs associated with nav points. I might be able to show the nav point they are associated with in the report window.

Quote And one more thing that would be great, if you could have an average wind component for your entire route.

Again that is something that would be within the text file report.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 7:42pm
One more thing I've been thinking about, considering all the time and hard work put into all new versions of Opus all the time I would be happy to pay some kind of "update fee" making Opus more sophisticated for every version.

If I were the developer I think I would come to a point eventually where I would have felt the development was more of implementing new stuff rather than fixing issues in an already released version and at that point I think it's fair to ask your customers for some kind of update fee.
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 7:38pm
Also something I found with AS Navdata pro, if you download airac for Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne for fsx, it creates a Navigraph folder in FSX. just thought I would share that bit of trivia with you all.
Julian
Opus, GEX, UTX, FEX GTN750 Super Kingair P3D Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 7:28pm
Works fine here too now using the latest version of Opus and pointing to the Navdata folder under the PMDG folder.

One question and sorry if it has already been answered and I overlooked it but is there any chance we might see the actual VORs, NDBs and fixes in the enroute weather report rather than airports in close vicinity to the waypoints in a later version?

Would make it much easier if you want to put the info into the FMC.

And one more thing that would be great, if you could have an average wind component for your entire route.
peebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 5:33pm
Hi EdwardS read my post just above, I've entered the jetways as you mention and Opus generates the metar stations spot on. I've tried it both ways with and without jetways and they both work just fine. Which is good because it makes it a doddle to copy and paste your route in its entirety straight into the box
Phil
russianspd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:45pm
Wanted to say thanks for getting everything sorted and running with the planning assistance. Including the reports text later on should be a nice addition.

Also wanted to apologize if my previous posts seemed a bit stand offish. Reading back through the initial post seemed to have come off rather brash.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:36pm
You can include jetways, they should not conflict at all since they will not be recognised as Nav aids or waypoints, the LWE will simply ignore them. Just make sure the flight plan contains the point of origin and your destination, well for now at least.

Stephen
EdwardS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:19pm
Alpha117, good to see you over here as well as the ProATCX forums. Cutting in on the conversation with a relevant question.

Stephen, when inputting the route is it valid to include jetways or should the route plan consist of only waypoints?
Ed Smoker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:13pm
I may look into incorporating some form of automation here. The LWE knows where you are if the aircraft is on the ground and it could read the Destination entry in the weather dialog. I am trying to do it so it doesn't have to ask any questions. But its got to be fool proof in the end and not too complex.

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic