SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Live Camera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live Camera
    Posted: March-03-2018 at 7:58am

Hi Tym,

Glad to hear, and many thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Stephen Smile
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2018 at 6:15am
Hi,

I've only managed to do a very quick test, but it works beautifully! Clap

Thanks! Thumbs Up
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2018 at 5:12am
OpusFSI Beta Version 5.21.5 has been posted which uses the above P3D v3.4 and v4 function to provide smooth transitions in all view modes. See Announcements.

Stephen Thumbs Up
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 1:49pm
Thanks Stephen! I hope these functions work as advertised, you never know with some of the recent changes from LM... Wink

Cheers,
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 12:56pm
I will see if I can incorporate the new P3D SimConnect functions in the next beta. In this beta only P3D v3.4 and P3D v4 modes use the dotNet4 P3DSERVER and P3DCLIENT programs so there are at least two functions that can be used, including the SimConnect_RequestCameraRelative6DOF function you mentioned above. These used to be only available via the PDK Interface.

I am hoping to post the next beta tomorrow.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 4:36am
Thanks for considering this, I look forward to your findings. Smile

Cheers,
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 3:48am
Hi Tym
We will have another look at it and if it proves to be an advantage we will use it.
Regards
Cheryl
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2018 at 3:10am
Hi Stephen and Cheryl,

Having read some of the recent posts, I understand that with the performance improvements in SimConnect, a new PDK interface for P3D v4 is not a priority. However, as I might've mentioned more than once Wink, the one thing I miss when using the SimConnect method is the ability for OpusFSI to read the current camera pitch and heading, which made it possible to pan smoothly between the current camera PBH (set manually using the hat switch) and predefined Opus cameras. Just to clarify, this only concerns pitch and heading, I never change zoom settings using cameras.

I was wondering if there's any option of replicating that PDK functionality using SimConnect. LM has recently mentioned some improvements to the SDK, and I've noticed that the SDK documentation now refers to a function called "SimConnect_RequestCameraRelative6DOF". Would that be usable for this purpose?

Regards,
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2017 at 2:46am
Glad to hear Bob.

Regards
Stephen and Cheryl
aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2017 at 8:42pm
Hi Stephen and Cheryl
Success!!! With both Live View and Live Weather enabled and functioning the systems sync when I change the time in P3D4 on the Server.
Many thanks .... said it before ....... great support!!!
Bob 
From stormy Melbourne, Australia .... shows up nice in the sim right now 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 4:50am
We have checked again and the software will clock sync when you have either Live View or Live Weather enabled.

Cheryl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 4:22am
If you crash the aircraft...

There’s no unique event that I can detect in this case so I am unable to re select your default view. All I can suggest is after the sim has settled down and reloaded the flight, you press the default views assigned button or key to reselect it.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 2:59am
Views ... OpusFSI Live Camera will only initialise a default view when it receives notification of the selected aircraft type via SimConnect. I will check the crash situation, not sure what P3D does after a crash restart. You should however assign a button/key to your view so you can re select it using the button/key.

I will see what my system does when the aircraft crashes.

I will see if I can enable clock sync when only Live View is enabled, make it independent of Live Weather.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 2:53am
The sim creates events via SimConnect when you open the sim dialog and when you close it. It’s got nothing to do with the pause key. This status change is sent to the client.

The clock update (sync) message will only be sent if you have both Live View and Live Weather enabled on both server and client system. Clock sync is part of the Live Weather operation and needed to ensure correct OpusFSI weather depiction.

The Windowed Views problem was corrected in a beta and the fix is included in the latest 5.20 beta.

Stephen :-)
aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2017 at 1:03am
Hi Stephen
Were you able to replicate the issue I am having or is it specific to my system? Also, what actually triggers the Pause Update? Have you been able to determine "the conditions" that trigger it?

If it specific to my system, I don't want to act hastily, but I am prepared to uninstall/reinstall OpusFSI and Prepar3d if necessary to see if the issue goes away.
Bob

Just noted: If you crash in the sim (just touched a parked aircraft) you lose the OpusFSI views when the sim restarts

Any further thought on the issue???

Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 3:11am
We will have to investigate with the latest LM SimConnect and FSUIPC. I think SimConnect does not provide any zoom change or setting events, that’s why we used the PDK which did include the ability to read the current zoom level, most likely added for VR support.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2017 at 6:01pm
Thanks, I look forward to what you come up with. Generally, the one thing I miss is the ability to go smoothly from any camera pan/pitch position to a predefined VC view. Is that still impossible for OpusFSI to read the current camera PBH with SimConnect (without the PDK)?

Cheers,
Tym

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2017 at 3:56am
We are considering adding it but there have been problems at the LM end of the PDK.

I have prepared the software ready to try again sometime. We are also llooking at other ways of determining zoom levels since the P3Dv4 SimConnect link it’s almost as efficient for 6DOF as the PDK, if not the same.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2017 at 5:40pm
Hi Stephen and Cheryl,

I've had to take a few months' break from simming, but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Since I intend to use Prepar3D v4 from now on, I'd like to ask if you're planning to re-instate PDK support for P3D v4 in OpusFSI v5. I miss the ability to switch smoothly between any current camera direction and the predefined VC views...

Best regards,
Tym

aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2017 at 8:49pm
Hi Stephen
Were you able to replicate the issue I am having or is it specific to my system? Also, what actually triggers the Pause Update? Have you been able to determine "the conditions" that trigger it?

If it specific to my system, I don't want to act hastily, but I am prepared to uninstall/reinstall OpusFSI and Prepar3d if necessary to see if the issue goes away.
Bob

Just noted: If you crash in the sim (just touched a parked aircraft) you lose the OpusFSI views when the sim restarts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 10:29am
Pause update can send an ON or OFF control.

Stephen
aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 6:46am
I actually had both the Server and Client spy on the General Update link running at the last test - didn't include the info because the only difference was TX on the Server output and RX on the Client output i.e.:

TX Length 1 bytes
PAUSE UPDATE
TX Length 1 bytes
PAUSE UPDATE

Any idea about the PAUSE?

Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2017 at 3:38am
Hi Bob,

Yes, after closing the sims Time Change Dialog you should see  the STATUS updates resuming over the OpusFSI server/client General Update link. Best to monitor the server's General Update link to see these.

I will give it another go here and report back with examples.

No problem sticking with this, it might uncover something.

aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 9:50pm
Checked: Live View and Live Weather are/were both enabled on Server and Client. Spy on Server and Client reports connection to Sim P3D V4 and FSUIPC --- Details:

On Server
GEN General Process Mon.......etc
GEN Licenced User Name: xxxxxxx
GEN Licenced FSI Order: xxxxxxxx
GEN Device 1: xxxxxxxx ( Sim Joystick 1)
GEN Device 2: xxxxxxxx ( Sim Joystick 2)
GEN Site Effects: 97 Opus, 0 User, 97 in Total
GEN FSI Stations: 24493 Opus, 8532 MetStns, 6170 Sim MetStns
FSU Connected to FSUIPC Interface
SIM Connected to Simulator - Prepar3d Version 4 Mode
SIM Air Folder - Mooney Bravo
GEN 1 Matching Camera VC/2D/External Views for Aircraft
MET Dynamic Weather Not Updated

On Client:   GEN (General Process etc) SIM (Connected to sim etc) and FSU same as Server

As before changing time on Server with Show Detail enabled in General Updates spy shows:
RX Length 1 bytes
PAUSE UPDATE
RX Length 1 bytes
PAUSE UPDATE
This is all that appears in the spy window

Must be my 70+ brain but I do not fully understand: "After closing the sims dialog the STATUS updates will resume and a CLOCK update will be sent. Nothing will be sent in the PAUSED state."

What is the "sims dialog" that needs to be closed? If you mean the "time change dialog' in P3D that closes automatically after you hit enter.

How do I get out of the PAUSED State that seems to be causing the trouble?  P3D on both Server and Client are not paused at the time I go through the Time Change process.

I must be missing something ( I hear you laughing) - but thanks for sticking with me on this!!!

Bob

aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 9:30pm
See Next Post
Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 5:50am
You will need BOTH Live View and Live Weather enabled on the server and client.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 5:42am
You do need Show Detail enabled. Just change the time in the server sim whilst spying on the General Updates link. After closing the sims dialog the STATUS updates will resume and a CLOCK update will be sent. Nothing will be sent in the PAUSED state. After the clock update is received the client sim will reload.

You can Suspend the Spy window and use the scroll bar to examine the sequence of messages after in pausing the sim.

Also make sure the normal Spy window reports a connection to FSUIPC and the correct sim mode is reported.

Stephen
aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 5:22am
Hi Stephen
No sign of the CLOCK UPDATE

Changing time with Show Data enabled in General Updates Spy:

RX Length 1 bytes
01 (period)
RX Length 1 bytes
00 (period)

Changing time with Show Detail enabled in General Updates spy:
RX Length 1 bytes
PAUSE UPDATE
RX Length 1 bytes
PAUSE UPDATE

Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 2:20am
You may need to click on the Show Detail option to see what the message being sent is. There’s also a Show Data option as well. Then you won’t see just the N Bytes message.

The CLOCK UPDATE message will contain the sims local year, day of year, hour, minute, and second data.

FSUIPC is used to adjust the client sims clock.

Stephen
aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2017 at 11:44pm
Did that ....to spy on OpusFSI Client Application Links:  Application1 - Networked General Updates. When I clicked on the P3D World / Time and Season on the Server the Spy window showed:
RX   Length 1 bytes
When I actually changed the time the spy window showed another:
RX   Length 1 bytes.
Time changed on the Server but not on Client
Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2017 at 3:06am
You need to use the ‘View xxx App Links’ option then Spy on the General Comms link. You can do this on the server or client to spy on the comms between the systems.

aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2017 at 1:42am
Hi Stephen
Have FSUIPC v5 on Server and Client with normal defaults set. FSUIPC shows in the P3D Add-ons drop-box. WideFS in not enabled. Spy on Server and Client shows connections to Simulator -P3Dv4 and FSUIPC Interface but nothing extra appears in the Client spy panel when I change time on the Server. Time changes on Server but it does not sync with the Client.
Thanks for persisting with this.
Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 6:21am
Do you have FSUIPC on your client, you will need that to sync the client time.

If you open the Spy window on the client you should see the sync message being received.
aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 4:19am
Something still is not right. Started P3D and OpusFSI . Followed instructions to change time on the Server only - Did that but the server and client did not sync --- Day on the Server, evening on the client. Shut down, checked aircraft.cfg - OK

Bob
aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 3:32pm
Understand. Many thanks. Great  support!!!

Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 9:26am
I think I've corrected the problem so will post an update after some more testing this week.

No need to alter the client's clock, just adjust the server and let the server clock sync the client.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 8:55am
The problem occurs after you change the time on the client, you should not need to do this as the server will clock sync the client itself. I will investigate why such a change has this effect but for now only change the time on the server system.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 8:33am
We have confirmed the problem and are looking into it.

Thanks for the report.
Cheryl
aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 4:17pm
FYI:
1. Definition 899 was still in the cfg file
2 Time was changed on Server and then the Client via P3D drop-down menu which gives you a pop-up where time can be set.  Identical times set on both systems.
3. Same version of OpusFSI on both Server and Client.

I feel that a re-install may be just around the corner - to deal with the "e-factor" (the wayward electron that changes something in the system and stops it from playing nice)

Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2017 at 12:07pm
Very strange. After changing the time was 899 still within the aircraft cfg file?

How did you change the time in the sim? Was it via P3D menu in both server and client etc.?

I will see if it happens on my system as well. Live Camera on the client amends the cfg files only when instructed by the server. It uses its cam file to see what cam defs need adding.

Might be able to check it tomorrow some time, if not this week.

In the mean time check you have the same OpusFSI version on both server and client.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
  Share Topic