SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble with Nvidia Inspector Quality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2012 at 5:47pm
Don
In a still Pict u wont see it, it only happening when the aircraft is moving along
Nick
Its the trees mostely doing the shimmers, as i am flying along i can see them shimmering, and watch the textures fill in in front of me, but the shimmers r really anoying in spot view ,
I dont have GEX installed yet ,,, will the tree fix option take care of this ????
Darryl
paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2012 at 5:59pm
sorry overlooked this one.

does lower fps, due to the real weather clouds, has to do with AA levels?
paula
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2012 at 6:22pm
Now i got the shimmers to settle down,,, i am getting the black spikes and white Flashes, I know Nick said about the black spikes in the past to pan around and they should go away ,,, but they r not going a way and the lower i move the sliders down the worst they get, wich weird, Censored FSX and Aces (microsoft) need to get their Censored stuff together and stop blanking the consumers with pore design software or half assed software and these spikes and flashes r happening at MS default Airports KSYR , KSEA KBUF, and the other anoying thing is their log system ,,, Y dosent it show the starting airports when flying the Helicopters ,,,

Paula
I would have to think the lower fps r to do with, yes the clouds, and also u have ur cpu doing more with real weather on so it is taking cpu cycles away frm fsx to work the networking
Darryl 

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by paula paula wrote:

sorry overlooked this one.

does lower fps, due to the real weather clouds, has to do with AA levels?

Cloud complexity is a combination of CPU and GPU thanks to how Aces designed the render engine

in your case you would be far better off on a 580 video adapter than a 460 for weather rendering

but do let me make something else perfectly clear, a 920 processor is outdated and it will not be long before the next gen Intel and Nvidia products start hitting the market (April/May of this year)  to spend 500 dollars on a video card now and pair it with a 2.5 year old processor technology is in my opinion money down the drain

I would take the 500 dollars and build a new Ivy Bridge setup with a Keplar core Nvidia card
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2012 at 9:49pm
Nick
what do u think might be going on with FSX and the Black spikes, and white flashes, What am i doing wrong or missing or overlooking, I too have the 920 with a 560 Ti video ,,,
Thanks
Darryl
paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 5:32am
ok thats good information, i will wait till the bridge and card comes out.

paula
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Zman Zman wrote:

Nick
what do u think might be going on with FSX and the Black spikes, and white flashes, What am i doing wrong or missing or overlooking, I too have the 920 with a 560 Ti video ,,,
Thanks
Darryl

Typically what you are seeing is caused by either overload of scenery based on hardware/clock, or a driver issue

overload of scenery is caused by user tuning..   could be sliders or addon products that are overloading the hardware..  can also be caused by using AVSIM Jesus tweaks in the FSX.cfg such as bufferpools or a user pushing scenery radius in the FSX.cfg too high

The clock speed of the processor is important but so is memory timing.. verify the system is in fact running the correct overclocked CPU speed, memory speed and memory timing as well as confirm the PCIe system is running x16 with the application CPUz

also confirm the system is stable by running the OCCT 1hour automatic CPU test with LARGE DATA SET.   DO NOT USE OCCT for testing anything OTHER THAN CPU

in some rare cases it can point to a hardware failure in the video card.. ie; memory modules on the video card overheating due to poorly designed/fitted HSF on the card itself

and although GEX will reduce the load on the system it will not have any effect on tree shimmers

You should be tuning your system with all addons installed because addons like GEX increase performance, reduce/balance the scenery load with respect to autogen, and therefore will change the entire tuning setup
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 5:24pm

Nick

the only tweaks in my fsx cfg r the ones u posted , High mem fix, disable preload, widescreen true ,TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70,ForceFullScreenVSync=True, ForceVSync=True

If the Video card is clocked to high (past kombuster dx9 mode) would that have a effect on the spikes and white flashes ????

Pushing scenery radius to high,  Such as
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70

I use cpuz, when i stress test the sys ,, but i didnt notice the PCIe system is running x16 !!!!
Video card temps 35-45 Degrees C when using FSX, thats not to say the HSF is or isnot seated correctly as u mention, I do have the UI Automation Core dll installed in fsx main folder
Thanks Nick
Darryl

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Zman Zman wrote:

If the Video card is clocked to high (past kombuster dx9 mode) would that have a effect on the spikes and white flashes ????

Are you overclocking the video card?  If so, YES that can cause what you are seeing. Never overclock a video card, its not necessary, nets very little result in FSX and overheats the card.

Regardless of the video core temp, video memory is NOT MONITORED for heat.. therefore if you are overclocking it you could be overdriving the memory

35-40c when USING FSX? I find that hard to believe. I can see 55-65 but 35-40c would say to me your tower is in a cooler with the beer

What do you mean you use CPUz to overclock the system? CPUz is just a readout it is not a stress test or a stress test monitor. In order to confirm stability you must use stress test software (OCCT) and monitor the TEMP of the CPU with software such as RealTemp

PCIe Link Width is located under the MAINBOARD tab
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 8:36pm
Nick
i found what u r talking about with cpuz, and the pci express and yes it is 16
I use Cpuz to montior cpu voltage Flucating during a stress test , As u r probaly aware this Mobo is not the best in the world and voltages Flucuate a lot more then i like to see, and cpuz show cpu voltage.
and u can say my pc is in a cooler with the beer, Beer  I made a airbox with a air filter and 2 120mm fans pulling the cold air up frm the basement so the temp of the air going into the PC 38-40 degrees Fairenheit, this time of the year,, when the furnance comes on air temps go to 44-46 degrees , I also have my cpu raditor in the air box cooling the liqued for the cpu Too

Thanks again Nick
Darryl
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 11:57am
Nick
I use intel burntest to test my sys for stability (is it not a good test to use), and i do use real temp or core temp to montior the cpu temps, Not at the same time its one or the other
Thanks again for every thing
Darryl
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 7:45pm
Nick
the video OC and a Afcad file was causing the spikes,, So Thank you for your Help

I know u say to use OCCT to check OC,,, Whats ur Opinion about using the intel burntest, I know it puts one hell of load on the cpu
Thanks
Darryl
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 12:59pm
OCCT large data set tests the memory and the CPU

Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 1:58pm
Okay
Nick
Whats ur opinnion on MipBias=6 is this good or bad
Thanks
Darryl
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 2:30pm
I do not use it because I do not use photoscenery

Its been reported to clear up photosceenry but I never saw any difference even when I tested photoscenery

A TBM of 400 is usually what photoscenery likes..  but then again the entire scene must be photoscenery and not a mixture of photoscenery and textures/landclass
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 2:52pm
What does the TBM Do any how ,,,
it seems to me when i set it to 100 ,,, i get more shimmers
Thanks
Darryl
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 2:55pm
huh?

TBM  Texture_Bandwidth_Mult=  has absolutely nothing to do with shimmer, nor will it invoke shimmers, its simply increases the amount of ground texture data the video card processes per cycle.

I use 120 but I also use a 580GTX video card and do not use photoscenery
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 4:05pm
so with a 560 ti with 384 processing cores,,, what would be a good setting for me to start with
cor clock 850 default
shader 1700 default
mem 2100 default
data frm msi
and it is running default now
Thanks
Darryl
Zman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 7:54pm
Nick
well i think i have it all figured out , i did notice the higher TBM the less GPU useage on afterburner, and fps drops
I found 80-90 works good on my sys, Here is a screen shot ,, Nick let me know what u think 
Thank you
Darryl
DickB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2012 at 6:05am
Hi folks - I latched onto this thread because I have just installed on a new system (following Nick's guides to the letter of course), and, even on Nick's NVI settings, found I was getting bad stutter on trees and other slender objects like chimneys and lampposts. I didn't notice this on a standard monitor while installing, but I front project onto a 70-inch screen, so every wrinkle gets magnified.

I'm running a GTX580 on this sytem. After reading this thread I backed off the driver from 285.62 to 275.33, but it made no difference (NVI is 1.9.5.9). I tried a few other settings, and, browsing around, spotted there were some Sparse Grid settings under AA Transparency Supersampling which sounded vaguely relevant (you can tell I'm not an expert !) Well, it turns out setting AA Transparency Supersampling to 8 x Sparse Grid Supersampling pretty much eliminates shimmer - for me, that is. Not saying it will help anyone else, and I have no idea what harm it does, if any, so I'm not recommending it, just passing on my experience.  
i7 2600K 4.0GHz - 8GB RAM - GeForce GTX 580 & NV Driver 275.33 - W7 Home 64 - FSX SP2 DX9 - FEX UTX EU & FTXG

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2012 at 8:18am
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

There is a 'brute force' setting that can squash them all but it also invokes a hell of a load on the GPU and under heavy scenery loads with weather slow the works down..

With 8xS combined, enable 2x Sparce grid Supersample under Transparency Supersampling
DickB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2012 at 4:03pm
Thanks Nick. I knew it had to be too good to be true ! I'll test in heavy scenery/weather and report back.
i7 2600K 4.0GHz - 8GB RAM - GeForce GTX 580 & NV Driver 275.33 - W7 Home 64 - FSX SP2 DX9 - FEX UTX EU & FTXG

DickB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2012 at 6:06am
Interesting. I set up some heavy weather (Nick's FEX clouds, thunderstorms, lightning, VC Rain FX etc) over London (Scenery Complexity Dense, AG Very Dense) and flew through it with Grid SS at Off/2x/8x.

No question any Grid SS setting lowers the FPS, but I didn't see any appreciable difference (in performance or IQ) between 2x and 8x. So it looks like 2x is the way forward for now.

That said, all flights were smooth. I should say that apart from the weather and scenery, the other demands on my system are relatively light - I fly an old FS9 a/c, with airline traffic set at zero, and GA traffic around 50%. And I run UTX with all roads and railroads disabled. Others running more complex a/c and traffic may have a different experience.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic