SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Product Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Audio Environment + Helicopter = CTD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirnoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audio Environment + Helicopter = CTD
    Posted: April-06-2010 at 5:42am
Hallo @all,

I am facing the problem that my FSX CTDs after a while when I use any helicopter (Standard and Payware), since I have installed Audio Environment. Windows reports show that the FSX crashes because of aemodule.dll. Installed is the latest Version of Audio Environment (system details below). Also I did use the recommendations to set the aemodule.dll in the dll.xml at a proper position. Any Idea or Bugfix about this problem… currently I can only decide between Audio Environment and Helicopter which is a real pity.

With kind regards,

Smile Cirnoc

---System:
CPU | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4x 2400 MHz)
GPU | 2 x Leadtek WinFast PX8800GTX (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX) im SLI-Verbund | Nvidia GeForce 197.13
Display | Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP 30" TFT | 2560x1600x32 FSX-Resolution
Mainboard | Asus Striker Extreme (Nvidia ForceWare 680i) | BIOS Revision 1401
Audio | Razer Megalodon 7.1 Surround (Firmware 2.12)
RAM | 4 x 2GB GeIL DDR2-800 (GE24GB800C4DC, EVO ONE)
HDD | 4 x WesternDigital Caviar RE2 WD5001ABYS (2 TB)
OS | Windows 7 - Ultimate (Build 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1)
Controls| Saitek - X52 Pro,Yoke, Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 4pro

---FSX: (XPack: 10.0.61637)
Airports:
- Aerosoft: German Airports 2+3, Mega Airports (EDDF, LFPG, EGLL, LEMD, ELLX, EBBR, LPPT, ESSA), German Airfields(1, 2, 3, 9)
- FSDreamteam: (LSZH, LSGG, KJFK, ENBR)
- UK2000: (EGCC, EGKK, EGPF, EGPH, EGSS)
- Flylogic: (Schweizer Kleinflugplätze 3, Airport Sion)
- FranceVFR: (LFRB, LFRS, LFLB)
- ImagineSim (KATL, KCLT, KCVG, MYNN, TJSJ)
Planes: PMDG (747+MD11+BAE J41), Wilco Airbus 1+2, PA31T Cheyenne, Nemeth EC-135
Tools: FlightSim Commander X, HiFiSim - Active Sky Evolution, MyTraffic 2010, AES, Audio Environment - Airliner Edition
Scenery: VFR DE 1-4, VFR UK 1-3, SwitzerlandX, UTX (EU+US+CA), German Landmarks X, London VFR X, Venice X
Mesh: FS-Global 2008, FSDreamscape Promesh (DE, CH, AT, FR, IT, ES, PT, UK, NL, DK, BE)
Texture: REX 2.0, GEX Europe + North America
flydave123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 4:58am
Have you followed the advice about downloading the latest FSDreamTeam manager.

FS Dreamteam’s recommendation is as follows:

"If you are running Audio Environment together with any FsDreamTeam product and are getting a crash on FSX startup, download the latest version of the FsDreamTeam Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, available here:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/setup_addonmanagerX.exe

And be sure to install this AFTER having installed Audio Environment"

This should resolve any problem, but please let us know either here or on the FSDreamTeam support forum if you have any further problems and of course  we will do everything we can to get you up and running.

Dave.

Cirnoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirnoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 6:25am
Hallo Dave,

thank you for your answer. Yes - I already did install the latest FsDreamTeam Stand-Alone Addon Manager after the Audio Environment-Installation. I have no problem at startup with any “normal” Planes.

The Problem seems to be somewhere else with the aemodule.dll and the combination with helicopters. In another Thread I found a note of someone which reported the exact same problem, but didnt got an solution too.

With kind regards,

Smile Cirnoc

----- Further Details:
Beschreibung
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung:    F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Problemsignatur
Problemereignisame:    BEX
Anwendungsname:    fsx.exe
Anwendungsversion:    10.0.61637.0
Anwendungszeitstempel:    46fadb14
Fehlermodulname:    AEMODULE.dll
Fehlermodulversion:    0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    4af2e100
Ausnahmeoffset:    000054c1
Ausnahmecode:    c0000417
Ausnahmedaten:    00000000
Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
Zusatzinformation 1:    df27
Zusatzinformation 2:    df27f73d4c86a76cacb373255786df6f
Zusatzinformation 3:    b438
Zusatzinformation 4:    b43802d26b183ba09acc2cfb66e3417c

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 8:33am
I will email Hans and ask him to take a look. I must have missed the other thread about someone else having problem with Helicopters.

Dave.

ToniH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 3:47am
Hi

I purchased today Audio Environment and if i start flight, FSX crashes.
AEMODULE.dll is file that crashes FSX. So what i need to do to get this addon work, or should i delete that module file, is the sounds still work in FSX?
Toni Hiltunen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 4:23am
Toni, if you have FS DreamTeam Scenery installed, see the post above about downloading the latest Scenery Manager.

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/setup_addonmanagerX.exe

That is a conflict between the two modules which can be cured.

You could also try uninstalling FSDreamteam Scenery, then see if you still get the crash. Installing the scenery and the latest addon manager after Audio Environment should also fix it.

The AEModule only handles startup and shutdown sounds so if you want to it can be disabled in the dll.xml file. All other sounds will play without the module. If all else fails, you can run the module installer from the Audio Environment folder in C:/Program Files (86)/Flight One Software/Audio Environment. Select to Uninstall and it will safely remove the module entry from the dll.xml file.

ToniH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToniH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 4:31am
Yes, i have FSDT sceneries. I will download latest addonmanager and test FSX again :) Thanks for quick help.
Toni Hiltunen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 4:44am
Cirnoc,

Running the module installer to uninstall the AEModule.dll may help your issue too as a temporary workround. Hans is aware of the issue but has no idea at the moment why it should affect just helicopter flights as the module does nothing at all with helicopters.

I know this may be tedious, but could you try uninstalling your FSDreamteam sceneres including the Promesh, then test to see if you get the crash. Then re-install them AFTER installing Audio Environment. Finally install the latest Add-on Manager.

See if that cures the issue. This will most likely be to do with the FSDreamteam and AEModule clash.

Lars A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 2:05pm

Hello, I can confirm the software crashes with the AEModule.dll-error when I use helicopters- not while using planes! Very strange.....

Best wishes from germany

Lars

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2010 at 10:54am
Can you let me know what helicopters you are using please. We can't replicate this issue here.
Lars A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2010 at 3:31am

It happens using the DODOSIM-BELL and always reproducable while using the NEMETH EC135 (I followed all instructions concerning FSdramteam).

I have to confess, I didn`t had a test with default FSX-Helis, but I will do and report when I have a little more time....

Thank you very much!

Lars

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2010 at 8:09am
Lars, that is a good clue. Can you check the order the modules are called in the dll.xml file.

The dll.xml file should be in C:/Users/your user name/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX.

Make a back up copy of it by right clicking the file and select "copy", then right click on your desktop and select "paste". This is just in case you make a mistake and you can just copy and paste it back into the folder if needed.

Next, right click on the original one in the FSX folder and select "Open with" and then "Notepad" and you will see something like the following. Yours will differ depending on what modules you have installed.

I have added the line spaces so that you can easily see the seperate elements and I suggest you carefull add in the line spaces to make it easier to read. They won't affect anything providing they are in the right places. Note that the sections begin with <Launch.Addon> and then end with </Launch.Addon>.

MY DLL EXAMPLE:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Audio Environment Module</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight One Software\Audio Environment\AEMODULE.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
     <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
        <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
        <Disabled>True</Disabled>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I have removed other modules from the dll, just to make it clearer to see.

You will also have the entry for the Dodosim 206 module in your list. If you change the order around it may help as it sounds like a similar issue to the FSDreamTeam module clash. I think that Audio Environment should be the first in the list. Maybe post an extract of your dll.xml here. I have asked Simon and Mark from Dodosim, and also Hans to drop by the forum and take a look at the problem too.

Dave.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2010 at 10:50am
II just installed the Dodosim 206 and Audio Environment back onto my Win7 64 machine and can't replicate the problem. However I don't have the FSDreamTeam Scenery installed. The Dodosim 206 doesn't add an entry into the dll.xml file so that last post won't help. Can you try loading a default Cessna, shut it down to cold and dark, then load the 206 from the Aircraft /  Select Aircraft menu inside the sim please. Does the crash still happen?

We are about to release the Dodosim 206 in boxed edition through Flight1 and I have been having problems with loading the 206 directly or on top of an aircraft that has engines running. I was getting lots of crashes but stopped them with the loading the cold & dark Cessna first. Haven't had a problem since. Simon has been looking into that issue, but he can't replicate the problem.

Also, try moving the Crash Tolerance slider in the realism settings to the far left EASY side.

Dave.

Bluebottle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2010 at 10:59am

Hi all,

Could someone answer a couple of questions for me so that we can exclude a few suspects from our enquiries 

Does the issue affect the default Robinson R22?

Does Audio Envirionment add a gauge to aircraft panel configs, if so what number has been given to that gauge? Has it been added to the end of the list and gone up a single numeral or has it seen that there are gaps available in the sequence?

Mark Adams     U.K.    Hovercontrol Certified Pilot

Bluebottle: Flying insect with unsavoury habits, irregular flight path, often lands inverted.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2010 at 11:47am
Audio Environment doesn't use a gauge, just the module.dll and that's being loaded before all other gauges according to Hans.

Dave.

Lars A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2010 at 6:30am

Hello Dave, here is my dll.xml (I know, it`s long):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Audio Environment Module</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Flight One Software\Audio Environment\AEMODULE.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Addon Manager</Name>
<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Captain Sim 767 Menu</Name>
<Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>PMDG Options</Name>
<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>PMDG Events</Name>
<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>'
<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>CPF_Menu FSX</Name>
<Path>CPflight\CPF_DLL_FSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
<Path>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XVistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Maddog 2008</Name>
<Path>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\LeonardoSH.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FeelThere EJetX Helper</Name>
<Path>FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Captain Sim Menu</Name>
<Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Ariane Protection</Name>
<DLLStartName>module_init</DLLStartName>
<DLLStopName>module_deinit</DLLStopName>
<Path>Ariane\Ariane.Protection.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Captain Sim 727 Menu</Name>
<Path>Captain_Sim\727\Captain_Sim.p727.menu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AFXModule</Name>
<Path>D:\Program Files\AFX\AFXModuleFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I tested several places/orders of the AEModule, it makes no difference for the crash, which mostly happens ca. 15 minutes after departing and in outsight view.

Thank you!

Lars

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2010 at 11:29am
If you run the AEModule uninstaller, do you still get the crash?

Dave.
Cirnoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirnoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2010 at 5:09pm
Hallo @all,

my further tests with the Issue:

- FSDreamscape Promesh installed or uninstalled doesnt have any effect on the bug at all -> still CTDs.
- AEMODULE.dll position in the dll.xml doesnt effect the bug at all -> still CTDs
- AEMODULE.dll removed from dll.xml-> No CTDs with any Helicopter but also no AE-Sound...
- AEMODULE.dll activated in the dll.xml BUT bglmanx.dll removed from dll.xml-> No CTDs with any Helicopter.
- bglmanx.dll is the latested Version from today, I even deleted the old file before reinstalling the FSDT-Addon Manager again.

Further Observations:
- Helicopter standing on ground and maintaining the same position takes the bug to appear much more time
- The Time for the bug to appear does vary
- Full-Screen or Window-Mode has no effect on the bug
- Diffrent View on the helicopter has no effect on the bug
- Leaving the airport area fast is nearly an instant crash guarantee
- I could replicate the bug 100 % when flying south from EDLW

=> For me the conclusion is so far that FSDT hasnt fix the bug beetween the bglmanx.dll and AEMODULE.dll not yet completly!

@Bluebottle: Yes the problem also exists with the standard Robinson R22 (details see below)

CTD-Reports:

Standard-Helicopter:

EH101 -> CTD

Problemereignisame:    BEX
Anwendungsname:    fsx.exe
Anwendungsversion:    10.0.61637.0
Anwendungszeitstempel:    46fadb14
Fehlermodulname:    AEMODULE.dll
Fehlermodulversion:    0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    4af2e100
Ausnahmeoffset:    000054c1
Ausnahmecode:    c0000417
Ausnahmedaten:    00000000
Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
Zusatzinformation 1:    a9a9
Zusatzinformation 2:    a9a9d24ad1ac00e294da238573bc17b8
Zusatzinformation 3:    e2fa
Zusatzinformation 4:    e2fa668c69db0b9425b867a67e8e33c8

Robinson_R22 -> CTD

Zusatzinformation 1:    a59d
Zusatzinformation 2:    a59d66672d85194f547936fd35bc24fb
Zusatzinformation 3:    4c0d
Zusatzinformation 4:    4c0d067474a9616ce7e95fd82c33a820

Bell206B -> CTD

Zusatzinformation 1:    d30a
Zusatzinformation 2:    d30a972243326f4b940baa84034badb3
Zusatzinformation 3:    b2ca
Zusatzinformation 4:    b2caf9a0f09735688c72a49ef4a05a43

Payware-Helicopter:

Nemeth EC-135 -> CTD

Zusatzinformation 1:    a59d
Zusatzinformation 2:    a59d66672d85194f547936fd35bc24fb
Zusatzinformation 3:    4c0d
Zusatzinformation 4:    4c0d067474a9616ce7e95fd82c33a820

With kind regards,

Smile Cirnoc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2010 at 4:44am
Hans thinks he may have found an answer to this. Looks like a Sim Connect Issue causing it. He has put a new module together with a workaround for the bug in Sim Connect, so if anyone who has already posted here can send me a PM, I can let you have the module to test. If it solves the problem, we can issue a patch.

We would also be interested to know if it solves the FSDreamTeam issue as well.

If you haven't already posted here, please do not request the module. Wait for the results of the test and an official release.

Dave.

Cirnoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirnoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2010 at 5:17am
Hallo Dave,

you have a PM. I will test the file tonight and come back with the results here.

Kind Regards,

Smile Cirnoc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2010 at 10:14am
Hi Cirnoc, did the module I sent cure your issue? If anyone else who posted with the same problem, please IM me so I can get you all to make sure the module works for you before release.

Dave

EDIT:
Just realised Cirnoc replied by email. Dave.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2010 at 4:34am
If anyone is having the crash with helicopters, can you please try this module.

http://files.100megabyte.com/betatest/AEModule_100413.zip

Download the new module from the link above. Before installing, browse to C:\Program Files (x86 if vista & win 7)\Flight One Software\Audio Environment, and run the file called "ModuleInstaller.exe" (as administrator if using vista or win 7). Select the right hand button "Uninstall the module from Flight Simulator". Then remove the AEModule.dll file from the Audio Environment folder to somewhere safe and rename it xAEModule.dll. Unzip the new module to the Audio Environment folder.

If you know how... edit your fsx.cfg file to remove the Trusted entry for the module.

Run the ModuleInstaller.exe file again and install the module using the left hand button. Next time you run FSX, you will be prompted to trust the module again.

Please post back if it works ok, or if it doesn't work, let us know if you edited the FSX.cfg file or not, whether you have FSDreamTeam manager installed and have followed instructions about updating it.

Dave.

Cirnoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirnoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2010 at 3:56pm
Hello @all,

my results (as I already sent Dave) with the new module are in short:
Robinson_R22 - No CTD
Nemeth EC135 - CTD
EH101 - CTD
Bell206B - CTD

Information I found on the Bucket-ID:
LCID:     1031
Bucket-ID:          1810853983
-----
Microsoft VBScript runtime  error '800a000d'
Type mismatch: 'EventId'
/display.asp, line 78

Invalid request
Event IDs cannot be larger than 65535
-----

FSDreamTeam manager is in use.

With kind regards,

Smile Cirnoc
darem View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2010 at 4:57pm
I had a couple of crashes with aesmodule.dll as well.

I fixed them by placing the call to the module at the END of the dll.xml.

Since then, not a single crash.
Cirnoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirnoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 4:24am
I would be happy if that bug could be solved that easy... but it doesnt. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 4:47am
Cirnoc,

Can you confirm that you have you tried uninstalling the AE module? Audio Environment works perfectly well without it. The module only controls the AI startup and shut down sounds. Something on your system is conflicting.

Dave.

Cirnoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirnoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2010 at 3:08pm
Hello Dave,

I did switch off the AEMODULE.dll (removed) in the dll.xml and I got no CTDs with any Helicopter but also no AE-Sound. So currently it is more a "trade-off" between two things... could you make any progress in solving the bug so far?

Kind Regards,

Smile Cirnoc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2010 at 3:35pm
There is no reason you should have stopped getting the AE sounds by disabling the module. They are not connected in any way. The module merely detects an aircraft starting up, distance and bearing then plays the startup sound. This suggest something is wrong on your system if you cannot hear the other Audio Environment sounds for the AI traffic.

Try updating your sound card drivers.

Also, don't just switch off the module, use the Moldule installer to uninstall as mentioned earlier in the thread. It would be worth checking that you have sounds installed to your AI in the Configuration Manager as well.

Dave.

Cirnoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cirnoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2010 at 5:41am
Hallo Dave,

"aircraft starting up"-Sound is what I meant with no AE-Sound - sorry for being unprecise. The rest of the AE-Sound (AI-Traffic, Airbus, Boeing, tbc.) just works fine and sounds excellent! Smile

Kind Regards,

Smile Cirnoc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2010 at 6:10am
Unfortunately, that module is the only way to resolve it.

We managed to get the crash replicated on a computer here and the new module fixes it. Make sure that you uninstall the old module using the ModuleInstaller.exe file, delete the old module from the Audio Environment and drop in the new downloaded one. Then run the ModuleInstaller.exe file to install it again.

It is also worth removing the Trusted entry from the FSX cfg file so it only prompts and trusts the new one.

I can't understand why it is not working on your computer. Also, it is a shame you are not using UT2 as the new "enhanced" internal sounds are amazing. MyTraffic X sound package is the next update being worked on, so hopefully we will get that online in a few weeks. (No promises or I get shot down in flames ;-)

Dave.

Lars A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2010 at 9:22am

Hello Dave, I made some more tests and unfortunately the problem continues to exist for me. I noticed that the other user with this problem is also located in germany. Could it be possible that the problem has something to do only with the german edition of the FSX-software?
Maybe your module doesn`t like the german FSX with helicopters.....

Until a possible solution I have deactivated the module Cry

Lars   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2010 at 12:43pm
Sorry to hear that the new module didn't work for you as when you contacted me before, you thought it had worked. Hans is taking another look to see if he can find any other possible causes. This one is a mystery...

Hope you can run without the module for a while until we can crack it.

Dave.
aritzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aritzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 12:11am

Although this thread hasn't been updated in some time I am experiencing the same CTD issue as listed in the original post and have tried all suggestions found in the thread without success. 

Is there a solution to this problem or is this still an outstanding problem?

Andreas
Festijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Festijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 7:09pm
Hi,

I'm suffering the same problem.
Always CTD with helicopter flight after a couple of minutes.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Grt
Festijn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 5:54am
This situation does only seem to apply when you have FSDreamteam installed and is not something we can do anything about. The only solution appears to be to uninstall the module.  Once a few aircraft have started moving around, you will not even notice it is missing.

I always start the sim several minutes before I want to fly anyway, so UT2 has time to build up lots of traffic movement.

I do not have FSDreamteam Manager installed since I reformatted my computer and can use the module and fly helicopters without any problem so it does point to the issue being with that. As such, I am afraid totally out of our control.
Festijn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Festijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2012 at 3:40pm
Hi,

I disabled the addon manager from FSDreamteam.
Unfortunaly FSX is still crashing while using the Helicopter.
So in the end I uninstalled the module. Now FSX is no longer crashing.

Is the startup sound the only thing missing withouth the module?

Regards
Festijn  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2012 at 6:00pm
The module only handles the startup sound. It detects the AI aircraft N1 speed (or some FSX action) and triggers the sound file. No other sound is affected by uninstalling the module.

If you have FS Dreamteam manager and have the issue, it sems to be the only solution to the problem.
JimBeamBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2013 at 6:37pm
Howdy y'all, I realize this is an OLD post BUT I am having this same problem.

I'm not a huge Heli guy but I have been wanting to fly around some of my great scenery lately and get a closer look, anyways I am finding flying the helicopters to be pretty fun (until FSX crashes with the AEMODULE.dll error) and want to se if any progress has been made on this in the past year?

OR is Dave still around and if so could I try that test module file?

Thanks, I would hate to have to uninstall the startup sounds for AE, it sounds so cool when the jets start up.

again thanks for any help.
EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 2080 RTX ; Creative Audigy Rx ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 ; LG 2560x1080 Ultrawide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2013 at 4:50am
The test module doesn't seem to have worked, so unfortunately, disabling the module is the only option if you have the issue.

You can easily re-enable it after flying a heli.
JimBeamBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2013 at 9:30pm
Thanks for get'n back to me Dave. I'll give that a shot.

Do I just run this to disable/uninstall it:

and then re-run it to re-enable?

sorry to be a bother Dave but I don't want to mess up anything.

thanks
Rob

EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 2080 RTX ; Creative Audigy Rx ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 ; LG 2560x1080 Ultrawide
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic