SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GEX HAS A SPECIAL GIFT COMING FOR ALL FSX USERS!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GEX HAS A SPECIAL GIFT COMING FOR ALL FSX USERS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 12:06pm

Originally posted by rpowers46 rpowers46 wrote:

Thanks Nick,1 last question (maybe).What about the scenery complexity slider?I'm not sure I see any difference in scenery as I slide it from dense all the way to right.Does this have a big effect on performance?Also AI traffic.I run commercial at 20% but  don't see difference in framerates if I slide it to maybe 40%.Thanks,Ron

Scenery Complexity at 3/4 or above can strain a system due to the traffic calls... FSX triggers the jetway gate calculations 50-150nm around the aircraft at all airports when the Scenery Complexity slider is at 3/4 or above. Most can run 3/4 to 100% if they keep their traffic low so the answer is do not raise AL traffic or you will see a hard hit

At the same time it depends on the system it can run 3/4 to 100% Complexity and the scene being flown..  I cant make that assesment

Every system I tune gets the same settings

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=26410&PID=149607#149607

and I back down by order of importance and what I see on the screen

1. AL/GA Traffic: 20-30% for most, better systems up to 59 no more with default AI but never set it to zero or below 20

2. Cars: with UTX v1.3 USA either turn cars OFF IN THE UTX TOOL or set no higher than 5-8% slider in FSX one of the two.

-Without UTX 8-15% max. Ships and boats between 15-25% depending

3. Airport Vehicles: LOW for most, MED for better systems, no higher

4. Autogen   100%- 3/4 to 1/2 no less than 1/2

5. Scenery Complexity 100%- 3/4 1/2 no less than 1/2

6. Thermal effects (set to NONE if stuttering in a thermal)

All other settings remain the same for all systems and use Nhancer for Nvidia cards

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=27540&PID=156769#156769

As for FSX.cfg edits.. these are the only ones I use:

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80 I use 70 to 80 depending on the system

WideViewAspect=True Because I use a widescreen monitor

DisablePreload=1 Which disables FSX from loading the default flight when FSX is first launched

Poolsize=70000000 Which is the bufferpool reserved video memory for scenery geometry around the aircraft. 512 cards really cant make much use of it and should never reserve more than 15MB, 640 cards 35MB and 768 cards 70-80MB. Many find leaving this edit out of the config is the best way to run

For visuals I also use the 4 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_ edits we know from FS9 to make airport light more realistic in scale with my resolution and monitor

other than that the FSX.cfg file never gets touched and I only use 1024 textures for ground, clouds, water and sky

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 4:48pm

Nick,Thanks.What and where are the "4 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_ edits we know from FS9 "?I have 28" monitor and 1920X1200 res.Also I have 8800GT /512 video and my Buffer Pool is set at 5,000,000.I have no idea why it is that value.Thanks again,Ron

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 4:52pm
Sorry,forgot 1 other thing.In my main FSX folder I have 2 folders for fsx cfg. FSX.cfg and fsx.cfg.text.Do I make changes in both ?thanks for your patience.Ron
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 11:14pm

Bufferpools set to 5000000 is doing nothing. Default is 4000000 with no bufferpool entry in the config. Either raise it to 10000000 or completely remove it if you do not notice any gain. It only helps with smoothness in turns when flying low over urban and flying low in bush over large amounts of autogen trees

[Main]
DisablePreload=1

[Display]

WideViewAspect=True   //If widescreen monitor in use otherwise False

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80  //Most will use 70

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.2 //adjust values to suit your scale
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.2
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.2
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0

[BUFFERPOOLS]
Poolsize=70000000   // 10000000 - 15000000 for 512MB cards, 35000000 for 640MB cards, 70000000 for 768MB cards and up. Most will not have that edit in the file.

The FSX.cfg file is NOT located in the main Flight Simulator X directory

The FSX config is located in XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

requires hidden files and folders be DISABLED to locate it

Only the FSX.cfg file need be edited

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 11:26pm

Sorry,I know where fsx.cfg is.Don't know why I said that.Brain fart.Thanks again for the patience.Ron

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2008 at 11:35pm

Originally posted by McCrash McCrash wrote:

Awesome! [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" />

When will this be available?

Before Christmas

McCrash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCrash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 7:15am
Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

Originally posted by McCrash McCrash wrote:

Awesome! [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" /> When will this be available?

Before Christmas

Hot dogs!
rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 8:47pm

Nick,You are "THE MAN".I followed all instructions and advice from above.Then I did your 1 month and 3 month maintenance.I am now running autogen and scenery complexity at max in rural areas and it is SMOOTH.Cut autogen back a little in big cities and is good.Cutting the road traffic back to 8% using UTX makes the traffic look a lot better.I like getting the autogen bldgs back.Thanks again for your patience and help.Ron

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by rpowers46 rpowers46 wrote:

Nick,You are "THE MAN".I followed all instructions and advice from above.Then I did your 1 month and 3 month maintenance.I am now running autogen and scenery complexity at max in rural areas and it is SMOOTH.Cut autogen back a little in big cities and is good.Cutting the road traffic back to 8% using UTX makes the traffic look a lot better.I like getting the autogen bldgs back.Thanks again for your patience and help.Ron

Its all about knowing how to set up correctly..   from Windows setup to the use of the RIGHT defrag solution and use it the RIGHT way and then setting up FSX correctly to take full advantage of the priority system

Most dont and sit there and swear they know better or listen to internet myths.

Enjoy

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2008 at 11:46pm

Nick.Thanks.Ron

jordanal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 9:53am

Just want to say "Thanks" to Nick and Anthony for such a thoughtful Christmas gift.  I look forward to installing these textures upon my return from a business trip back out to L.A. next week.   I hope you and your families have a wonderful Holiday Season as well.

Cheers!  Hug

Al Jordan

FSX Rig: i7 2600k, 4.8GHz / Asus P8Z68-V Pro / Mushkin DDR3-1600 8GB / EVGA GTX 570 GPU / TX850 PSU / Graphite 600T Case
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2008 at 6:25am

We are getting close to finishing the patch. Its very possible it may be posted next weekend. We are still tweaking and making changes however it is progressing very well and we dont see it being much longer.

The robust coloring and defined rooftops along with the enhanced night lighting works awesome with GEXn USA/Canada/Alaska and complements the GEX night world by adding in the missing elements the default autogen textures leave out.

This is a stunning addition with GEXn EU but even if you do not have any GEX product it adds a great touch to the FSX default textures

Here are some more images I took after the last build

DO NOTE: The very tall skyscrapers (center city Seattle) in the first 3 images are enhanced however they are not part of this patch. The job of upgrading the major city metro skyscrapers and the landmarks is a massive undertaking since there are thousands of textures which would need to be reviewed and changed.

This patch will include all the auto-generated buildings (houses, office, stores, and highrise surrounding those major metro buildings but will not include the custom center-city buildings or major landmarks

These shots include GEXn USA, UTX USA and SceneryTech Landclass however all the UTX night lighting features are disabled and not in use

Note to Lance... this time you got Seattle, Portland and SoCal instead of a PC-12  Hug

truck911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truck911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2008 at 8:58am

Nick and Anthony, thank you for the wonderful thought and very generous offer.  You owe us nothing and yet in usual style continue to support and reward the members of the community. 

I wish you and everyone a Merry Christmas and all the very best in the New-Year.

Regards,

Gary

HAF932|Z170-Deluxe|i7-6700K@4.6 GHz|NH-D14| 2x8GB 3000GHz 15-16-16-35|iNTEL 750 AIC800GB Pcie SSD| W10 Pro|GTX 980Ti RM850i PSU|SMT750 UPS|ASUS 27"
bushpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2008 at 2:55pm
Looking great! I think I will be doing a lot of low and slow night time flying after that patchSmileClap
meshman View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meshman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2008 at 3:00pm

Note to Lance... this time you got Seattle, Portland and SoCal instead of a PC-12  Hug

So I'm scrolling through the pictures... Thinking "there's that cruddy default plane again..." LOL

Looking forward to the release!

FalconAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalconAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2008 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by meshman meshman wrote:

So I'm scrolling through the pictures... Thinking "there's that cruddy default plane again..." LOL

Heck, as long as Nick keeps turning out scenery like in the pics, as far as I'm concerned he can post pics of himself flying a broomstick and wearing a pointy black hat.  Or even that "Flying Pig" from FS9.  Works for me!  LOL

Rick   

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2008 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by FalconAF FalconAF wrote:

Originally posted by meshman meshman wrote:

Heck, as long as Nick keeps turning out scenery like in the pics, as far as I'm concerned he can post pics of himself flying a broomstick and wearing a pointy black hat.  Or even that "Flying Pig" from FS9.  Works for me!  LOL

Rick   

Hmmmmmm

First Hedi with a feather, then Samantha on a broomstick in 'garb' appearing with farm animals  Pig Pig Pig Pig

Shocked

oh... wait,.. your from Vegas, nevermind. I was worried something abnormal was going on for a moment Approve

FalconAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalconAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2008 at 9:28pm

Hey!  Leave me alone!  Get back to work on GEXn EU. 

And on second thought...maybe you shouldn't use a broomstick in your flying picture posts.  I don't think they come with autopilots, and I'd hate to see you...

Big%20smile

Rick

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2008 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by FalconAF FalconAF wrote:

Hey!  Leave me alone!  Get back to work on GEXn EU. 

And on second thought...maybe you shouldn't use a broomstick in your flying picture posts.  I don't think they come with autopilots, and I'd hate to see you...

Big%20smile

Rick

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2008 at 12:28am

OK Eveyone..

Testing is complete on the patch. We are wrapping up instructions and the upload package for the sim library systems

It should be posted within the next 48 hours

flyinjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2008 at 5:07pm

These shots include GEXn USA, UTX USA and SceneryTech Landclass however all the UTX night lighting features are disabled and not in use

I always wondered why my night flights never looked like your preview shot night flights.  I never knew I had to disable the night light features in UTX.  Glad I stumbled across this thread.

OpaJu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OpaJu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2008 at 4:31am

Hey Guys!

Thanks a lot for this beautyful Gift! Clap Clap Clap

Y downloadet it just in this Moment.

Merry Christmas from

Martin

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2008 at 7:50pm

Thanks Martin

and a very Merry Christmas to you as well!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic