SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nick, Anthony, GEX Team

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalconAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nick, Anthony, GEX Team
    Posted: February-12-2008 at 11:00am

I refrained from posting anything during the "hoopla" (EDIT - I meant that to mean "anticipation") surrounding the GEX Enhanced development/release process.  I did watch the forum and was very intrigued by the screenshots posted, etc.

I can't refrain anymore.  I have just flown with GEX Enhanced for the past 3 hours in several different locations in FSX, during day, dawn/dusk, and night time periods.

I have been a real-world licensed pilot for over 30 years.  And I have never seen anything while flying on my computer as incredible as I have seen in the last 3 hours. 

Gentlemen, you have raised the standard of flight simulation by a magnitude.  The winter textures are simply amazing.  The night lighting is incredible.  Combined with my UTX Canada/Alaska, FEX, FS Genesis, and the various Landclass addons you recommended, my experience over the past 3 hours has been the absolute closest thing to real-world visuals I have ever experienced while flight simming.

I could go on and on about what I think you have done, but words alone could not describe it.  It is the sensation of "being there" now that is astounding. 

To Nick, Anthony, the entire GEX Team, and anybody else who played a part in this production, you deserve an immense "THANK YOU!" for all of your efforts.  I thought FSX was pretty darn good prior to GEX Enhanced.  There is simply no comparison anymore.  Your efforts will make the flight sim community stand up and cheer, and have raised the bar for future flight sim development.

My sincere congratulations and thanks for one heck of an outstanding contribution to FSX.

FalconAF   

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 11:14am

Just 3 things I want to say...  

YOUR WELCOME   

Being a RW pilot you are the person that we were targeting for final production... you guys KNOW the difference from the air

Rest assured, I will never post hoopla and if I do not believe in something I will not be associated with it, for free or compensation, ever

Vigilius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vigilius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 11:15am
I agree with FalconAF Wink
Anthony Vos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Vos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 11:20am

Thank you for your kind words, Falcon!

Your comments make Nick, Steve and I very proud Smile

bunchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 11:49am
I would like to second Falcon.

It is purely and simply staggering work.

Also, being released around the same time as Pete Dowson fixed the wind shift issues, it feels like a born again sim.

Thank you all very much indeed.

Stu
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 11:58am

Did PETE NAIL THAT???

Gotta go give him a THUMBS UP

hes been banging his head on the desk for a long time trying to get Aces to deal with that and trying to fix it himself

JoeD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 12:13pm

Yes, very impressive! Clap

The textures, lighting/shader effects etc really raise the bar and set a new standard.

That "washed out" look is now gone.  Night and winter flying  has taken a major step torwards being more realistic. Smile

Thank you Nick, Anthony and everyone involved. 

FalconAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalconAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 12:26pm

Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

Rest assured, I will never post hoopla

Nick,

Heh - heh!  In retrospect, I should have used a better word than "hoopla" in my original post.  It wasn't meant to be derogitory.  "Anticipation" was what I was trying to say.  Sometimes the ol' brain gets foggy at my age.  Big%20smile  I edited my first post.  Embarrassed

Rick

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by FalconAF FalconAF wrote:

Originally posted by NickN NickN wrote:

Rest assured, I will never post hoopla

Nick,

Heh - heh!  In retrospect, I should have used a better word than "hoopla" in my original post.  It wasn't meant to be derogitory.  "Anticipation" was what I was trying to say.  Sometimes the ol' brain gets foggy at my age.  Big%20smile  I edited my first post.  Embarrassed

Rick

LOL!!!

Anticipation can be a form of hoopla

post your mind because good communications are what it is all about

Anyone who does not know me, Flight1, Anthony or this product may think what was posted was hoopla...   I just wanted to be sure you know, I wont post that kind of stuff and even though its not hoopla, none of these fine people involved with this project asked me to post anything either.

I wanted people to get the message, YOU CAN HAVE MORE!  Tongue

Thanks for the kind words and the follow up!.. and most important ENJOY YOUR FLIGHTS!   Big%20smile

3ra_Luke View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ra_Luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 3:42pm

Today I had some time to fly over USA and..... HATS OFF, GENTLEMEN!!!

What was almost perfect, now is simply amazing. The new nhancer "treatment" has risen the bar even more.

Tnx Anthony, Nick (also tnx for your great explanations about landclass and how it affects to FSX world , and for your FSX tips on simaviation forums) and the others members of the team.  I cant wait for GEX Europe!!

ClapClapClapClapClap 

pbearsailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbearsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 4:29pm
I'm another real world 30 year pilot and agree with everything Falcon said. GEX was really good before, but now, wow it is just SO impressive.

I recently upgraded from a 4200x2 AMD 7800GT to a 6850 core 2 duo and an 8800GT and with the new GEX, FSX is just REAL outside now. I look down and see what I'd see in a real plane.

Fabulous job Nick and so impressed with the subtlety of your colors.

Ummmm, I'm happy.

cheers,
steve
JimC1702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimC1702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 7:52pm

WOW!  Breathtaking is the only word to describe the new GEX.  I had to wait till I got home from work tonight to install it and all went smoothly. 

I loaded up a flight at my home airport in upstate NY and took off.  First thing I noticed was the greatly improved winter textures.  Now everthing isn't just white, there's foliage showing just as it should.  And the shading shows off the terrain much better. 

I flew up over the Adirondack Mountains and then switched to summer.  That really showed off the magic.  Everything is crisper and sharper now, there's a much greater variety in ground textures and also on the mountains.  Even roads and streams seem to show up better.  It really looks spectacular.

Right now I'm using FSG Landclass but I also have Scenery Tech installed and I'll be switching back and forth to see which works better.

Thanks so much for this update, it's fantastic!

Jim

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 8:46pm

I totally concur.As I was taking my first flight with GEXen and I thought I should start a new topic congratulating Nick,Anthony and the team on a superb job and getting all the accolades off the support topic.Happy to see the new topic has already been started.Thanks for the great work!Ron

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic