SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WOW: Banff... Check this out !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOW: Banff... Check this out !
    Posted: February-12-2008 at 9:32am

Nice work guys. Actually AMAZING CHANGE !!!
As Nick said GEX Enhanced with the right landclass is night and day different.

Check out these compares of Banff, AB:
**note the view point is NOT exactly the same,
but compare the difference in the mountain textures

1. WOW! Loaded with GEX Enhnaced, UTX, Scenery Tech Landclass
http://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/92867058/original

2. Same as above but without Scenery Tech Landclass
http://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/92867060/original

3. Old GEX Banff with Scenery Tech, UTX
http://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/92867057/original

4. Default FSX Banff
http://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/68141972/original

5. Real World View of Same
http://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/65208901/original

Jack2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 9:32am

Here's the WOW shot for the forum record!

sinjun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 10:02am
Wow great picture Jack.  I live in Calgary and am always checking out Banff to see how my add-ons make it look better.  Are you useing any new Mesh add-ons?  I am using Fsgenesis and the Banff airport is in a bit of a hole.  Also how do you like the scenerytech lc in the City of Calgary?  I found it put some towns out to the west that aren't there in reality.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 10:12am

See...   how much you were missing and enhanced or not it was never GEX in that case to begin with.. it was the landclass

Jack2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 10:44am

Nick your the man!
Banff is near to home and an area I love to fly, it used to be lacking very much in FSX, now its a highlight !

sinjun - I prefer in general not to use add on mesh as it creates issues with sunken airports, and cliffs along water bodies etc.
I do have 19m mesh for Banff but its not being used in the WOW screenshot above
and is not used in general. It is on in pic number 2 above, as I see
the sunken airport :)

Just try turning yours on/off see what you like, I found it makes no difference most of the time when flying and it messes up airports when landing, the default mesh in Canada works fine for me.

The exception is add on mesh in packages that Holger and Jon create for there products like Vancouver Plus FSX, victoria plus FSX, etc. Their team takes the time needed to correct issues and it looks great.

Scenery Tech LC does not look good so far in Calgary, its missing too much.
NOSE HILL for example is not grass , its all houses.
McCall Lake Golf course is all houses, too

But its worth the cost to me for what it does at Banff!

Jack2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 11:13am

Just another note on Scenery Tech LC and UTX.

I tired the sandwich suggestion it works fine in Banff,
but it still seems to leave the issues in Calgary mentioned above.

I have to turn it off to fly in Calgary.

Hopefully someone will create a lc for Calgary that can go on top of all of them.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 12:00pm

Sorry... as I posted not all of them work perfect in every area but usually one of them will nail it. In this case I guess Calgary needs work by all of them

:(

Jack2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 1:12pm

Just as you said, actually both look fine just different,
I can create a ez-landclass simple landclass overlay for Nosehill and the golf course someday.

Just finished more flying, truly an amazing sim now.
I have to get my online flying friends to buy in so we all can be amazed.

MS should hire all of you and sell GEX, UTX and the landclass as FSX 11 !

cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 1:50pm
Wow is right! I installed GEX Enhanced yesterday but haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet.
John Patterson
Jack2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 3:01pm

Here's a real world shot of the same view:

I'd say the enhanced FSX is doing very well to sim it.

darrme View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2008 at 12:27am

Originally posted by sinjun sinjun wrote:

Wow great picture Jack.  I live in Calgary and am always checking out Banff to see how my add-ons make it look better.  Are you useing any new Mesh add-ons?  I am using Fsgenesis and the Banff airport is in a bit of a hole.  Also how do you like the scenerytech lc in the City of Calgary?  I found it put some towns out to the west that aren't there in reality.

Hello, sinjun! I have just recieved an e-mail yesterday from SceneryTech, and they said that they are finaly going to be addressing the issue of town's showing up in areas that don't belong!

i have e-mailed them 6 time's over the last year and this is the first time they said they will be fixing it, they said, that the update should be out in a weak or so?

Hey it only took me a year to get a reply!ShockedLOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic