SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - effects issue fixes for FS9 UT Europe and Canada?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

effects issue fixes for FS9 UT Europe and Canada?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: effects issue fixes for FS9 UT Europe and Canada?
    Posted: July-07-2007 at 4:37am
will we see the same patch hopefully soon for UT: Canada/Alaska and UT:Europe for FS9 to help with the memory errors like we did for UT USA?

I know the FSX versions are taking up a lot of time, but it would be nice to get back my performance without having to disable the beautiful coastlines!!

Thank you,
Alex
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2007 at 6:25pm

Alex.   The FSX versions are at the forefront right now, due to commitments regarding the commercial data vendors.

However, I will try and look into this.   We still have lots of FS9 users and have no plans to drop the FS9 versions of UT.

I was hoping to get patches out for Canada and Europe that addresses all reported enhancement requests.  But, full patches for Canada and Europe won't be happening in the next 3 or 4 months.    The coastline issue may not be too difficult to fix and release.  So, maybe we can squeeze it in somewhere.

After the UTX versions are released, we will also look at the feasibility of releasing brand new 2.0 versions for FS9, using some of the features in our FSX versions. 

Allen

big_al View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2007 at 7:09pm
Hello Allen,

Thank you for all your work. I completely understand the FSX versions are important, but if you could patch canada/europe so we dont have those texture and effects files calling every second that leads to crashes and memory leaks it would be great. Then later down the road some more fixes... but until then, I really am disappointed I can't fly for many hours around these areas. Please fix them as soon as you can! Thank you again

-Alex
big_al View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2007 at 1:13pm
Just had another OOM error when flying in Europe. I know UTX is the new product but please please please allow us to fly with all the features of UT in FS9! Please release the patches for Canada/Alaska and Europe!
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2007 at 11:46pm

yep, it is still on the list of things to do.   The problem is that I am up against a deadline right now that will be very expensive if missed.   As a result, I will be working very long hours as it is through the end of the year :(

If the coastline recompile issue could be done quickly, I would try and squeeze it in.    I guess that we could do a rush job on the coastline patch and hope for the best.  But, I would really hate to do that.

I will try and see what I can do.  But, I am kind of sweathing things out right now as it is.

Allen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic