SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Testing out new Flightplan Phase

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testing out new Flightplan Phase
    Posted: May-28-2013 at 1:06pm
I downloaded the new beta and inputted my destination as KPHX from KLAS. I entered in FL290 for cruise. I went to flight plan options button with FSX Nav data set to default and entered in the route: PRFUM2 PRFUM MAIER5.

Clicked ok and went into FS and click the enroute weather reports window and it shows "no metar stations available.

I then tried again but directed the FSX nav data directory to C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\NAVDATA where the navdata files are for PMDG. Nothing on the enroute reports window.

I tried entering in a more filled route of SJC9 PXN CZQ BIH LIDAT BTY SUNST3 repeating the steps above with default directory and user defined and the enroute reports window still said no metar stations available.

What am I doing wrong? Does it still only allow inputted METAR stations only like KLAS and KPHX as valid entries? Has this just been able to load but not display yet with the waypoint data?
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 1:30pm
It will now accept all Nav aids and waypoints as described in the Announcements. But you must have the standard Navigraph Navdata Navaid.txt and Waypoints.txt files existing in either the standard Navigraph folder.

<FSX>\Navigraph\Navdata\...

Or the folder you identify in the dialog.

When you enter a FP the software will extract all navaid and waypoint info from the above text files into DAT files in the OpusFSX folder. It then uses this data to identify your FP points and add all the appropriate METARs, if they are not already included in the download list that is.

So check to see that you have the standard Navaids.txt and Waypoints.txt files in your identified or default Navigraph Navdata folder. Without these standard text files the software will not be able to extract the navigation data.

Of course after specifying a flight plan you must update the weather to actually download the METARs.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 1:35pm
Do you have Navaids.txt and Waypoints.txt files in the folder as you do in the Navigraph\Navdata folder?

If so does the entry format match the following Navigraph content format?

For example,

Navaids.txt
1B,SABLE ISLAND,277.000,0,0,195,43.930556,-60.022806,0,CY,0

Waypoints.txt
BURGU,-32.969722,118.655556,YM

If the filename and file formats match I will simply be able to allow you to identify your Navdata folder with a Browse button. If they are different then I will have to provide more options to identify the filename and format conventions.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 1:38pm
The above is a copy of a previous post. The software relies on the above two .txt files and the standard Navigraph content format to extract the navaid and waypoint data for flight planning.

Stephen
WebMaximus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 3:02pm
I'm interested in this as well and looking at my system I don't have a Navigraph folder under my FSX main folder. I do however have two Navdata folders elsewhere, one under ...FSX\Aivlasoft and one under ...FSX\PMDG.
Guess it doesn't matter which one of these two I point to since they should be holding the same info when they are both using the latest (and same) AIRAC cycle?

Also I didn't find the above mentioned text files in any of these two locations. The files I have in both locations under my Navdata folder are named as below...

airports.dat
cycle_info.txt
fmc_ident.txt
wpnavaid.txt
wpnavapt.txt
wpnavfix.txt
wpnavrte.txt

...but assume this still is the correct folder to point out?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 3:27pm
the current phase of software just uses the above standard Navigraph Navdata text filenames and file formats as described above and announced in the GRIB flight planning topic. You should check your wpnavaid.txt and wpnavfix.txt files (or others) to see if they contain the above Navigraph Navdata in the above specified formats. If you do identify the files you could copy and rename them for the time being into a standard Navigraph Navdata folder or a folder of your choosing.

I will only implement other formats once they are identified and reported, but for now its just the standard Navigraph. I was led to believe the above Navaids and Waypoints text files existed with other sources of Navigraph (or rival) cycle data.

There were announcements and feedback posted in the GRIB Flight Planning topic which resulted in the current phase of development.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 4:01pm
I will of course add options to accommodate other formats or file name conventions in subsequent betas just as soon as they have been identified.

Stephen
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

I will of course add options to accommodate other formats or file name conventions in subsequent betas just as soon as they have been identified.

Stephen

I assume you mean AS Navdata Pro Stephen ?
Julian
Opus, GEX, UTX, FEX GTN750 Super Kingair P3D Supporter
WebMaximus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebMaximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 6:12pm
Ok, I might try this tomorrow
russianspd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 7:08pm
I have Navrigraph data for PMDG. You can buy an entire cycle for all addons or you can just buy the nav data for whichever addon you need it for. The only data I have available is for PMDG through navigraph. The location is C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\NAVDATA the FS root folder should be the same for all users. The files listed are:
airport.dat
cycle_info.txt
fmc_ident.txt
wpnavaid.txt
wpnavapt.txt
wpnavfix.txt
wpnavrte.txt

I'm assuming the ones you want are navaid, fix, and rte (route). Is it not folding it because it's looking for an Navigraph folder??? Or is it because it is just in a different format than what just the navigraph cycle is.

I DO think there was some confusion when people initially said they use navigraph. YES everyone uses Navigraph for their route information BUT there are different addons formatted differently to use that data. (do you use PMDG and are you able to get data extracted? Do you have JUST the Navigraph data cycles and no cycles specific for PMDG?)

I think initially we should have compiled a primary list of addons we would want OPUS to be able to extract data for, PMDG, IFLY, PSS, AEROSOFT.
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 7:25pm
I see that NavData pro uses the same file name conventions, naturaly it would for the likes of PMDG, aerosoft etc, what I am confused about, is whether Opus will read it, not being Navagraph.
Julian
russianspd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianspd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by ZK-SUH ZK-SUH wrote:

I see that NavData pro uses the same file name conventions, naturaly it would for the likes of PMDG, aerosoft etc, what I am confused about, is whether Opus will read it, not being Navagraph.

Seems like it just reads the navigraph portion and hasn't been configured for other addon sets such as IFLY, PMDG, AEROSOFT.
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2013 at 8:22pm
I think your spot on, just tested it and does not read navDataPro. I know Stephen stated that, I am just a bit thick :)
Julian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 3:18am
The PMDG wp... files are NOT in the standard Navigraph Navdata format as described above so these cannot be used at present.

Once more, as announced prior to the beta release this version just reads the following standard Navigraph Navdata format, you only need to open your text file to see if this matches on your system. I did ask people if they had a Navigraph/Navdata folder and files before implementing the software,

Navaids.txt
1B,SABLE ISLAND,277.000,0,0,195,43.930556,-60.022806,0,CY,0

Waypoints.txt
BURGU,-32.969722,118.655556,YM

If the filename and file formats match I will simply be able to allow you to identify your Navdata folder with a Browse button. If they are different then I will have to provide more options to identify the filename and format conventions.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 3:33am
I had better ask again ...

Does anyone have the <FSX>\Navigraph\Navdata folder installed on their system and the associated Navaids.txt and Waypoints.txt files.

For those using NavDataPro, can you confirm if you have the associated Navaids.txt and Waypoints.txt files and if they contents are in the above format. I thought this had been confirmed before but that may not be the case.

If you do not have the Navigraph text files then what files do you have ?

I have the Navigraph and PMDG files on my system but do not have NavDataPro. But I will try and accommodate all options.

Stephen Thumbs Up
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:00am
D:\FSX\NavdataPro\NavData
Contents:
Folder> PROC
txt Files:
airports
ats
cycle_info
navaids
Navdata.nav
waypoints

Hope this helps Stephen
Julian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:01am

In the meantime I will have a go at recognising and decoding the wpnavaid.txt and wpnavfix.txt files.

Stephen
alpha117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:02am
I can confirm that the NavDataPro files are the same

There are the following files in:

FSX\NavDataPro\NavData

Navaids.txt
waypoints.txt

ProATC-X,Multi Crew Experience, AivalaSoft EFB, CaptainSim 1.5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:04am
Hi Julian

It does, could have a peek inside the Navaids and Waypoints text files and check that the data is in the standard Navigraph format. If so it looks like I've only got to recognise the wp... type files and virtually everything will be covered.

Stephen Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:05am
Excellent. You should simply be able to Browse and identify your <FSX>\NavDataPro\NavData folder and the FP Assistant should be able to decode the files and prepare its own NAVAIDS.DAT and WAYPOINTS.DAT files in your OpusFSX folder.

Stephen Big smile
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:16am
Here is a sample of Navaids:
1A,WILLIAMS HARBOUR,373.000,0,0,110,52.55889,-55.78222,0,CY,0
1B,SABLE ISLAND,277.000,0,0,110,43.93056,-60.02278,0,CY,0
1D,CHARLOTTETOWN,346.000,0,0,110,52.77541,-56.12596,0,CY,0
1E,BLACK TICKLE,349.000,0,0,110,53.46713,-55.78866,0,CY,0
1F,BATHURST,363.000,0,0,110,47.63058,-65.74459,0,CY,0
1L,FIREBAG,400.000,0,0,110,57.28066,-110.97223,0,CY,0
1U,MASSET,278.000,0,0,110,54.03167,-132.12722,0,CY,0

Waypoints

GGEEA,-28.78326,117.21640,YM
GGEEB,-28.87798,117.23301,YM
GGEEC,-28.92409,117.13753,YM
GGEEF,-28.80405,117.06282,YM
GGEEH,-28.74476,116.92683,YM
GGEEI,-28.84104,117.14788,YM
GGEEM,-28.76701,116.97781,YM
GGEWD,-28.74468,116.72651,YM
GGEWE,-28.64989,116.71040,YM
GGEWF,-28.72429,116.88008,YM
GGEWG,-28.60409,116.80583,YM
GGEWH,-28.78367,117.01599,YM
GGEWI,-28.68712,116.79521,YM
GGEWM,-28.76142,116.96500,YM

Julian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:19am
Perfect, they are both in standard Navigraph format. Looks like PMDG just uses a different file format from Navigraph. I will get a new Beta out soon to accommodate both.

Stephen Thumbs Up
alpha117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 4:27am
Hi Stephen,

I go into 'flightplan options' and set the 'FSX NAVIGRAPH NAVdata Folder' to 'FSX\NavDataPro\NavData'.

Click OK. If I go back into flight plan options it is blank.

Looks like it does not save it

ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 5:14am
I just tried that too Clive, and your right, it does not save it.
Julian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 5:30am
Problem fixed. It was saving it but not displaying the changed path in the dialog.

I have just posted Beta Version 3.03.1 which includes the above fix and also now accommodates the Navigraph Navdata for PMDG, decoding the wpnavaid.txt and wpnavfix.txt files. Simply Browse to your <SIM>\PMDG\NAVDATA folder and the software should find the wp files and decode them. See the Announcements.

Stephen Smile
ZK-SUH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZK-SUH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:01am
Thank you Stephen.
Julian
alpha117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:06am
Many thanks.

...trying to multi task today Ermm, even on my week off work. Flying, writing manuals and drinking lots of coffee, not good. 

Who said holidays were easierTongue.

Right now teaching looks easier.......still have books to mark before Monday..Oh well!!

electric man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:11am
Hi Stephen, great news, it works for the iFly 737 like a breeze; didn' t try it in the Wilco airbus yet but if Opus gets the data from the iFly folder, where my navdata is then that should work fine to, great job
Herman
alpha117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:20am
Right I'm confused...nothing new there then!

What path do I set, if I fly various aircraft: PMDG, Majestic etc.

I have it currently set to:
FSx\NavDataPro|NavData

is that correct?

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:24am
Once you have identified the location of your Navdata the software decodes this data and stores the nav data in the OpusFSX\NAVAIDS.DAT and OpusFSX\WAYPOINTS.DAT files. It will extract and save the relevent nav data whenever the DAT file is missing or it sees that the source text file has a different last modified date/time. So you only need one source of nav data on your system and it will work with everything.

At present if you identify a different source it will only extract the new data if the file last modified dates differ, they should, so everything should be OK. If in doubt, delete the Opus NAVAIDS and WAYPOINTS DAT files and it will extract the data again.

Once this phase has had a bit of use, or even now I guess, I will start thinking of the next phase. I want to create an OpusFlightReport.txt file giving all the forecasted upper winds for the journey. My present thought is perhaps to bracket the specified Max Cruise Altitude or use the altitude list specified in the FP dialog. I also want to include the ability to read a prepared flight plan and get the data that way.

I'm not much of a long haul flyer myself, just medium distance and just fill in the forecasted winds within the FMC. So I will take guidance from everyone when it comes to the content of the OpusFlightReport file.

Stephen Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:29am
Hi alpha117

That sounds just fine to me.

Just identify the folder where your Navdata text files are stored, whether it be a Navigraph or a NavDataPro folder, or even the PMDG Navdata folder. The current software looks for the standard Navaids and Waypoints text files first, if it doesn't find them, it looks for the PMDG type wpnavaid.txt and wpnavfix.txt Navigraph files and decodes them.

Stephen
peebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:30am
Hi Stephen, I think what might be happening here is that there's quite a number of different aircraft and planning software uses Navigraph. Some access it through the FSX/navigraph and others have there own navigraph folder within the parent aircraft folder. If that makes sense. The format might well be slightly different??
Phil
alpha117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:37am
Good Point. We have our own Nav Data also (ProATC/X). So when using OPUS along with ProATC/X, during the flight planning stage, it would be nice to have the report opened within ProATC/X.
 Stephen, when will you have this report ready for testing?

betampona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betampona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:38am
Hello, with the flight plan for PARIS Le Bourget to NICE: LFPB PILUL UM975 UM730 LUSAR UQ223 Milpa KOGAS UQ225 VEVAR LFMN
Here the weather stations that I got: LFPB, LFLA no metar, LFPM, LFQB no metar, LFGJ, LFLM no metar, LFSD, LSGG, FZG, LFXA no metar, LFHM no metar, LIMZ, LIMA, LIMK, LFMN
good Flights

Avions PMDG 737 NGX
niveau FL330

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:43am
You only need to identify a single source of Navdata, currently just the standard Navigraph (also the same as NavDataPro I believe) or the PMDG Navigraph formats specified above. All the nav aids and waypoints are the same for all.

After identifying the Navdata source you can enter your flight plan. Just remember to then force a weather update to download the METARs. Until then there will be no METAR data since it hasn't been downloaded.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:45am
You do not have to identify different sets of Navdata for different aircraft types or addon options. The nav aids and waypoints (fixes) are the same.

Stephen
alpha117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 6:52am
OK, tried to get a weather report for a route. No FSX running!!

Entered route:

N0424F330 ANEKI Y163 HERBI Y164 OLBEN UN869 MILPA/N0442F350 UN852 VERSO UL129 LUNIK/0151

Route did not save, just like the previous issue.

Plus there is no report (OPUSWeatherREPORT)

I pressed updated weather, but no weather update.

It would be nice if the weather report could be generated without FSX running; as part of 'pre flight'

Or have I missed something?

Clive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 7:16am
The route does not save, its only temporary at the moment.

You need FSX running and you need GRIB data for the OpusWeatherReport.txt file. Nothing has changed there. You cannot generate weather without FSX running since it is FSX that tells Opus where you are !

Yes you have missed something ... OpusFSX needs to interface with FSX or P3D to find out where your aircraft is located so it can then download the appropriate METARs and generate the weather etc.

Run FSX and OpusFSX. It cannot download the METARs and build the 800 x 800 mile weather map without knowing where you are on the globe.

Stephen Smile

electric man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 7:46am
Hi Alpha117, I just put the navdata folder from the iFly737 in Opus, this should be the same for PMDG so it should look like this; C:\program files\MicrosoftflightsimulatorX\PMDG\navdata
  and the start up FSX and then put the flightplan in the Opus weather tab but only with the names of the waypoints, not the number and names of the airways so for you this would be ANEKI HERBI OLBEN etc. and then you will get all the metar stations along the way in the opus report , hope this helps some of you guys,
Herman
alpha117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpha117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2013 at 8:15am
Agree that OPUS needs to know:

1. Start location (ICAO)
2. Route
3. end Location (ICAO)

Just thinking out loud here, bear with me.  Thinking about 'pre-flight', before you get on the flight deck.

1. generate route
2. get route weather, plus weather for alternates
3. Plan fuel (taking into account PAX and weather etc.)
4. Re-generate route as necessary

You therefore would know about the route and weather before you even get aboard.
Just like receiving 'dispatch'

What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic