SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 162 SkyCatcher
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steam Compatible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksheadley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steam Compatible?
    Posted: January-13-2015 at 6:35am
Ok, First of all, this product installed into boxed FSX just fine..but at this time with FSX issues with 8.1 pro, I am now dependant on FSX-SE.

The aircraft installed into steam, but I have no displays on the panel...it's not even turning them on (dll conflict with steam maybe) or maybe the installer and key file are still making entries for FSX boxed path?

When you guys get the chance, please look into this...I know SE is new and with a new update things are bound to be a bit polluted.

Thanks
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2015 at 1:40pm
Currently, the 162 is not compatible with FSX-SE. Our dev team is currently evaluating all our addons to see which ones can be properly converted to work with FSX-SE without the need to spend a ton of dev time to support the new platform. Stay tuned to the forum or our Facebook page for any future announcements.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
ksheadley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksheadley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2015 at 3:30pm
Thanks Jeff.  I will keep an eye out for an update.
gtfreeflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtfreeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2015 at 11:14pm
Hi I just found this thread after experiencing the same issue of no display on the GPS screens (and transponder).  I just bought the plane an hour ago.  I also have the steam edition and when downloading the plane I saw no warning that this plane isn't compatible with FSX-SE.  Can I get a refund?  Perhaps I can wait if you have an estimate of how long it will take for an update to come around to provide compatibility.

Thanks.
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2015 at 6:18am
Refunds are readily available within the first 30 days after purchase.  Simply submit a ticket to Flight1 with your details and ask for one. Submit a ticket here: http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp
DJ
gtfreeflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtfreeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2015 at 10:43am
I will try to load my boxed version of FSX first as I'd really like to keep the Skycatcher model if possible.  I just took my first flight in a real one yesterday morning and the F1 model interior and cockpit display is identical to the plane I flew. 

Any known issues having FSX and FSX-SE on the same machine?
kitzka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitzka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2016 at 10:46am
Just voting for the support.
Please keep the skycatcher for the steam edition! I enjoy flying this little machine!

In a mean while though, I am on a same vote with gtfreeflyer. I hope no warning is a sign that dev team is looking to make it compatible real soon. Otherwise, it's a bit disingenuous not to have any warning. Crossing my fingers!
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2016 at 3:15pm
Hello,

We wouldn't post a warning about not supporting a particular OS. The system requirements at the bottom of our product pages outline what OS we support for each product. If it isn't there, it isn't supported.

As far as Steam support, it is up to dev if they decide or not to support the Steam version. The boxed version works great and we are only providing Steam updates on a time available basis if we feel there is minimal dev time to make the product compatible. Otherwise, we suggest installing both version of FSX on your machine and using the appropriate version for compatibility until updates if or when become available.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Cousarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cousarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2016 at 5:48pm
I actually purchased this as well, not realizing that there were significant differences between the steam and boxed version of FSX that would prevent me from using this software. I have requested a refund, but I recommend clearly stating on the product page that the Steam Edition of FSX is not supported. I have never encountered any other program that had compatibility issues between the steam and boxed versions and so did not expect that this would be an issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic