SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Product Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SSTSIM Licence Error Prevents FS9 Launch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Dalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SSTSIM Licence Error Prevents FS9 Launch
    Posted: July-10-2018 at 5:39pm
Hi There,

It's been a long time since I've loaded up the flight sim so I've forgotten a lot about the configuration but there was a time when I was making flights using the Delco INS and getting perfect rated flights on FSPax. I want to start using the Concorde sim again and I've just tried to launch FS2004 which was previously working after I transfered the SSTSIM licence to it in 2015 but now I'm getting an error on launch which then closes the application. The error happens at the same moment every time which is just after the FS2004 splash screen appears.

SSTSIM Error!

Invalid licence
Flight Simulator will now exit

(It then closes back to the desktop and this happens with every attempt)

I've not encountered this error before so am not sure on the best course of action. I have kept backups of all the files including the licence file so is there a way I can reinstall the licence? It was last working a few years ago so since then I must have moved folders around or deleted something that is causing this error.

Thanks for any advice.
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2018 at 10:08pm
Hello,

I would reinstall the product using the original download on the software.

Make sure your antivirus and firewalls are disabled during the download and reinstall as these can sometimes interfere with proper installation of files. Also make sure that you set up exclusions on your antivirus software so it doesn't scan your FSX, P3D, or add-on directories.

Also, right-click on the download and select 'Run As Administrator' when you reinstall.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Jamie Dalton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Dalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2018 at 5:33pm
Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your help and sorry for taking a long time to respond. I've not been sure what to do because I'm getting a new PC in the coming weeks as an upgrade because my current one is low spec. I'll be installing FS2004 and SSTSIM so I've hesitated to reply as I'm not sure if I should try to get it working again on my current PC even though I'll be getting a new PC soon and will want to have SSTSIM on that one (and only that one)

I followed your instructions and was able to use my .reg key file to get to the part where it asks for the last four digits of the credit card used to make the purchase on flight1.com or a password. I encountered this issue a few years ago when I installed SSTIM on a new PC because it wasn't my credit card and I'm not in contact with the card holder anymore but can't remember how that was resolved.

Again, apologies for my late response but I would be grateful if you could advise how I can validate the install even though I don't know the last four digits of the credit card or password. I can provide other information such as names and addresses from the time of the purchase in 2007.

Regards,

Jamie
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2018 at 6:42pm
Hello,

If you do not have the password/credit card used for your order, you can submit a request for the password.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=lostorder
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Jamie Dalton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Dalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2018 at 7:03pm
Thank-you for the link Smile I've received the email with the password.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic