SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some Objects shift position after restart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Objects shift position after restart
    Posted: January-10-2021 at 11:05pm
I'll start by saying that the airport I'm working on is in the Back Country of Idaho (Big Creek). Elevation is around 5,300ft. I have noticed that objects shift their positions once I close IS3, save the flight, close out the Sim and then restart. The shift is approx 4ft from it's original position and all objects affected are equally moved. If I start IS3 again and open, lets say the fence line. . .as soon as the loading is complete all fencing snaps to it's original position. Save the flight, close the Sim, start back up and all items affected have shifted back out of position again.

Does the altitude of the airport have anything to do with this?
Ed Wells, TSgt, AFRC (Retired)

301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2021 at 6:11pm
This is a well known bug that was introduced in the  second FSX update. Altitude has everything to do with it. The objects need to be recompiled with Drawcall Batching turned off. This can be easily accomplished using Model Converter X.
ejwells811 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2021 at 9:43pm
Thank you for that. Back to normal.

301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2021 at 1:42pm
What did you do to get things right?
ejwells811 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by ualani ualani wrote:

What did you do to get things right?
Just what you mentioned. I loaded the object bgls in MCX and recompiled with drawcall batching turned off.

301st FW, NAS Fort Worth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic