SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved)Loosing all snapshots and acft data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluewa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved)Loosing all snapshots and acft data
    Posted: April-17-2014 at 1:16pm
Hi,

one more problem: After updating to "0.48" I lost all snapshots and acft data. So I used my recent backup and restored the hard disk. When opening FSiPanel I am getting an "invalid license" error. Any hints how to resolve this, as I don't want to reinstall through Flight1 and loose all my data again.

Thanks
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 1:33pm
Hi,

"invalid license" most often indicates (1) reinstalling to a changed pc environment or (2) too many installation attempts.

You can go to Flight1.com\support and reactivate your license. Then download and run the Flight 1 wrapper, selecting reinstall. You'll need to point the Wrapper to your key and also enter your password. Do not run the extracted FsiPanel installer when offered that option. That may take care of the license issue. If not, you'll need a full reinstallation of FSiPanel.
Best,
Jim

fluewa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluewa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:17pm
Yeah, option 1 in my case. Could I transfer some data manually after the reinstall? Which folders and files would I need to keep to transfer my aircraft and snapshots from before?
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:28pm
If the license restoral process works, you should not have to move anything manually as you are not actually reinstalling FSiPanel.
Best,
Jim

fluewa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluewa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 2:58pm
Unbelievable how complicated! I tried everything as mentioned, it does not work. So before I reinstall completely, please tell me which files to keep and transfer manually in order to keep the acft and snaps. Alternatively I opt for money back.

Rgds
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 3:21pm
The workaround for the license issue is really very simple. It's never failed me through 100s of reinstalls during testing.

The aircraft situation files are in FSiPanel\SituationFiles. J-P will need to comment on whether or not moving the situation files and snapshots to a new installation will work. I don't know.

For a refund, you'll need to go to Flight 1 Support.

Suspect you could do a new installation and create the files about as quickly as you could move old files. The "cleanest" way is to create new situation and snapshot files.
Best,
Jim

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2014 at 4:09pm
Hi,

Did you select P3D on option menu?
If you swap to P3D, none of your FSX aircraft will be listed, same for the snapshots as these files are not compatible.
You will need to create new aircraft for P3D.

If you select FSX and restart the software, only your FSX aircraft will be listed.

You can swap between FSX and P3D but only aircraft compatible and created for the selected platform will be shown.

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
fluewa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluewa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 5:08am
As J-P mentioned it is not that easy to move the data. I started again with variant 1 by moving my cloned backup to disk. This is where I am getting the license warning.
-I started the wrapper, pointed it to my license and repaired FSiPanel into the folder FSiPanel.com. I did not start the new setup, as Jim told me. 
Now I am getting a warning that I am running FsiPanel on 3 computers and should contact support.

USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 8:10am
Hi,

Yes, by restoring the backup, I think as far as the license is concerned the software is now on another pc.

The "trick" of the license restoral is to use the software you have in place and not move or reinstall anything. The aim is to get a valid license to go with your "new" installation of FSiPanel.

Please let us know the result when you run the Flight 1 wrapper and select Reinstall without restoring a backup of FSiPanel.
Best,
Jim

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 8:59am
Please send me by PM your order number, Lastname and I will check and reset your licence access.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
fluewa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluewa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2014 at 1:04pm
Hi J-P,

Thanks for the reset. Now my old version with all my data is working again. 
I was also able to do an update onto version 48

Thanks for your help.
Have a nice weekend
Perry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic