SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved) Uncontrollable Movement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved) Uncontrollable Movement
    Posted: March-01-2014 at 4:43pm
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before clicking the FSiPanel move aircraft button, confirm that your yoke/joystick axis are all centered with no pressure on them. Any off center axis can cause uncontrolled aircraft movement.

Jim
That is an understatement! You only have to look at the controllers and this uncontrollable movement starts. When this happens, it is the end of the story! 2 out of every 3 times I load the software this occurs.

After that you have to go through the whole process again, restart FSX, reload FSI etc!.

It is almost unusable and, yes, I follow all the instructions for IFLY specifics. 

Today when it was trimming the plane, it put it into a 90 degree turn and never did come out of it? 

JP was talking about batch files, I think he needs to consider a Batchfile to disable the controllers until FSI is done with it's setup?

(Can you tell I am frustrated?)

Norm
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 5:12pm
Hi Norm,

As a thought you might want to check that your joystick/yoke and pedals are truly centered and not spiking. Perhaps add a small null zone around neutral for elevator, aileron and rudder.

FYI, I use a Saitek Pro yoke, two throttle quads and CH pedals all axes assigned and calibrated in FSUIPC. No issues of any kind when using FSiPanel.

Best,
Jim

namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 5:23pm
Hi Jim

I also have saitek yoke and pedals and I have already been through the null zone exploration, thank you.

I also have a saitek joystick which I also use sometimes. I will try eliminating the joystick from the scenario to see it that helps. That being said, though, both the yoke and the joystick were co-habitating just fine till FSI came along so it looks like we are treating the symptom and not the problem?

(I could, of course, also manually disconnect the controllers till FSI is finished ((as well as my motion platform))?

Thanks for the advice, though

Norm
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 5:30pm
Hi Norm,

I'm not at all certain two controllers can really exist peacefully.

My recommendation would be to disconnect the controller you are not using. J-P will need to comment on the motion platform.
Best,
Jim

namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 5:32pm
As I said Jim, I have been using 2 controllers quite nicely for some time.  Some people have more that that?

Anyway thanks

N
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 6:34pm
Your choice, Norm.    My experience during testing is that duplicate axis assignments in the fsx.cfg can create issues with any version of the iFly software.
Best,
Jim

namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 6:45pm
I didn't realize that you were referring to specifically Ifly when you commented on multiple controllers, for sure, I was unaware of that but, if anyone should know, you are the manBig smile

So, I stand by my position that multiple controllers are used frequently but, now you have pointed out about Ifly, I will eliminate the axis duplication and see what transpires.

This is supposed to be fun and relaxingWacko

Thanks Jim
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2014 at 7:25pm
"This is supposed to be fun and relaxing "

Roger, that!!
Best,
Jim

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 12:28am
Hi Norm,

Could you please try the following and report, this could be a work around provided it works.

Start FSX, hit CTRL-K to disable joystick, load your flight with FSiPanel, when prompted to take over control, hit CTRL-K to turn on your joysticks and fly the approach.

An option of the software could be to disable all joystick while moving the aircraft and when ready, it will turn them back on.

Load your iFly 737 on ground somewhere and go to slew mode, see if the aircraft is moving at all by using shift Z, check coordinates. if it moves, this means the controllers are not in neutral. You can try this as well when FSiPanel gives you control.
PAUSE OFF, SLEW ON, the aircraft should be steady at altitude, heading and position, if it moves, the controllers are giving in input to FSX.

Need to start the troubleshooting step-by-step to understant this behavior.

Have a nice day,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
SteveA300 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveA300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 4:03am
Multiple controllers will live in harmony when controlled by FSUIPC ONLY. If FSX has the hardware active you will have a host of issues if you have two people pulling on different yokes etc. the only sacrifice is you need to use a common calibration for devices using the same axis, two yoke two rudders.
Cheers

Steve Masson
namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 10:46am
All my controllers are controlled and calibrated by FSUIPC.

As I have said, I have gone through all the learning curves over the years. There would also never be any instance of 2 people using different controllers at once in my situation.

I also do not have the same axis being controlled by more than one controller, obviously, this would be asking for trouble. Each controller does completely different tasks.

Thanks

Norm

zetato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zetato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 12:01pm
If the problem comes from the controllers you should see the aircraft moving on one of its axis during the very first phases of FSiPanel work, the "my control" and "setting systems" phases. Those are the phases in which FSX is in slew mode and FSiPanel sets the initial aircraft position.
If nothing happens there, the controllers are not sending spikes or command any movements.
During the trimming phase FSX is no more in slew mode, and FSiPanel is driving the normal controls to set exactly the final altitude, and speed.  
Just be sure to not touch anything during both phases, I had similar problems (uncontrolled pitch and roll) due to my press on ALT key to remove FSX menu prior to have my control  Embarrassed
Ciao!
Mauro
namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 12:21pm
Thank you Mauro

had similar problems (uncontrolled pitch and roll) due to my press on ALT key to remove FSX menu prior to have my control  Embarrassed

Glad to hear it,s not just me who's seeing weird stuff going on, I was beginning to get a complex LOLConfused

It is also interesting to say the least that merely pressing the ALT key was enough to cause problems, interesting?

Anyway back to the subject: I am sure that one of my controllers was set just a bit too fine so I increased the null zone to experiment.

Having said that, I recognize that there is a price to be paid for having what some would describe as a non standard setup (with the 2 controllers and platform) however that does not deter me from exhausting all the possible side effects to get this to work properly.

I also believe that, for future reference, these problems I am experiencing will serve to provide valuable information for future development and for potential buyers with similar setups?

Anyway your input was very informative, thank you.

Norm
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 6:38am
Hi Norm,

Have you tried the CTRL-K before loading the flight with FSiPanel?
What is the result?

If the aircraft turns 90 deg as you said above, fsx slew mode received a controller input, we will have to find which one.
First step, trying to disconnect inputs from controllers to see if the positioning of your aircraft via FSiPanel is working.
When you get the message to take over control:

Try without reconnecting the controllers to release Pause and see if your aircraft is flying straight,maintaining its altitude and heading, ready to pick up the approach. If yes, hit CTRL-K and your controllers will come online.

Let me know and we will continue the troubleshooting until we find the solution , your installation is for sure not common but we will not use that excuse to stop this thread and close the issue.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 10:17am
An option of the software could be to disable all joystick while moving the aircraft and when ready, it will turn them back on.

I like that option Smile

In the meantime, I will try Ctrl K manually and let you know.

Thanks

Norm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic