SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved) STAR into KSFO Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncrh01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved) STAR into KSFO Problem
    Posted: October-18-2015 at 10:09am
Hi J-P,

I am having trouble trying to set up flying a star into Flightbeam KSFO in the PMDG 777 in P3D V3. The plane appears to be moved to the location but the trimming of the aircraft never completes despite the log showing that the aircraft has been released for flight.
    Runway selected is 19-L and STAR is ALWYS1 with INYOE transition and DYAMD waypoint (Airac 1511). Oddly the FMC Approach Ref is showing the expected runway to be LFMN04L and is showing a 'RW/ILS FREQ ERROR'.

Any ideas?

Regards,
               Neil

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2015 at 12:41pm
Hi Neil,

Do you use ActiveSky Next as WX source?

If yes, this could be a local QNH problem, try to press B key at the beginning of the trimming phase to set your altimeter correctly, the aircraft will then stabilize.

If the aircraft is flying in trimming phase but not giving you controls, try to press your brakes for a few seconds, FSiPanel should give you the control.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
ncrh01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncrh01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2015 at 7:35am
Hi J-P,

No I am not using ASN for this situation, although I do for normal flight.

Pressing B has no effect nor does pressing the brakes - the plane remains locked in the trimming phase with the same symptoms already stated.

Regards,
               Neil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2015 at 8:51am
Hi Neil,

I have just tried the same situation and can confirm that I have the same behavior.
The aircraft was stuck at 198kts, trying to increase the IAS to the required 220kts.

The problem is probably due to the high altitude of the STAR Waypoint (27000ft), could you try a STAR with a waypoint at or below 10000feet.

I'm abroad now for a few days and won't be able to troubleshoot this case until a week, I have put it in my TODO list.

Thanks for finding this issue, I have as well to see if it is P3D V3 related or if the same applied to V2.

I will keep you updated here of the findings and corrections.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
ncrh01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncrh01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 11:56am
Hi J-P,

I tried a couple more waypoints at 8,000 & 12,000ft into 28-R and for these I did get control back but still with the FMC problem of the runway showing as LFMN04L with a 'RW/ILS FREQ ERROR'.
      I also tried KDEN 34-R at 19,000 with the same result - got control back but same runway error.

Cheers,
               Neil 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2015 at 12:54pm
Hi Neil,

FSiPanel doesn't set the FMC, I have made a quick video showing how to fly a STAR with the 777 with FMC set-up.

Video

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
ncrh01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncrh01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 11:11am
    OK Thanks. I wasn't aware it didn't set up the FMC.

Cheers,
            Neil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 2:45pm
Hi Neil,

I've made a quick fix for the STAR above 18000ft which were giving a speed problem on the 777.
Please download the hotfix below and report back if working please.
Please note that this is not an installer, just replace FSiPanel.exe with the new one below.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
ncrh01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncrh01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2015 at 11:59am
Hi J-P,

Thanks, that seems to have sorted it.

Cheers,
              Neil
Chouvinfins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chouvinfins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2015 at 1:33pm
Hi everybody same problem arrival LFKJ runway 20 star LONS3P at waypoint IS : system blocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2015 at 3:20pm
Hi, what do you mean by system blocked?
Do you use ASN as weather source?

If yes, LFKJ maybe doesn't have a METAR, FSiPanel therefore doesn't know the local barometric setting set by ASN.

When the aircraft is trimming, hit your B key to set the correct QNH.

Is the aircraft still blocked?

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic