SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved) PMDG 747-400 Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved) PMDG 747-400 Issue
    Posted: October-11-2014 at 10:45am
J-P,
I just got the 747 and today was my first attempt using FSiPanel.   After I got the airplane added to my list of aircraft I tried an approach at KPDX, rwy 28L, 8NM Final.   It took a long time trying to set up the approach with no success.  It was stuck in the prep phase.  So I selected the 8NM Final again and hit move aircraft again.   The second time it did finally get me to the Pause phase so I am ready to Arm APR and make the approach but there was no power to the aircraft so everything was dark.

Do I need to handle this one differently than the 737 or 777 from PMDG?    I have attached a screen shot of the VC and FSiPanel.

Thanks
Jerry
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2014 at 10:54am
Hi Jerry, should be the same way,
Have you installed latest version of the 747 ? service pack?
J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
HondaJet View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2014 at 11:33am
I just bought it a few days ago via download from PMDG so I assume it is their most current version.  FSX is Acceleration loaded by FSX Gold Edition.
I will install the latest update from their download page and see if it makes any difference.

Edit: J-P it was the same version so I have the latest from PMDG.
What should I check next?
Thanks,
Jerry
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2014 at 12:43pm
Hi Jerry,

Thanks, as you have bought this addon after your initial FSiPanel installation, it might be that FSiPanel doesn't have all the directory setup.

see below on SETUP page

if that is the case, try to click on "Locate new addons"

Your 747 directory should then appear.
Delete your 747 from FSiPanel.
Restart FSiPanel and create a new 747.

Try an approach, please let me know if that was the issue.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
HondaJet View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2014 at 2:42pm
J-P,
My panelstate was going to the right directory but I deleted my 747 from FSiPanel and created a new one just to see if it would help any.

It appears that doing a new aircraft creation solved the problem.  I have done two approaches so far that have worked.

Before I tried to use your program I made a custom panel state for myself in addition to the default one that first loads.  But I didn't use that for my FSiPanel flight so when I first load the aircraft everything is powered up and engines running.   

Will my custom panel state files cause any problem with FSiPanel later?
Thanks for all your support.  I have to say it has been top notch.
Jerry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic