SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] No Interface after install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjb2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] No Interface after install
    Posted: April-03-2018 at 11:22pm
Hello,

I'm new to modding FSX and decided to start with GEX NA (v2.1). After its done installing, it says installation was successful and it registers fine, but after that, nothing.

There is no interface program or shortcut top open on my Desktop or in the Start menu. The only thing I can find is a folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\GEX North America) full of DATA and UT folders and an uninstall.exe program that doesn't do anything.

I've ran the installer as administrator, UAC and antivirus were both turned off, and tried three times with no luck. Am I missing a step? As far as I understand I run the installer and there should be an interface to backup and mod FSX.

Thanks.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2018 at 11:12am
Never heard of this issue. It reads to me you installed the program correctly using admin rights but the installer didn't install the shortcut to the desktop.

Are you sure when you scroll through the start menu you do not see a directory named: Flight One Software? Inside that directory will be the Ground Environment X folder with the interface shortcut inside. If so you can copy that to the desktop or just run it there as administrator.

If the directory is not there, browse to: C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\GEX  <------- open

Inside that folder right click the file: GEXInterface.exe and select: Send to -  desktop (Create Shortcut).

From there you will have a shortcut on the desktop, right click- Run as Administrator

mjb2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjb2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2018 at 4:34pm
I figured it out after checking the appdata folder.

Flight One Software didn't exist, but then I remembered my usual Windows account is just a user account. Sure enough, checking the appdata folder for the admin account there it was. The shortcut was even on the desktop of the admin account as well.

I simply just gave security access to the Flight One Software folder in appdata to the user account and sent a shortcut to my desktop there. It runs fine now and the mods show up in FSX.

Honestly I should have realized, FSX Steam Edition isn't very friendly with regular user accounts and I've had similar issues before.

Thanks for help!
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2018 at 5:24pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic