SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 182 Turbo Skylane
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Solved] Installer freezes and does not complete
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed[Solved] Installer freezes and does not complete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] Installer freezes and does not complete
    Posted: September-19-2020 at 4:37pm
Hi,

I've recently redeemed the free aircraft. While 162 seems to have installed with no issues, I cannot successfully do so with the 182.

Every attempt at installing always hangs on a specific file: Navigraph\...\ZSXZ.txt. I tried the suggested steps from the Knowledge Base (turn off antivir, redownload, double check memory), and the usual - restart, running the setup with and without removing previous attempts (which must be done manually), attempting to 'install' into a different drive in a non-protected folder - all of them froze near the end. Attempting to install over a previous attempt hangs up at the same spot, with a "Seeking..." status.

Just to illustrate, I'll try once more, and describe my process step-by-step in case I make a misstep:
  1. downloaded the installer fresh from the client,
  2. turned on airplane mode, shut off antivirus,
  3. run installer, confirm run as admin; picked FSX STEAM option and the steamapps\common\FSX directory,
  4. as expected, the installer hangs on ZSXZ.txt; I waited around 15 minutes for it to unfreeze but alas, it did not respond and I was forced to shut it down.
I noticed the last Navigraph files (including the wrengthy one) are installed in a separate batch from the others, I assume it's intentional but I'll mention it anyways as it seems weird.

Installer version: 1.6
Sim: FSX Steam (beta)

PS. I now cannot remove the font file Glass Gauge T182T.ttf, Windows thinks it's being used by "System". Peachy, but everything else I can delete.
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2020 at 8:33am
Let the installer run for a while before exiting  It sometimes hangs when installing fonts.

With regard to the navdata, one cycle is provided with the software.  Any updates must be done by the user.
Best,
Jim

Nahcep View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2020 at 12:43pm
I've already left it running for quite a while before (even though I had no issue with the fonts it installs), but there's no harm in trying again. I've restarted Windows, redownloaded the installer again shut down all unnecessary apps (including antivir), and fired it up.

I came back to it over three hours later. Unfortunately, as shown below, the same issue persisted - the installer stopped responding at the file I mentioned.

(brak odpowiedzi = not responding)

I can leave it running overnight, though I strongly doubt another five hours or so would make a difference.

(Also, while I'm grateful for the explanation on navdata, it won't be much of an issue as long as I cannot use the plane at all.)
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2020 at 12:54pm
Something may be blocking the installer. Try the installer directly after a reboot... or boot into safe mode and maybe that may make a difference.
Steve

Nahcep View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Steve Halpern Steve Halpern wrote:

boot into safe mode

This is such an easy and obvious solution, I feel really stupid for not thinking of it before. I did just that and it worked, no problem.

Steve, you are amazing - thanks to you I can start reading the manual, and flag this question as solved. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic