SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved) iFly autobrake crashes FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved) iFly autobrake crashes FSX
    Posted: February-26-2014 at 2:22am
Good morning J-P,

Strange one this.

I have found a problem using FSiPanel with iFly 737.
I use a hardware panel to set my auto wheelbrake setting and so wrote a small LUA script to do this and assigned it to a hardware button using FSUIPC:-
--auto brake increment
ipc.writeUW("9400",1175)

This works fine except when ive set up fsx for an approach using FSiPanel.

FSiPanel sets me up for a "2" setting on auto brakes but I use "max" at shorter runways eg LGSK Skiathos . AFter upausing the sim I continue setting up for the approach . I hit my hardware button and index to autobrake 3 . . . .fine but when I hit it again to autobrake max fsx freezes completely. I know this is very strange but I have tried it several times with the same result. Advancing the autobrake using the mouse on the screen works fine. Ive even tried it on the ground after landing and the second push of the button freezes FSX solid.

Can you have a look perhaps at the routine that sets the autobrake and see if theres anything obvious.

Thankyou
Graham

PS
I cant recall this happening on the initial release of the product. ( but not %100 sure of this )
gsumner View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 3:32am
Ill add this post in addition to the one above.

The latest release seems very unstable at least for me and my iFly.

Some items noted.
I dont seem to able to send the weather properly anymore.( don't worry about this for the moment though )

The auto brake problem above.

Autobrake also seems to disarm themselves late on approach so after Ive selected them to max I land with none at all.
(EDIT -  If I dont change the autobrake setting made by fsipanel using the mouse then brakes do not disarm themselves )

After seeing I was about to touchdown with no autobrakes I hit the toga button and FSX froze solid.

Sorry about this J-P I must be giving you a headache.

Graham

Edited
Just flown a route without using fsipanel with no AUTOBRAKE issues at all. I'm afraid this points to fsipanel.
Would you suggest I try closing down fsipanel after un pausing fsx to see if that points to the problem.

USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 7:57am
Hi Graham,

As much detail as you can provide on your hardware setup which controls the autobrake would be helpful.

By latest release of FSiPanel are you referring to 1.0.0.46?

Given a proper installation of the iFly software, there is no issue with the iFly autobrake. As a matter of fact, it replicates the real world 737 autobrake very, very accurately.
Best,
Jim

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 8:15am
Hi Graham,

After FSiPanel gave you the controls, there is no more interaction with the Autobrake at all.

Now my thought about this issue:

- When you load iFly, autobrake is OFF, your routine to set Autobrake 3 for example is an increment of steps ? is that right? so it will increment actual position 3 times.

- However, if FSiPanel has already set the autobrake to 2 and you select 3 on your routine, the total increment will be 5.. out of limit and can cause the crash of iFly as it doesn't expect this value.

To test this, when FSiPanel gives you control, release pause, start your flight, then set with the MOUSE Autobrake to OFF and from this position, try your hardware to select your desired position.

If this work, it will confirm the above idea and either we can set an option to FSiPanel not to set any Autobrake and leave it to the pilot or try to change your script accordingly.

Please let me know.

Safe flights,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
gsumner View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 10:24am
Hi I'll try that later J-P after work. However when im not using fsipanel I can push my increment button 100 times and it won't crash. Fsipanel sets it to 2. Each press of my button increments it by one and what I've found is it will set it to 3 but the next push crashes fsx.

I'll try setting it to off and go from there otherwise I'll have to try a lua a script that sets it to a given setting as opposed to the incremental method.

Out of interest are you incrementing to 2 or sending the command to go straight to 2

Graham
gsumner View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 10:33am
USN06

I have a good install of iFly and do not have any issue of the autobrake system outside of the fsipanel. My hardware is a Goflight panel but this is irrelevant I believe as its just sending a command to fsuipc which in turn triggers the correct offset command to increment the switch position by one.

Graham
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 10:51am
Have you checked iFlytofsuipc, which gives offsets and key commands for auto brake positions?

1198 KEY_COMMAND_GEAR_AUTO_BRAKE_POS1
1199 KEY_COMMAND_GEAR_AUTO_BRAKE_POS2
1200 KEY_COMMAND_GEAR_AUTO_BRAKE_POS3
1201 KEY_COMMAND_GEAR_AUTO_BRAKE_POS4
1202 KEY_COMMAND_GEAR_AUTO_BRAKE_POS5
1203 KEY_COMMAND_GEAR_AUTO_BRAKE_POS6
Best,
Jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 10:51am
Just setting directly 2, no increment.
Let me know when you have tested.

if that's the issue, either you will need to modify the FSUIPC script or I can add a line in the config.txt disabling the setting of Autobrake, giving you full responsability for this one.

Cheers
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
gsumner View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 12:45pm
USB 06

I understand fully what you're saying. I'm not in a position to have a 6 position switch to allocate all these offsets to :-( that's why I have 2 buttons. One allocated to increment,the other to decrement ( both by 1 level on each push)..

It would make sense for fsipanel " not" to set the auto  brake as it should be set according to runway length and weather requirements I would have thought but I don't really expect you to do it on just my behalf J-P but thankyou.

Maybe autobrake setting by fsipanel could be an option. Could I try altering the config text?
USN O6 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USN O6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 1:29pm
Ah, OK. In that case, J-P's offer for the line in the cfg looks to be your best option.
Best,
Jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 2:53pm
Hi Graham,

Please check your PM on the forum.
Sent you a new modified .exe to try.

If ok, please report here and will be validated on next update.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
gsumner View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 5:32pm
J-P,

Tonight after work I tried my sim with FSiPanel. Its amazing that even though I havent changed a thing it didn't crash once no matter how many times I reloaded situations. Please dont change anything in your program as Ive got to pinpoint what went on as and when it happens again.

It may be the order I started my hardware up or computer or something. Ill try again in the morning and try to retrace my steps earlier when things kept going wrong.

Graham

EDIT
Getting stranger. Above flight was all done using 737-700.
Restarted fsx changed everything to 737-800 BANG same problems as this morning. Also notice too that the scenery seems to load twice. More time needed to pinpoint this but bedtime now.

Graham

EDIT 2 . . .still awake !

I may see a pattern here but I really must go to bed. Heres some food for thought. On my 737-800 flights above I restarted FSX hopped in the 800 then changed the FSiPanel settings to the 800 variant ( fsx is running here whilst I make this setting ) AutoBrake problems and scenes loading twice. . . . . I decided to try the 700 again but what I did is started up FSiPanel changed to the 700 in the settings page then closed it down. Did this on server and client.

I then started FSX and hopped in the 700 variant and started FSiPanel ( which is already set for the 700 ) and flew without a problem.

Ill do more tests tomorrow but.....is the 800 variant the problem or is changing aircraft in FSiPanel whilst fsx is running having some effect on things. Ill test more tomorrow. Im determined to beat this J-P

Graham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 1:03am
Hi Graham,

Changing aircraft variant will probably make the scenery load twice, not a bug, this is a correct behavior due to a bug of FSX.

Sometimes loading a new flight at the same airport with a different aircraft will result in loading the old file... so this is to prevent this to happend.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
gsumner View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 3:08am
J-P GOOD NEWS !

I can now reproduce the crashes at will ( at least on my system ).

If I change the AIRCRAFT IN USE without restarting the server I get all my problems. I can even tell im going to have a problem with the autobrake before I touch it because in this situation I see the scenery load twice before the aircraft systems set up for flight.

For me the problem is solved because I know to restart the FSiPanel Server each time I alter the Aircraft ( this even includes same aircraft different weights ). If others report problems you could suggest a restart after the config change or force FSiPanel to restart itself.

Be interesting to see if you can use this info to find anything in your program thats needs a bit of adjustment.

Anyway for me just now all of the above problems are in the past provided I restart FSiPanel after changing Aircraft in use. The program is running excellent.

Thanks
Graham

One thing I will do is check whether a restart of the client is good enough or you have to restart both client and server ( which ive been doing ) will report back

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 3:14am
Great Graham,
Thanks for this findings!

You can still update with the file I gave you if you want responsability for the Autobrake.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
gsumner View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 3:45am
It seems a restart of the server does the trick ( no need for client restart ). Once its restarted the client prompts you to select an aircraft anyway.

Perhaps an option to reboot the server from the client might be an idea for people with full size sims and also the option to start the server minimized too as using properties in windows to start the program minimized doesnt seem to work . . .just a thought ;-)

Thanks J-P . . . .now wheres those approach plates ?

Feel free to mark this solved :-)

Graham
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic