SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] Grass instead of taxiways KALB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericst01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] Grass instead of taxiways KALB
    Posted: December-17-2017 at 1:55pm
Hello,

Fresh install of UTX USA 2.3 for P3D v4, over a fresh install of P3D v4.1, no other add-ons -

KALB now showing grass instead of taxiways. Immediately prior to installation of UTX (20 minutes) with no other intervening installation actions, virgin P3D (sans UTX) showed normal taxiways at KALB.
moonraker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonraker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 6:47am
Hi,
Same here!
New install of Prepar3D v4.17 followed by UTX Europe, USA, Canada and Tropical America and then GE3D - grass taxiways at Dyce (Aberdeen) and Exeter airports. Great products but the UK vegetation is a bit anaemic - we really do have green fields in the UK in winter!
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 2:32pm
UTX does not make any changes to standard ground textures or seasonal lookup tables, it specifies land classification (i.e. urban, rural, high-rise, etc.) and vector scenery like roads, railroads and water features.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
ericst01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericst01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 3:16pm
Ok, so back to my original question. Why should the installation of UTX at KALB result in grass instead of taxiways?

Remove UTX -> back to normal taxiways.

Pretty much looks like something that UTX is doing, not sure what / why.

Can anyone replicate this problem?
moonraker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonraker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 3:48pm
Hi Jeff,
I understand where you are coming from but the fact is if I turn off UT Europe Airports in the scenery library all of my taxiways at Dyce and Exeter are returned to what I call normal ie the same as I have on another computer running fsx with all of Flight1's relevant add-ons. My quip on the vegetation colour should probably have been addressed to the GEX guys.

I have been running FSX for many years with a very good system but the VAS problem finally got me down so I am hellbent on getting Prepar3D v4 the way that I want it. It was a great pleasure to me to find, once I got back into the forum, that Quantumleap was still up and running!

Howard (aka moonraker)
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2018 at 10:46pm
I did some digging and it seems that this is a known issue related to the way that LM changed the handling of taxiway draw flags which is inconsistent with previous FSX usage.

This therefore does cause visible issues at some airports which are repositioned by UTX (note it should have no impact on airports which UTX does not reposition and so it will be something else causing the problem).

The workaround at this time is to use the UTX Setup Tool to disable the specific airport repositioning (do this from the 'Modify Status Of Repositioned Airports' choice under the 'Terrain' menu). Details are provided in the manual supplied with the product on how to use this menu option.

This issue is noted in our official issue list and so will be looked at when we next look to update the UTX products.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
moonraker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonraker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2018 at 5:42am
Thank you Jeff,
Did as you said and taxiways are no longer sprouting grass. I am a bit irritated that I didn't think of that solution myself - must be losing my touch. I will keep my eyes open for the update sometime in the future, meanwhile I will get on and enjoy.
I wonder if a similar solution worked for ericst01 at KALB!!

Howard
ericst01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericst01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2018 at 8:02pm
Agreed, the workaround works. Much appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic