SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] GEX Interface

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adkleaddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] GEX Interface
    Posted: March-04-2018 at 12:40pm
It never ends.....

Got FSX working after a new build, now the GEX interface says it has license issues. 

"License check failed"

I followed the instructions, but still no access to the interface.

Confused
3770K,GTX670, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quad, 2xSSD(OS/FSX) 1TB HDD, FSX,GEX NA-EU-SA,UTX,UT2..What NeXt?

adkleaddog View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adkleaddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2018 at 6:26pm
I believe I got it....

Found the post, reinstalled and so far so good.  Smile
3770K,GTX670, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quad, 2xSSD(OS/FSX) 1TB HDD, FSX,GEX NA-EU-SA,UTX,UT2..What NeXt?

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2018 at 9:01pm
You have to run the wrapper to install the license.

You cant migrate the product

Glad you got it sorted.
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adkleaddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2018 at 5:19pm
Well, I thought it was sorted....

It seemed to work, had a test flight and it appeared to be ok.  I just fired up the interface and it asked to back up NA, which I did with a success message.

Now it says my GEX products are not enabled in FSX.  

I click in the bullet, and now it's installing NA - again. Success message...

Same for SA/A......

What did I do wrong this time?

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2018 at 5:53pm
Right click the desktop icon...  select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Get used to doing that will all software in Windows 10. if you don't, installers and interfaces can fail.

Windows isn't allowing the GEX interface to write to is configuration files and may also be failing to overwrite the textures in FSX
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adkleaddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2018 at 7:04pm
Ok, I'll give it a go, I understand the W10 admin thing, but perhaps I forget to do so!

I appreciate your patience, hopefully this is it.  I'll let you know when I'm at my home "confuser" and retry - I'm off on vaca with the better half for a few days in an attempt to lower my blood pressure! Tongue

Again, many thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic