SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved) FSiPanel Stuck Trimming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signmanbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved) FSiPanel Stuck Trimming
    Posted: March-02-2014 at 8:35pm
Hello,
I'm having a problem with FSiPanel getting stuck trimming my PMDG 737.
Usually the first time I try to use it.  I will start FSiPanel and go through selecting my airport, weather,runway, placement, etc., and then select "Move A/C".
FSX will start and I can see it placing my PMDG 737 in the air.  The PMDG count down proceeds, followed by the FSiPanel count down, then the message to wait while FSiPanel trims the aircraft, only the nose of the aircraft starts to fall until it points straight down.
Then FSiPanel is stuck and will stay in that position until I select "End Flight".
Sometimes it is working just fine and I can use it for several approaches, then it will do it again.
Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.
It is frustrating to have to wait for FSX to start and FSiPanel to configure, just to have to end flight and start all over again.

namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 12:44am
I have the same problem very frequently and I am also forced to close FSX and FSI and try again.

I have heard that it could be related to undesirable spikes coming from a controller. I have also been advised that it could be that I am using 2 controllers?? 
I have attempted to negate this possibility by temporarily removing one of them and also increasing the null zones! Did not seem to make much difference!

I have got into the habit now of physically moving the controller and allowing it to find it's home position before I start FSI?  This has helped a little but I still get the problem?

Another user was getting similar problems just because he pushed the ALT key?

These anomalies are, for sure, very annoying 

Cheers

Norm
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 6:26am
Hi,

The alt key problem is different, this is why FSiPanel asks you not to touch anything while moving the airplane.
FSiPanel is receiving different parameters from FSX during the loading of the flight, one of these is the "Ready state", in other word, FSX must be ready for FSiPanel to start the work. Pressing the Alt key or possibly any other key will change the status sent by FSX and FSiPanel will wait for undefined period. Alt key sends the same status as having a menu open.

For the above problem, you said you're starting FSiPanel and then FSX starts automatically, correct?
On the first approach, you get sometimes this behaviour ?

Could you try the following and report.

Start FSX, default flight, Cessna 172 on ground anywhere is ok.
Then make sure your controller(s) are centered, try by pressing Y to go in slew mode, your Cessna should stay still, no movement at all, this means controllers ok and null zone is set.

Then Start FSiPanel, load your approach and don't touch anything until you get the message to take over controls,

Please let me know if you still have the problem on your first approach.
If you have it, please close FSiPanel and send me your log.txt at support email.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 10:10am
Thank you, I will try that and let you know.

Cheers

Norm
signmanbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signmanbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 5:18pm
"Please let me know if you still have the problem on your first approach.
If you have it, please close FSiPanel and send me your log.txt at support email."

Hello J-P,
I will be glad to try this and let you know what happens.  I really hope this can be easily corrected.  I love this program when I can get it to work correctly. 

Thank you,
Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 12:23am
I believe this problem is only occuring when FSUIPC is in charge of the controller(s) axis.

If yes, confirm you have disabled controllers in Settings/Controls of FSX?

I wasn't using FSUIPC for my controllers axis, I've just made a configuration using ONLY FSUIPC to control my axis and I didn't get any problem with FSiPanel, however, I have disabled the controlers under Options, Settings, Controls of FSX.

Now if you load a Cessna on ground anywhere and hit the slew mode (Y), moving all your axis should have no effect on the position, is that the case on your installation?

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 12:36am
Since your last message, I have used Ctrl + K to disable joystick in FSX and, both times I tried it, the program worked fine Big smile
I will test some more and report back.

BTW I did the slew test also, (before disabling joystick) as you suggested and both times there was no un-commanded movement meaning that the joystick was not causing problems. Of course I have increased the null zone prior to this.

Glad to see, we appear to be getting somewhere.

I think that your idea of a batch file automatically disable controllers is worth experimenting with?

Cheers

Norm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 12:55am
Are you using ONLY FSUIPC as controller?

if yes, if you don't assign an axis to SLEW, you shouldn't be able to slew the aircraft using any of your joystick, therefore when loading a flight, whatever position are your controllers, it shouldn't affect the position...

CTRL-K as you did disable Microsoft FSX controllers input, not FSUIPC... this means that FSX has still some controls over your joysticks, including slew mode.

We will find the solution now.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 12:59am
Sorry, I should have told you that before.

FSX, indeed has control over my controllers. Before I disable them, with Ctrl K I can slew using them and after disabling I cannot.

Cheers
Norm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 1:02am
OK, this can be the conflict...

Normally you should either let FSUIPC take care of your controllers or choose the standard FSX.

For which axis are you using FSUIPC?
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 1:10am
I am not letting FSUIPC control any axis, FSX is in control. It was, in the past, but since I started to try to troubleshoot this problem, I changed that and gave control totally to FSX. As the problem persisted, I knew that FSUIPC was not the culprit.

I, now, only use FSUIPC for my key/button presses using other input devices with a leo bodnar interface.

All axes are controlled by FSX.

Norm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 1:39am
Ok I see. You have interference then, lot of people have this issue of slewing aircraft when the joystick are very sensitive.

To fix it, go to FSX settings, controls and then DELETE all slew assigned to controllers. You may have different controllers having slew mode assigned to its axis. Please remove all of them.

Then load a Cessna, on ground, activate Slew and move each and every of your controllers axis, your aircraft should remain static. Exit slew, try now ailerons, elevators, rudders, etc. make sure every axis work as expected.

By doing this, even if your joystick is full deflection when loading a flight, it will have no effect on the slew...

I believe a lot of people prefer to disable all controllers in FSX and use exclusively FSUiPC for this job, apparently it does it much better and you have more options for each axis.

At the end it is your decision what fit you best.

Please let me know if that helps?

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
namron2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 2:06am
I was very surprised to discover that I had axes assigned to slew mode as I never use it? But, indeed I did and I have deleted them.

I tried it twice and, as you say, I can have full deflection and it doesn't affect program operationSmile

I think this could well be the answer and I will keep you updated . In the meantime, I guess you could clear these posts as being solvedSmile

Thank you for all your assistance.
Norm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signmanbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2014 at 10:55am
Last night was funny.  I couldn't get FSX to start, so I finally checked my DLL.XML file and there were TWO listings of FSUIPC.  On top of that, the line that supposed to always be at the bottom, was in the middle.  What change my DLL.XML file, I have no idea!
Anyway, after getting that straightened out, I started FSX and used the Flight1 complex airplane startup file, which puts the ultra-lite at an airport runway, and supposed to be the best situation to start complex aircraft.
Then I started FSiPanel and everything went perfectly with no problems.
I will try this again tonight.  I believe it will be the ticket. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signmanbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2014 at 1:04pm
Ok, loading the default ultralite using the Flight1 complex aircraft file, then setting up FSiPanel and 'move aircraft' seems to work every time.
Thank you for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic