SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > AirWrench - Air Traffic FX - GeoApr and FS Stall Effects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] FS Effects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] FS Effects
    Posted: November-14-2018 at 12:03pm
Purchased, downloaded, several times for the download, it's in the sim under add ons, but it won't open, and everything freezes. Running FSX only. Answer??
jimmymac
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2018 at 6:57pm
I doubt this is the problem, but FS Effects won't open if the sim is paused.

We haven't run across anything like this, so can you tell me more about your situation so I can make an attempt at duplicating it?

Which aircraft are you using?  Does it do this with all aircraft?

What is your display configuration? Are you running full screen or windowed mode?

When you say it won't open and everything freezes, what did you do next?  Could you resume your flight, or did you have to close out of FS completely?

drummerguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2018 at 10:32am
No the sim is not paused, full window, Carenado malibu
jimmymac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2018 at 10:34am
Yes it does it for all aircraft. When I open addons, it's there but when I click on FS Effects, sim freezes, I press escape key, all back to normal, but no FS Effects.
jimmymac
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2018 at 10:51am
Thank you for the feedback.  I'm looking into it...
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2018 at 7:41pm
I have found that I can duplicate the problem you describe; but on my system, the problem only occurs intermittently when I'm in full screen mode.  The problem doesn't occur when FSX is in windowed mode.

As an interim work around, I would suggest you try switching out of full screen mode (press Alt-Enter keys) before selecting FS Effects from the Add-ons menu.  After you are done with FS Effects settings, you can toggle back to full screen mode by pressing the Alt-Enter keys again.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't require any work arounds...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2018 at 10:52am
Yes, that works. Not a big issue for me and It may help others with same issue. Thank you for the investigation. If you find a fix, will it be posted for everyone as well? Thank you.
jimmymac
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2018 at 11:07am
Yes, I will follow up with a post here when I have a fix ready. 

mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2018 at 4:40pm
FS Effects has been updated to version 1.03 to fix this problem.  And the new version is no longer fussy about whether or not the sim is paused when it's selected from the Add-ons menu.

Please download the FSEffects installer again from the Flight1 products listing page (http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=fsstall) and re-install FSEffects.
JOM4021 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOM4021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2019 at 3:41am
Hello,
I just installed FS Effects v 1.03, but on P3D4.4, and had exactly the same problem as Durmmerguy. The work around of enabling in windowed mode instead of full screen is working as well, but apparently you would need another update of the product so that it does not happen in P3D either...
Regards.
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2019 at 10:30am
Ok thanks, I'll look into it.
mudpond View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2019 at 10:22pm
I didn't find exactly the same problem described by drummerguy at the start of this thread, but I did find other equally bad user interface problems when I ran P3Dv4 in full screen mode.  

An updated version of FS Effects was released today (February 20, 2019) to correct these issues. The FS Effects Installation Manager is unchanged and is still at version 1.03, however, the Real-Time User Interface is now at version 1.04.

Please download the FSEffects installer again from the Flight1 products listing page (http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=fsstall) and re-install FSEffects.

The updated program was tested in both full screen mode and windowed mode in FSX, FSX SE, P3Dv3, and P3Dv4 without issues, but additional feedback is always welcome...
JOM4021 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOM4021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2019 at 4:13pm
Hello,

Just reinstalled as per your instructions, and it works perfectly !

Thanks for your help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic