SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - (Solved) First Flight Question about Airport Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved) First Flight Question about Airport Info

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
HondaJet View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group


Joined: July-28-2012
Location: Sequim, WA
Points: 90
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved) First Flight Question about Airport Info
    Posted: February-25-2014 at 7:52pm
I started with a real easy setup with the following inputs:
1- PMDG 739 with WL
2- KBFI
3- RWY31L
4- 8NM Final ILS4
5- Set live weather with some tweaks for lower vis and wind speed


Everything seemed good; TRK 310, CRS 310, A/T & A/P set, Flaps set, gear down, AutoBrake set, V speeds set, Nav radios both set to 110.9

The problem I see is my FMS shows my first fix as RWY04L with heading of 044.
JP, can you let me know if I have set something wrong or is this a database problem?
I ran the approach and it followed the LOC & GS for rwy 31L as it should.

I tried a second approach (without restarting FSX) at the same rwy at 4NM ILS and when I went off pause none of my click spots would work so I could not get the APP selected, I had no control over the aircraft since I couldn't get it out of A/P or A/T, no control of any other A/P functions or anything else that requires click spots.

I am using TrackIR with EZdok in a VC.
Thanks
Jerry


Back to Top
HondaJet View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group


Joined: July-28-2012
Location: Sequim, WA
Points: 90
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 8:19pm
JP,
My next attempt (after FSX restart) was also at KBFI with a 777 on RWY 13R, 4 NM ILS final.
This one started near Boeing Field to the west of the runway and started to slew to the east but went past the runway centerline and continued on east.  I let it continue until it was all the way past KRNT further east and still slewing.  TrackIR and EZdok were not working at all this time so I had no control of views either.  I finally just closed FSX.

I have some serious issues and hope you can fix them, otherwise it is unusable for me.  Just to confirm I did run the database process before I put in the first aircraft. Would it help to run that again in case it is corrupted?  Is there a file I should delete first before I run the build again?
Thanks
Jerry
Back to Top
J-P Garraio View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: February-20-2014
Points: 1448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by HondaJet HondaJet wrote:


The problem I see is my FMS shows my first fix as RWY04L with heading of 044.
JP, can you let me know if I have set something wrong or is this a database problem?
I ran the approach and it followed the LOC & GS for rwy 31L as it should.

Hi Jerry, FSiPanel doesn't set the FMS on the approach for PMDG fleet, it's a feature which is planned and it is actually pending on PMDG (Waiting for the doc to create the file). The RWY 04L in LFMN is the RWY used for the creation of the generic file.

Originally posted by HondaJet HondaJet wrote:


I tried a second approach (without restarting FSX) at the same rwy at 4NM ILS and when I went off pause none of my click spots would work so I could not get the APP selected, I had no control over the aircraft since I couldn't get it out of A/P or A/T, no control of any other A/P functions or anything else that requires click spots.

Never had such a problem, FSiPanel is not interfering with the panel itself. Were you able to change settings on the overhead panel for example ? This needs further investigation, it has never been reported.

I believe other pilots are using same ocnfig TrackIR with EZDoc, I don't know this utility, does it have anything to do with the click spots?

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Back to Top
J-P Garraio View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: February-20-2014
Points: 1448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by HondaJet HondaJet wrote:

JP,
My next attempt (after FSX restart) was also at KBFI with a 777 on RWY 13R, 4 NM ILS final.
This one started near Boeing Field to the west of the runway and started to slew to the east but went past the runway centerline and continued on east.  I let it continue until it was all the way past KRNT further east and still slewing.  TrackIR and EZdok were not working at all this time so I had no control of views either.  I finally just closed FSX.

I have some serious issues and hope you can fix them, otherwise it is unusable for me.  Just to confirm I did run the database process before I put in the first aircraft. Would it help to run that again in case it is corrupted?  Is there a file I should delete first before I run the build again?
Thanks
Jerry



I have tried the same approach on 3 different computers with 777, all ok, even with 30kts crosswind, 3NM final.

Could you please send me the following files (email add on PM):
Config.txt
log.txt just after an unsuccessful approach at KBFI 13R 4NM 777.
Will then be able to compare with mine.

Thanks,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Back to Top
J-P Garraio View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: February-20-2014
Points: 1448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2014 at 11:04pm
Hi Jerry,

After reading one of your post for networking, I understood that you were running on Server/Network.

I tried the same approach as above and I confirm the bug, if you try the same approach on the server side, it will work.

I'm working on it, thanks for finding it!

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Back to Top
J-P Garraio View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: February-20-2014
Points: 1448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 12:08am
Hi Jerry,

Just finished the correction, check version 1.0.0.46
Problem was the Variation (20 deg) in Seattle, it was not taken into account on the client side... And as we were beta testing in Europe with Variation of 1 to 3 deg, it was hard to detect..

Please confirm new version working.

Have a nice day,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Back to Top
HondaJet View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group


Joined: July-28-2012
Location: Sequim, WA
Points: 90
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 11:31am
J-P,
I just ran the approach to Rwy 13R and also 31L at KBFI on 8NM final with T7 and it worked as advertised.  No slewing left or right of LOC and no trouble with the T7 other than I could not use the keyboard to end flight after landing the second approach.  The variation issue in client mode must have been it.  Big smile

I really look forward to playing around with the other functions in the next week to get familiar with FSiPanel; this is going to be an excellent tool to improve my flying skills. 

Thanks for the excellent support.
Jerry
Back to Top
J-P Garraio View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: February-20-2014
Points: 1448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 11:33am
Thanks, happy it's fixed and thanks for your report
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.