SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved) FACT STAR issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonardvanderWalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Solved) FACT STAR issues
    Posted: November-16-2014 at 11:17pm
Morning J-P
Tried flying a STAR (ERDA1B) into FACT this morning. Set up in FsiPanel was fine, however when the aircraft (PMDG737) is ready for me to programme the FMS, (there is a route in the FMS), however its to a waypoint known as NERAS. My first waypoint should be ERDAS. 
Neras seems to be a waypoint just south of Nice, nowhere near Cape Town.
I also selected runway 19 for FACT and the FMS has a runway 4L programmed. FACT does not have a runway 4L.
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">One more thing its not clear when updating to the latest AIRAC, where Navigraph needs to save the latest download. Navigraph asks me to select the appropriate folder to save the AIRAC to, and I am not sure what the right folder is.</span>
<span style="line-height: 18.2000007629395px;">Please advise.</span>

<span style="line-height: 18.2000007629395px;">Regards</span>
<span style="line-height: 18.2000007629395px;">Leonard</span>

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2014 at 11:28pm
Good morning Leonard,

FSiPanel doesn't set your FMS at all. When loading any flight using FSiPanel on the PMDG fleet, your FMS will show a local flight from LFMN to LFMN in France.

In your case, what you need to do:
- Go to Route page.
- Change destination to FACT
- go to DEP/ARR, select runway, ILS, STAR.
- go to LEGS page, look for your waypoint (the one selected with FSiPanel), bring it to the first line (Direct-To)

You will then have your flight plan set for your STAR arrival at FACT.

For Navigraph update:
- Are you using the software or manual update ?
- In both cases, Navigraph should automaticall detect the correct installation directory.

Please try to download the latest FSiPanel AIRAC on navigraph website as the DB had some issue yesterday. it has been fixed now.

If you are asked for the installation path, select:
FSiPanel main directory ex : C:\Program Files (x86)\FSiPanel\FSiPanel

Navigraph installer will then put all the files in a NavData folder within FSiPanel main directory.

Let me know if it helps!

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
LeonardvanderWalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonardvanderWalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2014 at 12:02am
J-P
Wow as always fantastic support from you. 
My fault, apologies. The RTE page by default opens on page 2 making it impossible to enter FACT, unless of course you go back to page 1.....which i did not do :-) Sorry to waste your time, i should have checked properly.
Navigraph also sorted out.
Have a good day,
Leonard

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2014 at 1:04am
You're welcome.
Thanks, you too.
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic